Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers RB DuJuan Harris is out for the season; Goes on I.R.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McThreadski


Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Location: On the Gold
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
It doesn't sound like an ACL though? Maybe he goes on the mid-season IR?
Patellar tendon


Dang. I knew it, I could tell right away what had happened.

The good news is that he might be able to come back if he didn't f-up his kneecap when the pressure built up to let the tendon snap.
You mean next year? Might be able to even if he did. Remember, you have to make the 53 to be designated for return.


I dunno. It doesn't sound like he totally tore his patellar tendon. If his injury was anything like my multiple go-arounds with that area of injury, I doubt he could stand on it if he shattered his kneecap or totally blew the tendon. It's probably a partial tear, which could be fixed with surgery and played on within a year.


Not sure if the Pack will wait around to find out, but it might be worth it. He is a nice player and when you have a guy like Lacy, having that COP works really well.
He did say he felt fine that night.


I am guessing that his kneecap slid off to the side of the knee. Sometimes it will just pop back over, but when you have really strong legs, sometimes the tendon gets too much pressure and it tears when the cap slides, not always though. To rehab it, they typically focus on building up the inner muscles that make up the quad. The truth is though, some people are just more prone to that injury and they make really nice neoprene braces that pretty much make it impossible for the kneecap to slide, unless it's at certain angles with the right amount of force being applied to the inside of the joint. It truly is the definition of a "trick knee".

I blew mine once in a freak breakdancing accident that left me hopping on one leg for three weeks in rural Central America without much more than rum and Anacin to ease the pain. Good times. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9396
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wins this topic. Shut it down.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 2428
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so confused by what is going on here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 2254
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any accurate info on Harris's injury???

A patellar dislocation is not really a IR type injury. Unless there was some sort of structural damage, it is a rehab-able type thing that could have him back in 6-10 weeks. My guess if this is what it was, they did not want to use the IR return option on Harris. PUP was not an option as he had practiced already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3730
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
McThreadski wins this topic. Shut it down.
Back to TIIT!!!
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3730
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Does anyone have any accurate info on Harris's injury???

A patellar dislocation is not really a IR type injury. Unless there was some sort of structural damage, it is a rehab-able type thing that could have him back in 6-10 weeks. My guess if this is what it was, they did not want to use the IR return option on Harris. PUP was not an option as he had practiced already.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9605434/dujuan-harris-green-bay-packers-going-injured-reserve-knee-injury
Quote:
Harris said the injury, which first occurred during offseason workouts, is to his patellar tendon.
From the butcher's mouth
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 2254
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Does anyone have any accurate info on Harris's injury???

A patellar dislocation is not really a IR type injury. Unless there was some sort of structural damage, it is a rehab-able type thing that could have him back in 6-10 weeks. My guess if this is what it was, they did not want to use the IR return option on Harris. PUP was not an option as he had practiced already.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9605434/dujuan-harris-green-bay-packers-going-injured-reserve-knee-injury
Quote:
Harris said the injury, which first occurred during offseason workouts, is to his patellar tendon.
From the butcher's mouth


Yea, I read that earlier today and it really does not give much information. Patellar tendinitis/partial tear/full thickness tear?? My guess is it is some partial tear type issue. The reference to it "popping" is it tearing further.

Rehabbed for 12 weeks, re-injured and that means that it likely cannot be counted on for at full season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3730
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Does anyone have any accurate info on Harris's injury???

A patellar dislocation is not really a IR type injury. Unless there was some sort of structural damage, it is a rehab-able type thing that could have him back in 6-10 weeks. My guess if this is what it was, they did not want to use the IR return option on Harris. PUP was not an option as he had practiced already.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9605434/dujuan-harris-green-bay-packers-going-injured-reserve-knee-injury
Quote:
Harris said the injury, which first occurred during offseason workouts, is to his patellar tendon.
From the butcher's mouth


Yea, I read that earlier today and it really does not give much information. Patellar tendinitis/partial tear/full thickness tear?? My guess is it is some partial tear type issue. The reference to it "popping" is it tearing further.

Rehabbed for 12 weeks, re-injured and that means that it likely cannot be counted on for at full season.
That's as much as you'll find outside of our FOHQ. All the other reports I read say about the exact same thing
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dijatool


Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Posts: 363
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
It sounds like McCarthy had built a big part of his offense this year around Harris's skill set. He seemed far more devastated about this loss than he has about others in the past, including far better, more proven players. This is another big preseason loss.
Finally saw the press conference. McCarthy sounded crestfallen and angry at the same time.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 35289
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
Dang. I knew it, I could tell right away what had happened.

The good news is that he might be able to come back if he didn't [MOD EDIT] his kneecap when the pressure built up to let the tendon snap.


Here's a warning for circumventing the swear filter. You've been around long enough you're not supposed to be trying to avoid the swear filter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
McThreadski


Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Location: On the Gold
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
Dang. I knew it, I could tell right away what had happened.

The good news is that he might be able to come back if he didn't [MOD EDIT] his kneecap when the pressure built up to let the tendon snap.


Here's a warning for circumventing the swear filter. You've been around long enough you're not supposed to be trying to avoid the swear filter.


I am not trying to avoid anything. I thought the letter f was a way to convey a message without resorting to swears.


I have been around as long as you have and I don't want to have to come back as another user, but it's just a letter.


I apologize, but I wasn't trying to stir a pot on that one.

I wasn't fully aware of all the recent rules. I have been here for 6 years. I remember when you showed up.

Sorry...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McThreadski


Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Location: On the Gold
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed]

Last edited by McThreadski on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10392
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temper tantrum much?
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4180
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What...
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1537
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWWW thread guy pulled his tantrum post already.

Nice name dropping by the way.........earned you respect. In before the banhammer comes down.


Cwood, good poster, solid mod!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group