Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks roster cutdowns: FB Robinson, CB Winfield, TE Konz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
I really hope we get our hands on Lyerla. I heard Pete likes the kid a lot
He has nice talent. It depends on how Willson develops this year.

I still really want ASJ. I'm hoping somehow the character concerns allow him to slide to us. He's never had any good coaching on how to block yet he's still very good. With Cable coaching him up for an hour or two a week, he might be the best blocking TE in the NFL.

He has extremely soft hands and an athletic, HUGE frame that he's still refining. He'd also give us leverage to restructure Miller or cut him.

It's not that anything you're saying is untrue, I just picture a big purple W on your head as you type it Laughing
And your entire response is marred by you making a big ol' O face Laughing Nothing knew here. Our forum is almost entirely OU or UW fans it seems.

ASJ is a freak though. Boy is pushing 280 and lean.

Really? Ridiculous Shocked

I like how much of a versatile Weapon Lyerla could be for this Offense, we could get VERY creative with he and Percy Harvin on the field at the same time. ASJ is the better pure reciever, which we could really use at TE as well and we couldn't go wrong with either.....but I think Pete values versatility.

What i really hope, however, is that Luke Willson makes all of this conversation irrelevant so we can go out and get a real RG/RT

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
silus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Again, the obsession with John Conner seems unwarranted to me.

Quote:
FB John Conner just destroyed Margus Hunt on a power run play. DL Coach Hayes smiling told Hunt, "We're playing in pads now"
9:42 PM - 27 Jul 2013

If you are not a fan of hard nosed football, then you won't understand...
Cool? I pancaked the only guy in my league who went on to play D1 football at OG. He was over 300 and quick.

I was not as good as him. I just got him right. I'm not remotely sure how one nice play in practice in JULY is going to make me want Conner. He got cut by the Jets and their entire offense was the power running game.

In High School I tackled Raiders Rookie RB Latavius Murray by Myself.

Not sure what kind of point Silus is trying to make.

Since no one apparently knows who John Conner is, those types of reports are common with him, and as a fan it gets you excited. I assumed people were aware of that since it's his second time on hard knocks and he has actually played in NFL games, as opposed to interpreting it as a isolated example of what he can do and comparing it to your pathetic highschool football achievements.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:
FB John Conner just destroyed Margus Hunt on a power run play. DL Coach Hayes smiling told Hunt, "We're playing in pads now"

Cool? I pancaked the only guy in my league who went on to play D1 football at OG. He was over 300 and quick.

I was not as good as him. I just got him right. I'm not remotely sure how one nice play in practice in JULY is going to make me want Conner. He got cut by the Jets and their entire offense was the power running game.

Since no one apparently knows who John Conner is, those types of reports are common with him, and as a fan it gets you excited. I assumed people were aware of that since it's his second time on hard knocks and he has actually played in NFL games, as opposed to interpreting it as a isolated example of what he can do and comparing it to your pathetic highschool football achievements.

While we're on the subject, did you hear about that block John Conner gave that rookie DLineman in Training Camp?

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

Wow, lol. If scouting "Hard Knocks" is working for you, keep it up.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ecstatic with either ASJ or Lyerla on this team. I love the way both prospects play and am very open to the idea of using a 1st on either.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

While we're on the subject, did you hear about that block John Conner gave that rookie DLineman in Training Camp?

As a fan even the small things get you excited about a guy. Especially if there is a body of work behind it. But go ahead and act like you have never done the same for a Seahawk member. If the Seahawks do sign him it will be pretty obvious how much of a hypocrite you really are.

In other news Leon Washington was resigned by the Patriots.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I'd be ecstatic with either ASJ or Lyerla on this team. I love the way both prospects play and am very open to the idea of using a 1st on either.
Im just hoping Willson becomes a weapon and than I'm not sure Lyerla makes a ton of sense

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

As a fan even the small things get you excited about a guy. Especially if there is a body of work behind it. But go ahead and act like you have never done the same for a Seahawk member. If the Seahawks do sign him it will be pretty obvious how much of a hypocrite you really are.

what? Every other guy in the NFL has had a big moment in training camp too. There isn't a successful body of work behind him. The Jets are the definition of a power running team yet they cut him? Explain that to me.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

what? Every other guy in the NFL has had a big moment in training camp too. There isn't a successful body of work behind him. The Jets are the definition of a power running team yet they cut him? Explain that to me.

Uuummmmm..... It's the Jets? That's all the explanation I need.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

What.are.you.even.saying

SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

Dude, he looked like a lost puppy during regular season games, often blowing his assignment and looking as if the speed of the game was too much for him. There is a very, very good reason he is still unemployed.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
sirensong wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
silus wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Quote:

Dude, he looked like a lost puppy during regular season games, often blowing his assignment and looking as if the speed of the game was too much for him. There is a very, very good reason he is still unemployed.

i think you just got posters mixed up

SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Im just hoping Willson becomes a weapon and than I'm not sure Lyerla makes a ton of sense

My feeling is that Willson will be a very nice role player and receiving valve for this team, but he's never going to be a guy teams are afraid of. Of course it'll come down to what the team foresees with Zach Millers tenure, but if they are looking to replace him ASJ and Lyerla would be two of the best all around prospects we could possibly get. Those 2 guys WILL be players that teams fear.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:

My feeling is that Willson will be a very nice role player and receiving valve for this team, but he's never going to be a guy teams are afraid of. Of course it'll come down to what the team foresees with Zach Millers tenure, but if they are looking to replace him ASJ and Lyerla would be two of the best all around prospects we could possibly get. Those 2 guys WILL be players that teams fear.

With our desperate desire to run 2 TE sets I dont think Miller staying means ASJ or Lyerla arent options. We have tried very hard to get depth at TE and I dont think that will stop. If Eifert or Ertz were still on the board in the 2nd I believe we would have taken one of them, tho I know that wasnt going to happen.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the entire hypothetical revolves around Luke Willson becoming a capable #2 TE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: