Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CJ Spiller leaves team indefinitely
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I think this should be more about keeping his current family safe.

I doubt it's about mourning his Grandfather.

At least I wouldn't mourn as much if I find out my Grandpa went on a killing spree. You'd have to look at him with a much lower degree of respect.

Not sure what the exact issues were but did he have some mental illness? Something that would make him do something like this?

Depending on the situation it may be such a tragedy on all sides. I don't know if I would look at this person with less respect say if they were dealing with a mental illness.

A lot of factors to look at. Sad nonetheless.

Allen seems to have been a huge part of Spillers life though.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

At least I wouldn't mourn as much if I find out my Grandpa went on a killing spree. You'd have to look at him with a much lower degree of respect.

Not sure what the exact issues were but did he have some mental illness? Something that would make him do something like this?

Depending on the situation it may be such a tragedy on all sides. I don't know if I would look at this person with less respect say if they were dealing with a mental illness.

If there was an illness, then I would definitely agree.

All we know at this point is that he did it. So that's what i'm going off of.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

If there was an illness, then I would definitely agree.

All we know at this point is that he did it. So that's what i'm going off of.

I don't disagree with you. Just wondering about all the facts. Allen seems to have been a generous and happy man who helped raise an outstanding individual in Spiller.
Keleth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of agree with DTMB here.
He should take as long as he likes and can afford,however he is in a position unlike millions of us where he can take as long as he likes.
3 years ago when my mum died I got the day off when she died and 1 day for the funeral.I had to take 3 unpaid days off (which I couldn't afford) to make all the arrangements etc.
So yes if you can afford it and are able to then take off as much time as you can,however don't expect everyone to agree with it as millions do not have that luxury.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
He should take as long as he likes and can afford,however he is in a position unlike millions of us where he can take as long as he likes.
3 years ago when my mum died I got the day off when she died and 1 day for the funeral.I had to take 3 unpaid days off (which I couldn't afford) to make all the arrangements etc.
So yes if you can afford it and are able to then take off as much time as you can,however don't expect everyone to agree with it as millions do not have that luxury.

That luxury is not the fault of Spiller or the NFL though. If you're angry or frustrated about that it should be directed at the people that control that aspect of your livelihood and not an athlete.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised how much speculation is still going on about this. Has there been any update since this message yesterday?

Quote:
Marrone: @CJSPILLER will return to the #Bills on Sunday. He's been excused for personal reasons.
— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) August 27, 2013
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMB just wants him back for the opener against his HATED Patriots....that's all this is Laughing

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah...this is pretty bad. I feel bad for their entire family.

R.I.P. Stylish
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Keleth wrote:

That luxury is not the fault of Spiller or the NFL though. If you're angry or frustrated about that it should be directed at the people that control that aspect of your livelihood and not an athlete.

would be interesting to know your reaction to the 99 verus 1%-ers, cause that's sure a must-be-your-fault-your-not-a-millionaire comment...

no, its not their (Spiller's or the NFL's) fault. its a catch-22 PR nightmare that neither the Bills nor Spiller want to deal with. at the end of the day its a non-issue since he'll be back before the end of the weekend.

PACK4LIFE has it right that the vagaries around the "take all the time he needs" has been incendiary to the logic of the conversation. but honestly, at the same time, for those who are so bleeding heart (eagles101, looking at you) i wonder if they've had the misfortune of losing a close family member while actually working a real job before calling us "jokes of human beings" for hoping/expecting a modicum of equality between us and the elite (athletes)...
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Malik wrote:
Keleth wrote:

would be interesting to know your reaction to the 99 verus 1%-ers, cause that's sure a must-be-your-fault-your-not-a-millionaire comment...

no, its not their (Spiller's or the NFL's) fault. its a catch-22 PR nightmare that neither the Bills nor Spiller want to deal with. at the end of the day its a non-issue since he'll be back before the end of the weekend.

PACK4LIFE has it right that the vagaries around the "take all the time he needs" has been incendiary to the logic of the conversation. but honestly, at the same time, for those who are so bleeding heart (eagles101, looking at you) i wonder if they've had the misfortune of losing a close family member while actually working a real job before calling us "jokes of human beings" for hoping/expecting a modicum of equality between us and the elite (athletes)...

Sometimes life isn't fair.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So hes taking time off to deal with a family matter in a way that causes no issue with him or his bosses and suddenly a bunch of people are here making stupid comments?

He has no obligation to any of you. What do you do, watch a game thats broadcasted for free on Sunday and suddenly he needs to 'suck it up.'

So some of you couldnt get much time off for your family issues. Its unfortunate but you dont get that luxury. But lets face it you didnt make it into the lexicon of elite professions, you dont get the perks. The man earned the right to take off as much time as he does/will because he strived for job and achieved it.

Quote:
for hoping/expecting a modicum of equality between us and the elite

You want equality? Sounds like you just want to be given the same things as someone who can do/achieved more than you. Youre given equality in human rights. Paid leave is not a right.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Malik wrote:
Keleth wrote:

I'm far further left than I'd imagine most people on these boards. That's neither here nor there though. Regular people SHOULD be able to take off as much time as the financially privileged. You have to actually actively work towards building that type of society though. Being mad at CJ Spiller or the NFL in general isn't going to accomplish that goal. It's completely misdirected anger and energy.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts and prayers are with CJ, his family and the families of the victims, such a shame something so tragic had to happen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Malik wrote:
Keleth wrote:

Solo everyone should be equal....but not that we should all get as high rights but that rich peoples benefits should be stripped because a burgee king worker can't take time off? That makes no sense. But I like how I'm a bleeding heart when you cry foul because someone has earned the ability to quit his job if he wants but other people can't.

The joke of a human being wasn't directly towards the extreme lack of empathy towards spiller but his his response to mine combined with lack of empathy.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
BillSabre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a prime example of how bad it can get on FF at times. Arguing just to argue. "Take all the time he needs" has started a backlash? It's something you say in the situation. You take care of your affairs and get back to work. Adults know how to handle themselves. What exactly is the huge argument?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: