Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
this providence

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Starting QB (Duh)

2. Starting DT -- This will be Williams' last season with the club. Floyd may or may not be a sound option. Regardless, they need a tremendous upgrade at this position going into 2014.
3a. DE -- Allen is not likely to be back. Both Griffen and Robison contracts are up. There's a good chance they bring one out of the two back, probably 50-50 they both return. With Robison's age and Griffen's unproven track record in playing a full-time role, this position needs to be addressed.
3b. CB -- Over Cook's tenure, he's never been a guy that can stay on the field. A lot of has to do with injuries and of course we all know his legal troubles. He's up at the end of the year as well but I just have zero faith in the guy to ever be someone a team can count on. Robinson looked the part of a bust when he was drafted and I would say he's trending that way. Rhodes on the other hand, very good skill set and I believe he's going to be a fine corner.

LB and G play both need dramatic overhauls as well. The above positions are in dire need of an infusion of younger, higher end talent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Starting QB - Can Ponder fill this need?
2. Slot CB - Robinson has struggled on the outside, but can he successfully move inside
3. DT - Letroy Guion and Fred Evans simply arent starting caliber players
4. 3 Down LB - Its hard to judge at this point, maybe Erin Henderson fills this spot. It may be too early to tell.
5. OG - Ponder seems to be getting decent pockets to work with, I dont think the OGs are as bad as people think

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn I wanted to be the first to say it but.
1.QB
2.QB
3.QB

But in all Seriousness

1.QB
2.CB - just because they all have phenomenal, but none are close to 100 percent proven
3.O-line - Now I don't know exactly where the line is crumbling but we are going to need a decent offense to have any kind of team. I've seen some great blocking plays and I've seen some disasters this preseason. If we're going to have a chance at a season we need that line to be playing like it was against San fransico's third stringers. None of our quarterbacks are doing anything under those offensive lines and They aren't the only ones to blame. All though I do think they'll get their stuff together that's just what i noticed this preseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: