Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster Reply with quote

What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

...you have a forum resume?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is C, SS and possibly a true #2 receiver stepping up.

Center is a big one as Cook still plays like he is hurt and Robinson is an unknown. I think this could be our biggest need this year

Strong safety- Yes we just draft Williams who has looked solid but is overall still an unknown. Iloka is the front runner but since he missed game 3 we havent seen a ton of him either. Not really sure who will step up if anyone this year

#2 Receiver- Guys like Sanu and Jones have had great moments this year. They look poised to break out and with a guy like Eifert as another target, Dalton could be in a good position. However, we truly need one of the receivers opposite Green to step up and take the #2 job

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

Center is a big one as Cook still plays like he is hurt and Robinson is an unknown. I think this could be our biggest need this year

Strong safety- Yes we just draft Williams who has looked solid but is overall still an unknown. Iloka is the front runner but since he missed game 3 we havent seen a ton of him either. Not really sure who will step up if anyone this year

#2 Receiver- Guys like Sanu and Jones have had great moments this year. They look poised to break out and with a guy like Eifert as another target, Dalton could be in a good position. However, we truly need one of the receivers opposite Green to step up and take the #2 job

I would change #2 receiver to Guard. I think Sanu will be solid this year.

Our Guards on the other hand have both looked suspect so far...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I would change #2 receiver to Guard. I think Sanu will be solid this year.

Our Guards on the other hand have both looked suspect so far...

I think Boling is fine if he gets better play at C next to him. And Zeitler was great last year, I am not giving up on him based on 3 games this year.

As for receiver, I have hope for Sanu. But as of now, we do not have proven #2. So I am concerned

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 WR could be huge outside of centre.

If Eifert wasn't there i could have seen us take D-Hop at 21. It was clear our main goal this offseason was to get Dalton the weapons he needs.

Hopefully Marvin Jones can ball out because i don't think Sanu is anymore than a chain-moving role player.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 offensive line
2 offensive line
3 quarterback

Center, left guard and tackle all worry me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Ro Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

1. O-Line. Both Whitworth and Smith are banged up and haven't practiced, Cook/Robinson don't look like they could move a wheelbarrow and Boling looks suspect. Zeitler maybe our best lineman right now. The one piece of good new is Gio Bernard; he's a yard quicker than BJGE, and may be able to bust the cracks and bounce outside much quicker.

2. Dez Bryant toasted Kirkpatrick last week. Our pass defence needs some young guys to step up this year. We might be asking a lot from some young inexperienced guys, particularly at safety.

3. Lots of people will say #2 WR, but I think we'll be OK @ WR this year, especially given that Eifert looks to be a potentially great receiving TE. i'll say our 3rd biggest weakness is LB, particularly in the pass game. I still have nightmares of watching Maualuga play 3rd down against the Texans last 2 years. it maybe the best off-season move to use him as a 2 down LB only.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna go against the grain here a bit

3.CB-Kirkpatrick has not impressed in the preseason, and theres no guarantee neither Newman or Jones will hold up again. I am a bit concerned in this are

2.C-I still believe in Cook, but alot of people are giving up on him because of his struggles this preseason. Plus the 2nd option Robinson is even worse for the most part. Could use a big upgrade here this offseason

1.OLB-I just dont trust Harrison being able to contribute enough to the team. And the options behind him aren't exactly making me smile either. IMO this postion needs to be considered alot in the 1st round next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: