Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster Reply with quote

What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

...you have a forum resume?
shawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest concerns...

1. There is potential for our offensive line to be just as bad, if not worse than last year.

2. A complete defensive collapse seems too realistic

3. Bruce Arians offense puts a lot of emphasis on his tight ends...and we don't have one that is worthy of being an NFL starter.

sig made by mike23md
shawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I answered your question wrong I think. If you are looking for individual positions...

1. LT/LG/C/RG
2. TE
3. SS
4. Pash Rusher
5. WR(our depth is very weak)
6. QB

I actually, strangely enough, have gained a lot of confidence in Palmer since the preseason started. I know his numbers might not be ideal, but overall, I actually like what I have seen.

sig made by mike23md
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
I actually, strangely enough, have gained a lot of confidence in Palmer since the preseason started. I know his numbers might not be ideal, but overall, I actually like what I have seen.

Same. While he's missed a lot of passes, many of them can be chalked up to timing and miscommunication with receivers which will improve with time. What Palmer brings that we haven't recently had is composure in the pocket and the ability to read a defense.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Outside Passrusher
2. Offensive Tackle
3. Cornerback

Tough to name just 3 as we need upgrades at many positions.

As for the future, QB will definitely be #1
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I we are talking needs it is pretty simple for me, there are three positions where our starters are just bad;

Tight End
Strong Safety
Outside Linebacker

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I we are talking needs it is pretty simple for me, there are three positions where our starters are just bad;

Tight End
Strong Safety
Outside Linebacker

Although Housler displayed some pretty serious bricks for hands on the dropped touchdown pass, I think he was generating a lot of buzz out of camp. I think Arians expects big things from him if he can get his ankle healthy (and learn how to catch).

Our #2 CB on the other hand, is going to get picked on all season long.

And we all know our OT's are going to allow non-stop pressure.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's too tough to tell what's going to be the biggest need on defense because I haven't seen this new coaching staff or scheme go to work in a regular season game. I predict we take a step backward though and end up either blaming that on needing a better #2 cover corner or rush OLB's who are also good in run support and coverage.

Funny too - if we had not made the two moves that I hated this offseason - letting Greg Toler go and cutting OBS, we would be better off in those two areas.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
I think it's too tough to tell what's going to be the biggest need on defense because I haven't seen this new coaching staff or scheme go to work in a regular season game. I predict we take a step backward though and end up either blaming that on needing a better #2 cover corner or rush OLB's who are also good in run support and coverage.

Funny too - if we had not made the two moves that I hated this offseason - letting Greg Toler go and cutting OBS, we would be better off in those two areas.

Eh OBS never did anything special here. He had some potential and I would have liked him to stay if I ever saw him take a game over. He'd string together a couple nice plays but he couldn't do it over a whole quarter let alone a game.

Toler... Yeah I badly wish he was still here. Even at the price tag he got. I just see Powers and Cason getting burnt a lot.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

Eh OBS never did anything special here. He had some potential and I would have liked him to stay if I ever saw him take a game over. He'd string together a couple nice plays but he couldn't do it over a whole quarter let alone a game.

Toler... Yeah I badly wish he was still here. Even at the price tag he got. I just see Powers and Cason getting burnt a lot.

I think OBS busts out this year like Toler did at the end of last season. Problem is OBS has always either been injured or making some bone headed mental mistake / over thinking things - but I really think the light goes on for him, just seeing the raw talent that was there.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:

I think OBS busts out this year like Toler did at the end of last season. Problem is OBS has always either been injured or making some bone headed mental mistake / over thinking things - but I really think the light goes on for him, just seeing the raw talent that was there.

You expect him to break out this year in a new defensive scheme when he could barely master Horton's scheme in 2 years? I like OBS but he was never a game changer here. That's how you spot a guy who is about to breakout, he's shown (albeit inconsistently) that he can take over games. Toler has shown that. OBS never did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: