Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Seahawks 4th overall pick LB Aaron Curry retires
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Former Seahawks 4th overall pick LB Aaron Curry retires Reply with quote

Quote:
After a lot of prayer. Consulting with God. The best thing for my family and myself is to retire from the @nfl. I enjoyed it #DeliveredDefender

http://tmi.me/176Jzq

Only 27-years old, Curry was recently released from the Giants after playing for the Raiders in 2011.

Curry is one of the bigger draft busts in recent history and recently admitted that the $34 million guaranteed he got following the 2009 draft caused him to lose motivation.

Tom Brady Tribute
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned into JR Sweezy and Tharold Simon. What he could've been....smh.

Kempes

#JDI
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just never seemed to grasp the mental side of the game. Was always guessing on snap counts which lead to his every game habit of taking inopportune offsides penalties. Makes sense that the money got to his motivation, he looked lethargic at times for the 'Hawks. What a waste of talent and potential. I hope he's saved his money and invested wisely. He should be set for life, but if I hear of him blowing all his money and being penniless on the streets, I won't be feeling the least bit sorry for him.

Sheldon Cooper
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when I said that all 3 USC linebackers coming out that year were better than Curry and everyone proceeded to ridicule me?

Or how about when I said it was a bad draft pick and criticized the regime for trading away a solid veteran to create space so they could draft Curry?

Yeah.... just saying.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Remember when I said that all 3 USC linebackers coming out that year were better than Curry and everyone proceeded to ridicule me?

Or how about when I said it was a bad draft pick and criticized the regime for trading away a solid veteran to create space so they could draft Curry?

Yeah.... just saying.
Remember when you said you wanted to keep Aaron Curry over KJ Wright? Wink

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I said I saw no reason to use high picks on LBs when we were committed to a bunch of money at LB because of Curry/Lofa... obviously they rectified that situation... lol
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
No, I said I saw no reason to use high picks on LBs when we were committed to a bunch of money at LB because of Curry/Lofa... obviously they rectified that situation... lol

4th is a high pick?
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

4th is a high pick?

It is when they had the personnel they had and the money invested that they did. Nobody viewed LB as any sort of need at all back then.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
sirensong wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

4th is a high pick?

It is when they had the personnel they had and the money invested that they did. Nobody viewed LB as any sort of need at all back then.

Drafting a LB in the 4th rd is far from using a high pick. If he was they're BPA they take him and they did. Your not exactly committing big money with a 4th rd pick.

To say Wright was a bad pick in the 4th rd, because we had 2 big money LB's makes zero sense to me. You know there's usually 3 on the field right? And Lofa wasnt getting any younger.
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
sirensong wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

4th is a high pick?

Drafting a LB in the 4th rd is far from using a high pick. If he was they're BPA they take him and they did. Your not exactly committing big money with a 4th rd pick.

To say Wright was a bad pick in the 4th rd, because we had 2 big money LB's makes zero sense to me. You know there's usually 3 on the field right? And Lofa wasnt getting any younger.

Do yourself a favor and go back and look at our roster then. We also had Hill, Hawthorne, etc. We didn't need LBs. At all. My point was it was a pick that could have been used more productively. I didn't say 4th round pick money was too much money, at all. Like not once. I said I didn't see why we kept investing in LB when that was already a strength of the team.

And the 3rd LB is only in the field about half the time in today's NFL.

Yet we keep ignoring problems like the OL... we still do. That was my point then and would still be my opinion now after drafting Michael when we don't have quality starters or depth at several OL spots.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
sirensong wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
sirensong wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

4th is a high pick?

Do yourself a favor and go back and look at our roster then. We also had Hill, Hawthorne, etc. We didn't need LBs. At all. My point was it was a pick that could have been used more productively. I didn't say 4th round pick money was too much money, at all. Like not once. I said I didn't see why we kept investing in LB when that was already a strength of the team.

And the 3rd LB is only in the field about half the time in today's NFL.

Yet we keep ignoring problems like the OL... we still do. That was my point then and would still be my opinion now after drafting Michael when we don't have quality starters or depth at several OL spots.
We haven't ignored OL. We're just bad at drafting that position. Two very different things.

Hawthorne was never that good. I never was a fan of his other than the blow up hits and you wont see that I had a different opinion at any point in time. Lofa was able to coach him up enough from the sidelines and in the film room to make him solid while he was here.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are still completely missing what my point was.

And 2 1st rounders doesn't make an OL... should we even get started about my reaction to Carpenter too? Lol.. although many of us didn't like that pick. I was basically on an island with Curry.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. I once said (While fairly intoxicated after the draft) that Curry would hopefully be the next LT... lol woops. Derrick Brooks would've been a better hope but nevertheless bad.

/facepalm
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

And 2 1st rounders doesn't make an OL... should we even get started about my reaction to Carpenter too? Lol.. although many of us didn't like that pick. I was basically on an island with Curry.
No one was pro-Carpenter on the pick. At best, people supported the position. I still think if he's healthy he'll be a very good LG.

We used a 1st on Okung and Carpenter, a 3rd on Moffitt, and Unger was a lock at C (and a 2nd at that). On top of that, we've constantly been signing guys and having them rotate through.

I don't see how anyone could claim we haven't at least attempted to address OL.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:

No one was pro-Carpenter on the pick. At best, people supported the position. I still think if he's healthy he'll be a very good LG.

We used a 1st on Okung and Carpenter, a 3rd on Moffitt, and Unger was a lock at C (and a 2nd at that). On top of that, we've constantly been signing guys and having them rotate through.

I don't see how anyone could claim we haven't at least attempted to address OL.

Unger was here before this regime, so I can't really count him in this conversation.

We have drafted more WR than OL. That should be enough for you to worry about. The Rick Neuheisel approach doesn't work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: