Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade LB Parys Haralson to the Saints
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38445
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: 49ers trade LB Parys Haralson to the Saints Reply with quote

Quote:
Parys Haralson apparently traded to New Orleans Saints


https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/372157260291510273
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3004
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!

I knew it, and I wanted it!

As long as we didn't give up a pick, I'm tired of losing picks, hopefully it's for one of our WRs, like Andy Tanner.
_________________
WHO DAT! Offseason.
GEAUX TIGERS! Offseason.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19719
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably gave up a 7th, whatever. He gives us MUCH needed depth.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3004
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 49ers faithful are saying he started 93% of snaps in 2011 (injured in 2012) and was just subbed out fro Aldon Smith on passing downs. Great against the run and in coverage, not so good against the pass, he plays WOLB (I think). So does this mean JG93 won't start and just sub for Parys on passing downs?
_________________
WHO DAT! Offseason.
GEAUX TIGERS! Offseason.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5920
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3004
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


If it's Colston I will have to convince myself we know what we're doing and his injury is really bad. *hyperventilates*

I've questioned us letting players walk in the past, then they go and be FA busts.. so I'd have to convince myself that Colston is done if that happened.
_________________
WHO DAT! Offseason.
GEAUX TIGERS! Offseason.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5920
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


If it's Colston I will have to convince myself we know what we're doing and his injury is really bad. *hyperventilates*

I've questioned us letting players walk in the past, then they go and be FA busts.. so I'd have to convince myself that Colston is done if that happened.


Yeah I highly doubt it's Colston though. Probably a 6th or 7th
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3004
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


If it's Colston I will have to convince myself we know what we're doing and his injury is really bad. *hyperventilates*

I've questioned us letting players walk in the past, then they go and be FA busts.. so I'd have to convince myself that Colston is done if that happened.


Yeah I highly doubt it's Colston though. Probably a 6th or 7th


I'm thinking Andy Tanner or Preston Parker honestly.
_________________
WHO DAT! Offseason.
GEAUX TIGERS! Offseason.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6249
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


If it's Colston I will have to convince myself we know what we're doing and his injury is really bad. *hyperventilates*

I've questioned us letting players walk in the past, then they go and be FA busts.. so I'd have to convince myself that Colston is done if that happened.


Yeah I highly doubt it's Colston though. Probably a 6th or 7th


I'm thinking Andy Tanner or Preston Parker honestly.


I doubt SF would take camp fodder at WR for an experienced backup/starter. I'd say either a 5th or a 6th, or an intriguing backup OL.

I think you guys will be pleased with Haralson. Solid overall 3-4 OLB. Not really a great pass rusher but he brings much needed experience and stability for the position.
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3004
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


If it's Colston I will have to convince myself we know what we're doing and his injury is really bad. *hyperventilates*

I've questioned us letting players walk in the past, then they go and be FA busts.. so I'd have to convince myself that Colston is done if that happened.


Yeah I highly doubt it's Colston though. Probably a 6th or 7th


I'm thinking Andy Tanner or Preston Parker honestly.


I doubt SF would take camp fodder at WR for an experienced backup/starter. I'd say either a 5th or a 6th, or an intriguing backup OL.

I think you guys will be pleased with Haralson. Solid overall 3-4 OLB. Not really a great pass rusher but he brings much needed experience and stability for the position.


Preston Parker was more than likely making this roster, he wasn't a camp fodder. He's shown up a lot. He's also good on special teams.

Andy Tanner on the other hand, he had an outside chance of making it, but probably wouldn't have.
_________________
WHO DAT! Offseason.
GEAUX TIGERS! Offseason.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11013
Location: Springdale, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


Who are "people"? Can't be anyone with a shred of credibility.
_________________

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 11013
Location: Springdale, Arkansas
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/372201812066963456

Quote:
Compensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.

_________________

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5920
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
FLOODx wrote:
People are throwing Colston's name around. I want to call them idiots, but if for some stupid reason that's true I'd feel like an idiot Laughing


Who are "people"? Can't be anyone with a shred of credibility.


Saw it a couple times on twitter. I couldn't see the Saints trading Colston because of what he's done for the franchise, but definitely not to a contender in the NFC.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 5920
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@mattbarrows: Compensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.



Quote:
@mattbarrows: Compensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.


Nice
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF


Last edited by FLOODx on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 3004
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/372201812066963456

Quote:
Compensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.


As I said in NFL News, great deal for both sides.

We get an (almost) 30 year old LB who's on a one year deal, and they get a 7th round pick (if he makes the 53).

Great deal.
_________________
WHO DAT! Offseason.
GEAUX TIGERS! Offseason.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group