Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Patton
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.49er52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Quinton Patton Reply with quote

How much potential does he have?Because he reminds me of Antonio Brown.
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabs in there last night for sure.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Niner_Finer23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabsi last night for sure.
Likewise my friend showed a little bit of Crabtree like ability.Just wish we had a burner on this team to compliment both of them.

RAY LEWIS 2.0
You dont Kung-Fu,Kung-Fu is a way of life-
Jackie Chan
Mr.49er52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looked a little quicker than crabtree to me but crabtree is also not top tier athletic but he has great hands and can get open.I think that Mr.Patton will show some serious promise this season.And I know it's early but I think patton can become something special.
BangBang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"We saw a lot of him catching the ball prior to July 23, then he had the injury and was out for three weeks. But, he wasn't really out, because he was still out there practicing. But, yeah I think he's a good physical player. I don't think that the big stage bothers him, and it doesn't make him nervous. He's a competitor, you notice that. Boy you hate to say too much more about a rookie player. See if he can't just keep getting better."

It's like pulling teeth to get Harbaugh to praise anyone this much, especially a rookie. But you can tell he really likes him.

From what I saw, tough guy with hands and the ability to get YAC in short area situations. Loving it so far.
sherm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def a nice start to his career. Hopefully he can get on the field with Kaep and develop some chemistry. Any player that has the coach and QB giving high praise is someone who's on the right track.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
He's played one preseason game, so it's kind of hard to tell at this point. He doesn't have the raw top tier type potential that someone like a Justin Hunter (to use someone else from this draft class) may have, but at the same time, I think Patton is far more likely to reach his ceiling. It's kind of hard to compare him to another NFL player at this point, but I know I saw flashes of Crabs in there last night for sure.

Very nice. I agree with all of this and it was worded quite well.

___
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me some Patton, I think he'll be here along time making plays for us.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
jyod21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://49ersnews.com/2013/08/time-to-get-excited-about-quinton-patton/
Mr.49er52

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
fishsticks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.49er52 wrote:
I think Quinton just needs to continue learning and he could be in for a big year.Oh yeah and correct that TD dance he performed it was not impressive,but if he catches td's like that this year by golly go right ahead and dance.
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Also Patton looks good! very good. cant remember the last time I was this excited about a WR. probably back when the dancing baby was blowing our minds. I think Patton can be special.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Forge wrote:

Very nice. I agree with all of this and it was worded quite well.

Thank you kindly, good sir. Very much appreciated

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishsticks wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Also Patton looks good! very good. cant remember the last time I was this excited about a WR. probably back when the dancing baby was blowing our minds. I think Patton can be special.

I for one loved the dance and yes it was very similar to that. It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him. Im trying to temper my view a bit.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
BangBang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
fishsticks wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

I for one loved the dance and yes it was very similar to that. It also reminded me of an older black man just feeling Robin Thicke's - Blurred Lines song and deciding to let it hang out.

As for Patton. I saw a lot of similarites in his two catches mind you, to Victor Cruz. He seems to be very heady or football smart. He clearly has the ability to get open and he has some sneaky speed. I think we may have a future breakout star on our hands. Easy to get overly excited about him. Im trying to temper my view a bit.

Crazy that you mention that. A couple of weeks ago this old black guy was going nuts to that song at the bar I work at. Laughing
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
fishsticks wrote:
Mr.49er52 wrote:
It reminded me of this

Am I crazy?

Crazy that you mention that. A couple of weeks ago this old black guy was going nuts to that song at the bar I work at. Laughing

Im telling you man that track just gets into your bones. I remember the first time I heard it. Now mind you I aint no old black dude, but this white boy has been known to cut said rug with the best of them and I damned near wrecked my car driving home because the song took over my bodily functions and controls. I loved Pattons dance it was on some Stella got her groove back [inappropriate/removed]

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: