Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs Based on Preseason performance & Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
nic_diggler wrote:
I don't think DE would be a top 3 need, considering we address the position with a top pick, and FA. Unproven yeah, but by watching preseason, our front seven will fun to watch this year. Having Suh and Fairley definitely soften the loss we had at DE. But lets not kid ourselves here, we lost Vandenbosch and Avril. Whats up with Avril. I checked the depth chart and he was 2nd string. Im thinking he got his money and has some hamstring cramps till the season starts.

Cause Avril doesn't want to be there...and KVB was garbage. LJ wasn;t really any good. We didn't really lose anything at DE. I bet Avril wouldn't start here now.

Avril would EASILY start over Ansah or Jones to begin year if he was good to go

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
nic_diggler wrote:
I don't think DE would be a top 3 need, considering we address the position with a top pick, and FA. Unproven yeah, but by watching preseason, our front seven will fun to watch this year. Having Suh and Fairley definitely soften the loss we had at DE. But lets not kid ourselves here, we lost Vandenbosch and Avril. Whats up with Avril. I checked the depth chart and he was 2nd string. Im thinking he got his money and has some hamstring cramps till the season starts.

Cause Avril doesn't want to be there...and KVB was garbage. LJ wasn;t really any good. We didn't really lose anything at DE. I bet Avril wouldn't start here now.

He would for sure but honestly, I would rather have Jones and Anzah start over him cause I always felt that he was just a product of Suh and Fairly and benefited allot from playing next to them. He was also trash against the run. Jones is a very solid run defender and Anzah looks like he could have a DRY type season if he can stay healthy.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion: HC Jim Caldwell Record 5-2
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMantobeat wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
nic_diggler wrote:

He would for sure but honestly, I would rather have Jones and Anzah start over him cause I always felt that he was just a product of Suh and Fairly and benefited allot from playing next to them. He was also trash against the run. Jones is a very solid run defender and Anzah looks like he could have a DRY type season if he can stay healthy.

I like Jason Jones and upside of Ansah. Just not counting eggs before they hatch

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
I like Jason Jones and upside of Ansah. Just not counting eggs before they hatch

You like Jason Jones and Ansah's upside, but still view the position as a greater need than the OLine, which is starting either Hilliard or Fox at RT, and Dylan Gandy at RG. That's what I don't agree with.

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

You like Jason Jones and Ansah's upside, but still view the position as a greater need than the OLine, which is starting either Hilliard or Fox at RT, and Dylan Gandy at RG. That's what I don't agree with.

Already explained it and not going to again. Ill leave it at 0% of DE are proven. Zero. Done arguing it with u

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Already explained it and not going to again. Ill leave it at 0% of DE are proven. Zero. Done arguing it with u

Fox. Hilliard. Gandy. Warford. Those are the four likely starters at both RG and RT, and each player has proven nothing. Absolutely nothing. James Jones alone has proven more.

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Don't free agents fail to pan out as well? Doesn't that represent risk?

We have a DE group with a lot of upside and potential. I hope we can all agree on that.

Absolutely free agents fail and Lions fans have seen that. However they at least have a pro resume.

Yes, they certainly do have upside and potential.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Fox. Hilliard. Gandy. Warford. Those are the four likely starters at both RG and RT, and each player has proven nothing. Absolutely nothing. James Jones alone has proven more.

Yep cool thanks. OL starters not 0% experienced. Man U keep arguing this. It's my stance. Get over it. Ill take 40% of proven OL over 0% DE.

I'm done

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Yep cool thanks. OL starters not 0% experienced. Man U keep arguing this. It's my stance. Get over it. Ill take 40% of proven OL over 0% DE.

I'm done

Before you leave...

Why are you considering the entire OLine, but ignoring the entire DLine? I'd say that Suh and Fairley are proven, and you already admitted that James Jones isn't an unknown. That means that 20% of the DLine (Ansah) isn't proven, and 40% of the OLine isn't proven.

Shouldn't the OLine concern you more?

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I'm done

Before you leave...

Why are you considering the entire OLine, but ignoring the entire DLine? I'd say that Suh and Fairley are proven, and you already admitted that James Jones isn't an unknown. That means that 20% of the DLine (Ansah) isn't proven, and 40% of the OLine isn't proven.

Shouldn't the OLine concern you more?

Quote:
J. Jones- 31 career starts (less then 2 seasons) In his 28 starts in Ten he had an amazing 6.5 sacks. That is unimpressive for a guy who gets paid to get to QB. I like Jones a lot but right now he is a nobody who has a lot to prove.

And no I do not consider Fairley proven with career 7 starts.

Based on you literally making things up now with the bolded Jones statement and my quote on JOnes...combined with you just running circles and cluttering thread. This is my last response period to subject with you

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 31 career starts, Jones is a nobody? Interesting. Fairley isn't "proven" after his 7 starts? Okay. Then here's a question: how are you sold on the other 60% of the OLine when Reiff has started only SEVEN GAMES in his career as well?

It's fascinating. The only reason I'm "running in circles" is because I'm chasing your "logic".

Team Stylish
Lions017

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. LT - I think that, even if Reiff does alright at LT, we should still draft one. I would rather have the ability to shift one of them over to RT, where I think is a better fit for Reiff anyway.

2. OLB - We need an impact player at LB.

3. WR - We have little of interest behind Megatron. Broyles could be a very good slot player. We need a #2.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
After 31 career starts, Jones is a nobody? Interesting. Fairley isn't "proven" after his 7 starts? Okay. Then here's a question: how are you sold on the other 60% of the OLine when Reiff has started only SEVEN GAMES in his career as well?

It's fascinating. The only reason I'm "running in circles" is because I'm chasing your "logic".

Quote:
Ill take 40% of proven OL over 0% DE
I have said OL 40% proven many times. The one typo in the entire argument you must have looked at.

The end. Done. Seriously stop already.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
So bottom line Detroit best DE is Idonije.

I completely disagree with this way of thinking. Our most proven DE is Idonije, but Ansah hasn't proven to be any better or worse. Just as you can't assume that Ansah is better, you shouldn't assume that he isn't. Right now, our best DE isn't known... but Ansah has the highest upside.

Until he proves he is better he is not

But he's automatically worse, despite not proving anything. See how that doesn't work?

Never said he was not worse. He is automatically not on same level because he has NEVER faced NFL caliber players in meaningful game.

Proven> unproven day 1. Until he proves otherwise

He's automatically worse, although he hasn't proven to be worse, but isn't better because he hasn't proven to be better.

Wow.

So, answer me this detfan: in your opinion, Dylan Gandy is the best RG on the roster right now. How isn't that a huge concern for you heading into the season? Surely you feel that Nick Harris is a better punter than Sam Martin: do you disagree with him entering the season as the only punter on the roster?

I NEVER SAID HE WAS WORSE> I said he is not proven. Get that though your thinking.

I never said OLINE is not a concern. Get that through your thinking.

I said OL is not as big of a concern. 40% of the OLINE is returning for sure. 0% of starting DE. DE has 0% proven starters. That is the issue.

YOU can TL this all you want and twist and turn it. My stance has not swayed.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

I'm done

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: