Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers RB DuJuan Harris is out for the season; Goes on I.R.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
[removed]

McThreadski was a previously banned member. He's been banned again.

Everyone, please get back to football.
LewisPhillips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Harris, and I do, I think this injury actually benefits us. It let Lacy get the bulk of the carries. I still don't think McCarthy will commit enough to the run to get two backs enough carries to get into a rhythm in a game.

Lacy is the future so I see no problem with putting him in now and letting him run through the season.

The worst thing that COULD happen now is McCarthy insisting we have a 1-2 punch and not allowing Lacy to get rhythm and also giving handoffs to guys that aren't going to get positive yardage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
It doesn't sound like an ACL though? Maybe he goes on the mid-season IR?
Patellar tendon

Dang. I knew it, I could tell right away what had happened.

The good news is that he might be able to come back if he didn't f-up his kneecap when the pressure built up to let the tendon snap.
You mean next year? Might be able to even if he did. Remember, you have to make the 53 to be designated for return.

I dunno. It doesn't sound like he totally tore his patellar tendon. If his injury was anything like my multiple go-arounds with that area of injury, I doubt he could stand on it if he shattered his kneecap or totally blew the tendon. It's probably a partial tear, which could be fixed with surgery and played on within a year.

Not sure if the Pack will wait around to find out, but it might be worth it. He is a nice player and when you have a guy like Lacy, having that COP works really well.
He did say he felt fine that night.

I am guessing that his kneecap slid off to the side of the knee. Sometimes it will just pop back over, but when you have really strong legs, sometimes the tendon gets too much pressure and it tears when the cap slides, not always though. To rehab it, they typically focus on building up the inner muscles that make up the quad. The truth is though, some people are just more prone to that injury and they make really nice neoprene braces that pretty much make it impossible for the kneecap to slide, unless it's at certain angles with the right amount of force being applied to the inside of the joint. It truly is the definition of a "trick knee".

I blew mine once in a freak breakdancing accident that left me hopping on one leg for three weeks in rural Central America without much more than rum and Anacin to ease the pain. Good times. Laughing

I love it.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewisPhillips wrote:
As much as I like Harris, and I do, I think this injury actually benefits us. It let Lacy get the bulk of the carries. I still don't think McCarthy will commit enough to the run to get two backs enough carries to get into a rhythm in a game.

Lacy is the future so I see no problem with putting him in now and letting him run through the season.

The worst thing that COULD happen now is McCarthy insisting we have a 1-2 punch and not allowing Lacy to get rhythm and also giving handoffs to guys that aren't going to get positive yardage.

Agreed. Absolutely no reason Lacy shouldn't get the bulk of the carries at this point, only situations should be is if he's tired or if they're in a third and long situation. The good news is that this helps Starks case of sticking on the 53 man roster.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
LewisPhillips wrote:

Agreed. Absolutely no reason Lacy shouldn't get the bulk of the carries at this point, only situations should be is if he's tired or if they're in a third and long situation. The good news is that this helps Starks case of sticking on the 53 man roster.

before this it was Green and Starks fighting for a roster spot. Now they are probably both locks for the roster. Im fine with Lacy, Franklin, Green, Starks though. thats reasonable depth
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but to me this is kind of a blessing in disguise. We saw flashes of running ability but overall a very small sample size and a RB who was very shaky in all other aspects of his game. He didn't practice all offseason or TC until the week before the Seahawks game, yet McCarthy was still calling him the starter and probably planning to devote a decent amount of touches to him. We are better off with guys who have a more rounded game and are available.

As far as RBs on the roster? I'd keep Lacy, Franklin, and Green only. I don't see the value in keeping Starks at all. There is no reason to expect he can stay healthy for any consistent stretch and he still hasn't shown any improvement in his blocking or catching.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
As far as RBs on the roster? I'd keep Lacy, Franklin, and Green only. I don't see the value in keeping Starks at all. There is no reason to expect he can stay healthy for any consistent stretch and he still hasn't shown any improvement in his blocking or catching.

The only reason I'd hang onto Starks is the fact Franklin has been underwhelming and Starks has a clear lean on Green in running the ball. I'm 50/50 right now, not quite sure what the Packers should do.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep all 4 backs too if only because they can get worn down/hurt at any time. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
As far as RBs on the roster? I'd keep Lacy, Franklin, and Green only. I don't see the value in keeping Starks at all.
So then when Lacy needs a breather or is banged up, then you would be perfectly content with passing the ball almost every play. We know Green has terrible vision, he can maybe run some draws and out of the shot gun but he can not run as a single back with Rodgers under center. And so far Franklin has shown nothing. Starks and Lacy are the best/only natural runners of the group. I see a lot of value in keeping Starks.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
The good news is that this helps Starks case of sticking on the 53 man roster.

> Good news.
> Starks sticking on final roster.

Pick one.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
As far as RBs on the roster? I'd keep Lacy, Franklin, and Green only. I don't see the value in keeping Starks at all.
So then when Lacy needs a breather or is banged up, then you would be perfectly content with passing the ball almost every play. We know Green has terrible vision, he can maybe run some draws and out of the shot gun but he can not run as a single back with Rodgers under center. And so far Franklin has shown nothing. Starks and Lacy are the best/only natural runners of the group. I see a lot of value in keeping Starks.

This. If Lacy goes down and you have no Starks, the Pack has nothing for RBs again.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

I see no value in keeping a guy who has managed to be available for 22 out of 48 games in his 3 seasons. Lacy can get a breather while running some spread sets with Green, and quite frankly, won't be getting enough carries to really need that anyway. If he gets banged up and is going to miss any time, I have absolutely zero faith in Starks ability to stay a healthy backup option.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

I see no value in keeping a guy who has managed to be available for 22 out of 48 games in his 3 seasons. Lacy can get a breather while running some spread sets with Green, and quite frankly, won't be getting enough carries to really need that anyway. If he gets banged up and is going to miss any time, I have absolutely zero faith in Starks ability to stay a healthy backup option.

Do you really think anyone really cares how much faith someone does or does not have in something like that versus what they can offer and have proved to offer prior in their career. At some point you need to understand he is not costing you anything to keep on the roster and your only other option is to start trolling the waiver wire during the season or another PS for someone that does not know the offense and is not costing you much less anyway.
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
The good news is that this helps Starks case of sticking on the 53 man roster.

> Good news.
> Starks sticking on final roster.

Pick one.

You could use both phrases in the same sentence if you joined the points with something like, "Good news: Kuhn was released, with Starks sticking on the final roster."

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
spilltray wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Do you really think anyone really cares how much faith someone does or does not have in something like that versus what they can offer and have proved to offer prior in their career. At some point you need to understand he is not costing you anything to keep on the roster and your only other option is to start trolling the waiver wire during the season or another PS for someone that does not know the offense and is not costing you much less anyway.

He's costing a roster spot. Yes I think if a guy can't stay healthy it effects their value. That's one of the things he's proven. He can't stay on the field. Dujuan Harris was one of those "trolling the waiver wire" pickups. RBs can be replaced easier than any other position and it doesn't make sense to me to carry a 4th who hasn't been able to stay on the field at any point in his NFL career, or even his college one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: