Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 3 Team Needs or Weaknesses Based on performance & ro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Top 3 Team Needs or Weaknesses Based on performance & ro Reply with quote

What do you see as the 3 biggest weaknesses or needs for this years team?

...you have a forum resume?
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now -

1) Tight End
2) Offensive Line
3) Quality Depth At Linebacker

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 15, Tackles 20 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 15 : Death 45 Joe 45
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tight End/RZ threat
Guard
SLB
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE - With the loss of Keller this unit is filer with rookies, Underachievers, and guy playing out of position.

G/OL depth - The RG position is going to be an issue all season and there is almost no one trust worthy to start if someone get hurt.

LB Depth - The Starters all seems solid of better, the issue is if someone goes down as no one is a capable starter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much the same as everyone elses

#1 - TE is undoubty the weakest position on the roster with the keller injury. We have some young players to fill in, but im not sure they will have any impact.

#2 - OL. Besides pouncy I'm not sure how much i trust this unit. They certainly arent the worst in the league, but I'd really like to see most of them replaced in the next few years.

#3 - CB. We brought in a nice vet in Grimes and have a couple rookies who look promising, but Im not too confident in Carrol or Patterson. I think the success of this unit is totally dependent on our upgraded pass rush. If our pass rush is consistent all year long i think it will make our secondary look alot better than it really is.

RB is a wild card too, but its gonna be hard to tell how bad they are if our OL stinks it up

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB

TE

O-line depth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
QB

TE

O-line depth

QB as top weakness....I can understand question as Tannehill is unproven, but weakness?

his stat line from pre-season which is maybe two series over a full game of work...

34-56 (60.7%), 399 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's. His QB rating is 100.2.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
QB

TE

O-line depth

QB as top weakness....I can understand question as Tannehill is unproven, but weakness?

his stat line from pre-season which is maybe two series over a full game of work...

until we have a top 10 QB on this team it will be a weakness based entirely on the value of the position. We won't be in the playoffs every year until we have a top 10 NFL QB and until Tanny proves he is that, which may be possible, we have to consider it a weakness of the team, because this team isn't going anywhere with a mediocre QB for the long term. If Tanny turns into a top 15 QB this year, then I wait him out and maybe draft a QB in the middle rounds. If he doesn't even break top 15, then I'm taking a first round QB if a good one is there and letting him compete with Tanny next year.

I see his stat line, but although he has improved each week, I'm not seeing a top 15 QB YET. Let's see how the season progresses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
QB

TE

O-line depth

until we have a top 10 QB on this team it will be a weakness based entirely on the value of the position. We won't be in the playoffs every year until we have a top 10 NFL QB and until Tanny proves he is that, which may be possible, we have to consider it a weakness of the team, because this team isn't going anywhere with a mediocre QB for the long term. If Tanny turns into a top 15 QB this year, then I wait him out and maybe draft a QB in the middle rounds. If he doesn't even break top 15, then I'm taking a first round QB if a good one is there and letting him compete with Tanny next year.

I see his stat line, but although he has improved each week, I'm not seeing a top 15 QB YET. Let's see how the season progresses.

Omar?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OG

TE

CB

I'm still undecided on Tannehill but I see QB as being a borderline top 3 need until he can demonstrate the desired traits from week to week.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without reading others' input, my top 3 concerns this season:

1. RG (again..)
2. Starting TE (we have good depth)
3. OL depth (especially at OT)

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
QB

TE

O-line depth

Omar?

Omar got that from me! I've been telling him that since back when we had Henne. He is funny though, cause he totally agrees with me about how important a QB is, yet he talks all the time about taking your eyes off the ball.

I will say this. If Peyton Manning had gone to Miami instead of Denver, then this team would be talked about as super bowl contenders every year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
QB

TE

O-line depth

Omar?

Omar got that from me! I've been telling him that since back when we had Henne. He is funny though, cause he totally agrees with me about how important a QB is, yet he talks all the time about taking your eyes off the ball.

I will say this. If Peyton Manning had gone to Miami instead of Denver, then this team would be talked about as super bowl contenders every year.

Where I agree that QB is still a weakness I don't think its top 3. Now if tannehill showed no sign of improvement the I would agree.

Top3 IMO

RB: we have no complete back and with Miller not blowing us out of the water to win the job it becomes a ?

OL: mainly depth. I think we have guys that will get us through but if they go down who's next?

TE: We have no one who can dominate or put a threat in the middle of the field

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OL: LT and RG are the two that stand out to me. Everyone has been all hot and bothered about Martin, and I think he has improved from what I've seen, but he had exactly one game against NFL starters in preseason when we played Tampa and he had his worst performance by far. RG has become even more pressing of a problem than LT, but hopefully a healthy Jerry can make a difference there. In all, this unit will go a long way in determining the success or failure of our team.

RB: I don't care what anyone says, Reggie Bush should have been retained. I like Miller a lot, but Thomas and the rest of the bunch are garbage and in todays game you need more than 1 RB, unless you have AP.

TE: Clearly a problem for us with the loss of Keller.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not taking the time to read others my biggest concerns are.

OL

TE

QB

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: