Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Seahawks 4th overall pick LB Aaron Curry retires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okung ___ Unger ___ Giacomini

Those 2 empty spots are a COMPLETE craps shoot, there is ZERO certainty at the ability to have even just competent play at either position.

This team is a SB contender and that type of uncertainty at any position is unacceptable.

If they actually put Bailey out there as a starting player they have a chance to fill a hole with a guy they already have. But they seem content to go with Sweezy and to me that goes against absolutely everything Carroll has preached since getting here.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our whole point is- We don't consider bringing in warm bodies as addressing the OL. You have to have warm bodies to field a football team. The bodies they've brought in are bad and need improvement- even if they had to take the Tim Ruskell approach of throwing a bunch of sketti at the wall to see if any wet noodles stick. Instead we keep ending up with great CB7s and LB8s and we can't even come up with OG1.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
I think our whole point is- We don't consider bringing in warm bodies as addressing the OL. You have to have warm bodies to field a football team. The bodies they've brought in are bad and need improvement- even if they had to take the Tim Ruskell approach of throwing a bunch of sketti at the wall to see if any wet noodles stick. Instead we keep ending up with great CB7s and LB8s and we can't even come up with OG1.

I remember hearing that the FO had some OL targeted in the 2nd round but as we saw, there was a run-off of OL before the Seahawks pick. Out of the available players, who was really worth drafting in the 2nd round?

I dare say that Kyle Long was on the FO's radar. Alvin Bailey also looks like a promising player.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade that pick for Brandon Albert? There are always options.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

He's demanding elite LT money and he would be a RT on this team.

There are options but I think that overdrafting in the higher rounds for an O-Lineman is not the way to go about it. The team has just been able to hit on late-round cornerbacks, unlike the O-Line.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather reach for a couple of late OL who could help rather than continuing to draft players late who have little to no chance of making the team.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

There are options but I think that overdrafting in the higher rounds for an O-Lineman is not the way to go about it. The team has just been able to hit on late-round cornerbacks, unlike the O-Line.

The point is there is always options to add players, we chose to invest a massive amount of assests and money in a COMPLETELY luxury type player while we have massive holes in the OL.

I don't care if its drafting, trades or free agency DO SOMETHING!!! Don't come back with Sweezy as an incumbent, dont rely on Carp being healthy. Thats how you build depth if Carp is healthy and Sweezy progresses all of a sudden you have depth.

Right now we have nothing but a complete unknown at best and were going to try and win a SB like that. Its unacceptable.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tooki wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

The point is there is always options to add players, we chose to invest a massive amount of assests and money in a COMPLETELY luxury type player while we have massive holes in the OL.

I don't care if its drafting, trades or free agency DO SOMETHING!!! Don't come back with Sweezy as an incumbent, dont rely on Carp being healthy. Thats how you build depth if Carp is healthy and Sweezy progresses all of a sudden you have depth.

Right now we have nothing but a complete unknown at best and were going to try and win a SB like that. Its unacceptable.

I wouldn't say that there are massive holes in the O-Line, but it could definitely do with an upgrade for sure. Alvin Bailey already looks like he has a future on this team and Sweezy is at least a good run blocker. He needs to improve his pass protection but he's at least improving.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
I'd rather reach for a couple of late OL who could help rather than continuing to draft players late who have little to no chance of making the team.
Good luck building talent with that strategy.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't build talent with people that can't make your roster cause its set either.
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both parties here. I think Breno is a fine RT for the time being. He could be improved upon but I'm pretty comfortable with him as our starter. I also think James Carpenter is a better LG than people give him credit for, and that's coming from the person who said his first game against San Franwas the worst performance I've ever seen from a single OLineman. I'm actually very hopeful Carp can turn into a staple of our future OLine.

However, the Sweezy experiment is a joke and completely intolerable for a team clearly ready to win now and clearly has improvements on the bench. He is bar none the worst starter on this team.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it sounds like I am excusing Sweezy as a starter, I'm not. I'm just saying I am ok with him being on the roster.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
If it sounds like I am excusing Sweezy as a starter, I'm not. I'm just saying I am ok with him being on the roster.

He's practice squad material at this point, there may be upside but hes not an NFL player right now. But I could live with him on the roster, but after this pre season I cannot live with him anywhere near a starting job.

I believe Bailey is a better option right now at this very second and I think in an ideal world he could use a year on the sidelines.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the Aaron Curry Retires thread turn into the lets talk about offensive line thread??

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: