Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Patton
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr.49er52


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Quinton Patton Reply with quote

How much potential does he have?Because he reminds me of Antonio Brown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6470
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabs in there last night for sure.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Niner_Finer23


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Posts: 2100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabsi last night for sure.
Likewise my friend showed a little bit of Crabtree like ability.Just wish we had a burner on this team to compliment both of them.
_________________

RAY LEWIS 2.0
You dont Kung-Fu,Kung-Fu is a way of life-
Jackie Chan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.49er52


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked a little quicker than crabtree to me but crabtree is also not top tier athletic but he has great hands and can get open.I think that Mr.Patton will show some serious promise this season.And I know it's early but I think patton can become something special.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BangBang


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 870
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"We saw a lot of him catching the ball prior to July 23, then he had the injury and was out for three weeks. But, he wasn't really out, because he was still out there practicing. But, yeah I think he's a good physical player. I don't think that the big stage bothers him, and it doesn't make him nervous. He's a competitor, you notice that. Boy you hate to say too much more about a rookie player. See if he can't just keep getting better."


It's like pulling teeth to get Harbaugh to praise anyone this much, especially a rookie. But you can tell he really likes him.

From what I saw, tough guy with hands and the ability to get YAC in short area situations. Loving it so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sherm


Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 1644
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def a nice start to his career. Hopefully he can get on the field with Kaep and develop some chemistry. Any player that has the coach and QB giving high praise is someone who's on the right track.
_________________
I love me some 49ers, Michigan, and my Lakers.
2009- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan - 64 Tck 26 TFL 10.5 sacks
2010- Sam Acho, DE, Texas - 59 tck, 17 TFL, 9 sacks, 5 FF, 5 FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldman9er


Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 39371
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabs in there last night for sure.


Very nice. I agree with all of this and it was worded quite well.
_________________

___
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4207
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me some Patton, I think he'll be here along time making plays for us.
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jyod21


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1450
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://49ersnews.com/2013/08/time-to-get-excited-about-quinton-patton/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.49er52


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishsticks


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 316
Location: Im right outside your door. NOW TESTIFY!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.49er52 wrote:
I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Also Patton looks good! very good. cant remember the last time I was this excited about a WR. probably back when the dancing baby was blowing our minds. I think Patton can be special.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 6470
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:
He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabs in there last night for sure.


Very nice. I agree with all of this and it was worded quite well.


Thank you kindly, good sir. Very much appreciated
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3091
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishsticks wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:
I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Also Patton looks good! very good. cant remember the last time I was this excited about a WR. probably back when the dancing baby was blowing our minds. I think Patton can be special.


I for one loved the dance and yes it was very similar to that. It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him. Im trying to temper my view a bit.
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BangBang


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 870
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
fishsticks wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:
I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Also Patton looks good! very good. cant remember the last time I was this excited about a WR. probably back when the dancing baby was blowing our minds. I think Patton can be special.


I for one loved the dance and yes it was very similar to that. It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him. Im trying to temper my view a bit.


Crazy that you mention that. A couple of weeks ago this old black guy was going nuts to that song at the bar I work at. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3091
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
fishsticks wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:
I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Also Patton looks good! very good. cant remember the last time I was this excited about a WR. probably back when the dancing baby was blowing our minds. I think Patton can be special.


I for one loved the dance and yes it was very similar to that. It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him. Im trying to temper my view a bit.


Crazy that you mention that. A couple of weeks ago this old black guy was going nuts to that song at the bar I work at. Laughing


Im telling you man that track just gets into your bones. I remember the first time I heard it. Now mind you I aint no old black dude, but this white boy has been known to cut said rug with the best of them and I damned near wrecked my car driving home because the song took over my bodily functions and controls. I loved Pattons dance it was on some Stella got her groove back [inappropriate/removed]
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group