Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Suspends FB - Jerome Felton (Substance Abuse)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Asiata is far from a lock IMO, I would prefer Zach Line keep his spot over Asiata and we only keep two pure RB's.

Line has showed more as a ball carrier and pass catcher this preseason than Asiata has in his entire time with the Vikings.

I can only base my opinion on what I saw from last nite, and Asiata was fine. Outside of his TD catch, Line was nowhere to be found.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Asiata is far from a lock IMO, I would prefer Zach Line keep his spot over Asiata and we only keep two pure RB's.

Line has showed more as a ball carrier and pass catcher this preseason than Asiata has in his entire time with the Vikings.

I can only base my opinion on what I saw from last nite, and Asiata was fine. Outside of his TD catch, Line was nowhere to be found.

Due to him acting as a fullback, Asiata is a three yard and cloud of dust back that we already have. I wouldn't consider a three yard average last night, and over the preseason, fine, personally.

I've seen enough from Line in college and in three preseason games to view him as a better running back than Asiata; the fact that he's learning the fullback position is just a bonus.

EDIT: I do want to add, that Line got the biggest bonus of any undrafted free agents the Vikings signed, so it's pretty clear that they like him. I would love to hold on to Line for the year and have him take over for Toby next year. Line was a personal favorite of mine this year, so I know I'm letting my bias show.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
This is something that we forgot was coming, Felton appealed a suspension for drunk driving arrest, this is the results of that appeal.

Exactly

Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Indeed, I'm told Jerome Felton's suspension was from June 2012 DUI arrest. Why the wait? NFL often waits for legal process to play out.”

[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Ellison and Asiata I don't see a reason to carry Line as well. I think it is either Asiata OR Line, not both.

Especially since we are hurting at DT depth to start the season; there are only so many roster spots.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Between Ellison and Asiata I don't see a reason to carry Line as well. I think it is either Asiata OR Line, not both.

Especially since we are hurting at DT depth to start the season; there are only so many roster spots.

I agree with you, my contention is just that Line should be kept over Asiata.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:

I would agree with that as well.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think it might be Line for the 3rd RB/backup FB
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:

I would agree with that as well.

I'm fine with Line. Asiata is nada.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyJ1134 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Does this make Zach Line a lock for the 53? I kind of hope so. He'll probably hit the PS once Felton is back but for the first 3 I would like to see him play some FB and special teams.

Also, as people have questioned, does this mean Ellison will focus more on FB duties this year? At least initially?

Do any of you think Felton's 3 game suspension could be the difference between going 2-1, 1-2, whatever? Basically, is this going to cost us?

It seems like not very much of a loss to me. It's only 3 games and we have capable fill ins at FB. Peterson also excels in a single-back set anyway.

There is still no reason to keep Zach Line. Ellison can take over Feltons role for the first 3 games without our team skipping a beat.

If Ellison is the starting FB then, who's the number 3 TE?

Not Line, but we will need someone to step up, right?

Maybe Shaincoe?

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

why can't he be both? we never have 3 TE's and a FB on the field at the same time...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

why can't he be both? we never have 3 TE's and a FB on the field at the same time...

Chase Ford definitely has the size you look for in a TE. My guess is that Ford makes the team the first three weeks, and then they will make a decision from there when Felton is back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings gave Felton a big contract. Can they cut him? I like Ellison and if he performed better then.....

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
The Vikings gave Felton a big contract. Can they cut him? I like Ellison and if he performed better then.....

I dont see why they would cut him. The suspension came from an incident that occurred in 2012. If they had any issues with this, they would have cut him in camp last year, or at least not have paid him big bucks (for a FB).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Bermuda Viking wrote:

I dont see why they would cut him. The suspension came from an incident that occurred in 2012. If they had any issues with this, they would have cut him in camp last year, or at least not have paid him big bucks (for a FB).

I hear you, but I wonder the consequences of cutting him. /he is not healthy and now he is banned and he is money and we have someone to step in in Ellison, and tougher questions in roster spots. I am just wondering.

I love the Vikings, win or lose.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:

I hear you, but I wonder the consequences of cutting him. /he is not healthy and now he is banned and he is money and we have someone to step in in Ellison, and tougher questions in roster spots. I am just wondering.

He's not injured, he simply had his appendix removed.

As for the consequences

Quote:
“@TomPelissero: Good thing Felton's ban comes this season. His base salary is only $850K so he'll lose just $150K. Base goes to $1.95M in '14, $2.45M in '15”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: