Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Those are the 3 that need IMMEDIATE upgrades. OC would be right behind those 3.

Unknowns at RT, DE and #2 CB (though I do like Slay) could shake that list up but our OLBs are absolute trash (no, I dont care about the 2 plays Levy made so far) and we do not currently have a #2 WR that can do anything. Burleson is way past his prime and Broyles is a fit for slot but not outside. Edwards could possibly surprise me but its a long shot.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Unknowns at RT, DE and #2 CB (though I do like Slay) could shake that list up but our OLBs are absolute trash (no, I dont care about the 2 plays Levy made so far) and we do not currently have a #2 WR that can do anything. Burleson is way past his prime and Broyles is a fit for slot but not outside. Edwards could possibly surprise me but its a long shot.

Concur.

The #2 WR thing is the glaring #1 for sure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Concur.

The #2 WR thing is the glaring #1 for sure

I see those needs as pretty well even. IMO all three of those need to be replaced and I personally dont feel as any of them are stronger then the next. The only reason I listed wr below olb is I think theres an outside chance that Edwards does well. For OLB I see nobody on the roster that should be starting there and could possibly do well.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

I really don't see how Levy is any worse a player than Hilliard or Fox are at RT.

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

I really don't see how Levy is any worse a player than Hilliard or Fox are at RT.

Fox has held up ok so far. Hes more of an unknown at this point than anything. Hes certainoy faired far begter than Levy.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Fox has held up ok so far. Hes more of an unknown at this point than anything. Hes certainoy faired far begter than Levy.

Out of curiosity, based on what? What's the sample size here for Fox?

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Very very limited, as clearly stated previously, hes more of an unknown at this point. however, based on time this year Fox has definitely looked better than Levy. Levy has looked good on less than a handfuk of plays and absolutely horrid on most others.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Very very limited, as clearly stated previously, hes more of an unknown at this point. however, based on time this year Fox has definitely looked better than Levy. Levy has looked good on less than a handfuk of plays and absolutely horrid on most others.

Yep. I was hoping to clarify that it was being based on the preseason. In that case, I completely disagree.

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
OLBs (BOTH)
#2 WR.

Yep. I was hoping to clarify that it was being based on the preseason. In that case, I completely disagree.

Be that as it may, its the only current basis to compare the two at the moment. Preseason is preseason, sure, but blocking is blocking and tackling is still tackling. Fox has shown that he is capable of blocking, it still could go either way as In its more of an unknown at this point (which would mark the third time of me stating this, fyi) Levy however has actually looked worse than he has in the past and has shown that he Is still very incapable of maintaining consistency with being able to take a player down. That, no matter how you slice it, is a worse thing at this moment than a RT who we have no idea what he'll turn out to be (but has looked adept at doing his job).

So, you're disagreeing? In other words, if we were to replace Fox or Levy right now. Youd think it would be a better idea to replace Fox?

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
Be that as it may, its the only current basis to compare the two at the moment. Preseason is preseason, sure, but blocking is blocking and tackling is still tackling. Fox has shown that he is capable of blocking, it still could go either way as In its more of an unknown at this point (which would mark the third time of me stating this, fyi) Levy however has actually looked worse than he has in the past and has shown that he Is still very incapable of maintaining consistency with being able to take a player down. That, no matter how you slice it, is a worse thing at this moment than a RT who we have no idea what he'll turn out to be (but has looked adept at doing his job).

So, you're disagreeing? In other words, if we were to replace Fox or Levy right now. Youd think it would be a better idea to replace Fox?

To the underlined question: hell yes.

To the rest: yes, blocking is blocking and tackling is tackling, but the quality of the opponent must be considered. I have seen quality play from Levy, during the regular season, through his career, but I have never watched Fox take a meaningful snap. So, when comparing the two, I have far more trust in Levy, and would absolutely replace Fox first.

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:

To the rest: yes, blocking is blocking and tackling is tackling, but the quality of the opponent must be considered. I have seen very limited quality play from Levy, during the regular season, through his career, but I have never watched Fox take a meaningful snap. So, when comparing the two, I have far more trust in Levy, and would absolutely replace Fox first.

Fify. Levy is horrible under MOST circumstances. The quality play youve seen is about as much time as we've watched Fox start. Quality of oponent? Fox played on the first team and went against every LE this preseason. Have they all been world beaters? No but at the very least solid players.

Levy on the other hand has shown a very consistent malfunction in regards to tackling his opponent. Hes also shown to be wildly inconsistent in pass coverage not only this preseason but throughout his career.

Fox has shown hes at least capable thus far. Levy has shown hes still as bad as hes ever been and possibly even worse. You are simply crazy for wanting a player like Levy or Fox.

For the amount thats "known" about Levy, there are far more points in the negative than the positive.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:

To the rest: yes, blocking is blocking and tackling is tackling, but the quality of the opponent must be considered. I have seen very limited quality play from Levy, during the regular season, through his career, but I have never watched Fox take a meaningful snap. So, when comparing the two, I have far more trust in Levy, and would absolutely replace Fox first.

Fify. Levy is horrible under MOST circumstances. The quality play youve seen is about as much time as we've watched Fox start. Quality of oponent? Fox played on the first team and went against every LE this preseason. Have they all been world beaters? No but at the very least solid players.

Levy on the other hand has shown a very consistent malfunction in regards to tackling his opponent. Hes also shown to be wildly inconsistent in pass coverage not only this preseason but throughout his career.

Fox has shown hes at least capable thus far. Levy has shown hes still as bad as hes ever been and possibly even worse. You are simply crazy for wanting a player like Levy or Fox.

For the amount thats "known" about Levy, there are far more points in the negative than the positive.

I strongly disagree. Despite the positional changes made throughout his career, Levy has absolutely performed well at times. Fox hasn't played a full game in this league.

There is absolutely no comparison to me here.

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:

I strongly disagree. Despite the positional changes made throughout his career, Levy has absolutely performed well at times. Fox hasn't played a full game in this league.

There is absolutely no comparison to me here.

You're absolutely right. There is no comparison, because Levy performed well; at times. Very limited times and has shown to be consistently bad more than good. Adding in positional changes and all, Levy sucks.

Fox has played in very limited snaps, sure, but he hasnt played poorly. It makes absolutelyno sense to keep a player thats bad and replace someone that youre uncertain of where he can go.

Youve got two eggs. One of them is boiled, one of them not. The boiled egg smells fine, the raw egg smells rotten. Youre choosing to cook the spoiled egg and eat it over taking youre chance with the boiled egg. Hope it works out well for ya.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:
You're absolutely right. There is no comparison, because Levy performed well; at times. Very limited times and has shown to be consistently bad more than good. Adding in positional changes and all, Levy sucks.

Fox has played in very limited snaps, sure, but he hasnt played poorly. It makes absolutelyno sense to keep a player thats bad and replace someone that youre uncertain of where he can go.

Youve got two eggs. One of them is boiled, one of them not. The boiled egg smells fine, the raw egg smells rotten. Youre choosing to cook the spoiled egg and eat it over taking youre chance with the boiled egg. Hope it works out well for ya.

If that analogy fit accurately, I'd agree with it. It doesn't, though, and I think your criticism of Levy is excessive. Which is fine. I guess we'll see exactly how well Fox performs in an actual game of relevance (you know, if he actually beats out Hilliard).

Team Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:

If that analogy fit accurately, I'd agree with it. It doesn't, though, and I think your criticism of Levy is excessive. Which is fine. I guess we'll see exactly how well Fox performs in an actual game of relevance (you know, if he actually beats out Hilliard).

And I think the amount of quality play from him is exaggerated by excessively as well if yoy think hes anywhere near a good player, let alone average. Ive already stated he has shoown quality play at times but thise times were very rare and never consistent nor maintained. He has played that way for his entire career now. Hes a bad egg.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: