Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Patton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishsticks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him.

I was trying to figure out who he reminded me of. Santana Moss kept coming to mind but that dosnt feel quite right. Patton seems denser. hes like a denser Santana moss. Hes like if T.O. and Santana moss mated and in Santanas womb, baby Patton watched a lot of game film on Crabtree. Yeah, I know we havent seen much of him, but after two catches, I feel comfortable making that assessment.

clarkfn2284 wrote:
It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

BangBang wrote:
Crazy that you mention that. A couple of weeks ago this old black guy was going nuts to that song at the bar I work at.

Who can blame them. that song is catchy. I find myself moving every time the commercial comes on. still not sure what their selling. Hot ladies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishsticks wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him.

I was trying to figure out who he reminded me of. Santana Moss kept coming to mind but that dosnt feel quite right. Patton seems denser. hes like a denser Santana moss. Hes like if T.O. and Santana moss mated and in Santanas womb, baby Patton watched a lot of game film on Crabtree. Yeah, I know we havent seen much of him, but after two catches, I feel comfortable making that assessment.

clarkfn2284 wrote:
It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

BangBang wrote:
Crazy that you mention that. A couple of weeks ago this old black guy was going nuts to that song at the bar I work at.

Who can blame them. that song is catchy. I find myself moving every time the commercial comes on. still not sure what their selling. Hot ladies.

Interesting assessment........ I can kind of follow you...........then I get lost at the thought of Santana Moss and a womb...........As for the great Alan Thicke's son, I have been a huge fan of his stuff for years, but as I stated before my ability to cut the rug and enjoy good music is where I tend to be different from most.

I will stick with my Victor Cruz comparison, but I definitely see the denseness you speak of. Not sure where dude grew up, but he was rocking all gold eveything on them chiclets on the sideline. Caught my eye and I couldnt help, but laugh and love it.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
BangBang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
fishsticks wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:

clarkfn2284 wrote:

BangBang wrote:

Interesting assessment........ I can kind of follow you...........then I get lost at the thought of Santana Moss and a womb...........As for the great Alan Thicke's son, I have been a huge fan of his stuff for years, but as I stated before my ability to cut the rug and enjoy good music is where I tend to be different from most.

I will stick with my Victor Cruz comparison, but I definitely see the denseness you speak of. Not sure where dude grew up, but he was rocking all gold eveything on them chiclets on the sideline. Caught my eye and I couldnt help, but laugh and love it.

He's from Nashville. Some reporter asked Anquan Boldin (I think) about Patton and the first think Boldin did was laugh. Patton's obviously the class-clown/goofball of the group.
Mr.49er52

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Patton will have a similar impact like Torey Smith did his rookie year because,it's gonna take at least 2 or 3 games before Crabs is in sync with Colin.But I can't wait to see that WR core Anquan,Michael,Jon,Quinton,Kyle and and can't forget Mario.The receivers are gonna just [inappropriate/removed] defensive coordinators off then throw in Vernon and Vance.Our chances for a serious run look better and better.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason Patton reminds me of Isaac Btuce

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
but as I stated before my ability to cut the rug and enjoy good music is where I tend to be different from most.

myes, Im sure you're a regular Kevin Federline .

Mr.49er52 wrote:
I can't wait to see that WR core Anquan,Michael,Jon,Quinton,Kyle and and can't forget Mario.The receivers are gonna just [inappropriate/removed] defensive coordinators off then throw in Vernon and Vance.Our chances for a serious run look better and better.

And dont forget Moore has looked pretty darn good as well. This makes me wonder how much we are actually going of see of the young receivers being that this still seems to be a run first team. I dont see how they all make the team. I guess that depends on the three injured guys. And if Patton, Baldwin, and Moore can pass Manningham and Williams on the depth chart. By my count that makes 7 recivers. 7 recivers on a run first team sounds unlikely. even with Crabtrees injury. So who gets cut?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishsticks wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
but as I stated before my ability to cut the rug and enjoy good music is where I tend to be different from most.

myes, Im sure you're a regular Kevin Federline .

Mr.49er52 wrote:
I can't wait to see that WR core Anquan,Michael,Jon,Quinton,Kyle and and can't forget Mario.The receivers are gonna just [inappropriate/removed] defensive coordinators off then throw in Vernon and Vance.Our chances for a serious run look better and better.

And dont forget Moore has looked pretty darn good as well. This makes me wonder how much we are actually going of see of the young receivers being that this still seems to be a run first team. I dont see how they all make the team. I guess that depends on the three injured guys. And if Patton, Baldwin, and Moore can pass Manningham and Williams on the depth chart. By my count that makes 7 recivers. 7 recivers on a run first team sounds unlikely. even with Crabtrees injury. So who gets cut?

haha that out of shape water buffalo!!!!!

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
rjkgr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe he can be a great WR and i know he is going to get run until mario and michael come back
BangBang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far in this thread I've seen this guy compared to Michael Crabtree, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens, Isaac Bruce and Santana Moss...

If I hadn't seen the game I would be so damn confused.
AT49ers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys he's played in one preseason game. He's caught 4 catches. Don't we think it's a little early for this hype? I mean I loved this kid coming out of college but lets just slow down a bit.

--signed
Sir Buzzkillington

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
757-NINER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any comparsion to any of the guys mentioned in this thread so far. I really like Patton but he's more of a #2, possession type of WRs. Watching him in college and studying his some of his game before the draft, he's more of a poor man's Hines Ward or maybe a Joe Horn. Won't be much of a deep threat but gets open in close quarters(can beat press man) and catch a ton of balls in traffic. He'll work the short-intermediate quite well for us Im hoping.
BangBang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liken him Josh Morgan, personally.
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
I don't see any comparsion to any of the guys mentioned in this thread so far. I really like Patton but he's more of a #2, possession type of WRs. Watching him in college and studying his some of his game before the draft, he's more of a poor man's Hines Ward or maybe a Joe Horn. Won't be much of a deep threat but gets open in close quarters(can beat press man) and catch a ton of balls in traffic. He'll work the short-intermediate quite well for us Im hoping.

What would you call Victor Cruz? He isnt really a #1. He is more of a possession receiver than a deep threat. Thats where I drew my comparison

BangBang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, I got it now! How about a combination of Arnaz Battle, Ashley Lelie, Brandon Williams with just a sprinkle of Darrell Jackson?
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
Oooh, I got it now! How about a combination of Arnaz Battle, Ashley Lelie, Brandon Williams with just a sprinkle of Darrell Jackson?

A bust with a bit of talent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: