Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Lavonte David become the 2nd best 43 OLB in the league?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke1592

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Will Lavonte David become the 2nd best 43 OLB in the league? Reply with quote

He had a very very good rookie season and was rated as the 3rd best 4-3 OLB of 2012 by Pro Football Focus and he should only get better.

After this season do you think he will become the 2nd best OLB behind Von Miller in the league after this season and get some national recognition?
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is one of the top tacklers in the league, his speed is insane, and his recognition is top notch. He is an absolute monster.

That being said, unless he keeps getting suspended, Miller will always have the sacks, and therefore always be considered the best 4-3 OLB in the league. I'm happy with David at #2 though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. Always been a fan of David, and everyone pretty much thought if he was bigger he would've been drafted where he should have been; first round. He does everything well. Great blitzer, good range in coverage, and an excellent tackler. Needs to get more splash plays and he will be recognized truly as an elite OLB. He didn't grade well in coverage last year btw he will develop into a pro-bowler for many years to come.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
He is one of the top tacklers in the league, his speed is insane, and his recognition is top notch. He is an absolute monster.

That being said, unless he keeps getting suspended, Miller will always have the sacks, and therefore always be considered the best 4-3 OLB in the league. I'm happy with David at #2 though.

With that being said Miller being suspended for 6 games this year should be a big boost for David to shine!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to piggy back off what was said above, Lavonte David just has elite instincts. His read and react are top notch. Very smart player and for a guy his size at 235, he just fires through gaps extremely quick.

Like said above, he could use some imrpovement in coverage, but I don't see that as a problem. He was good in college in that department. Just needs some help from the front 4.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he ever figures out how to cover the TE and/or RB, sure.

I'm still glad he's ours. He has the potential to be our next Derrick Brooks. I got a chill typing that. 'Twould be awesome if he played to his potential.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: