Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans roster cutdowns: WR Hilton, CB Baker, LB Anderson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26305
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1m
I must say Velasco was one of the most likeable guys on the #Titans roster. Maybe too nice. Team obviously trying to get nastier up front
Ahh, he was too likeable. That's obviously a problem you look to avoid. Laughing
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26305
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now done with my venting. Ideally it won't matter and our interior lineman will all stay healthy.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1542
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear... Velascoe better be a Bear tomorrow. I can't handle another year of Garza.
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac 9 for LiFE


Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 313
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports 1m
I must say Velasco was one of the most likeable guys on the #Titans roster. Maybe too nice. Team obviously trying to get nastier up front
Ahh, he was too likeable. That's obviously a problem you look to avoid. Laughing


Ha, guess so. I mean, it was probably Fernando's last year here, and he was getting 2 mil as a swing guy. I thought he was certainly a gifted lineman but a bit overrated amongst the majority of Titania. Always liked the guy, but I trust Munchak and Bruce.

On the happier side of things, I know it was started to become expected, but we kept Battle and Preston Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26305
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports 1m
I must say Velasco was one of the most likeable guys on the #Titans roster. Maybe too nice. Team obviously trying to get nastier up front
Ahh, he was too likeable. That's obviously a problem you look to avoid. Laughing


Ha, guess so. I mean, it was probably Fernando's last year here, and he was getting 2 mil as a swing guy. I thought he was certainly a gifted lineman but a bit overrated amongst the majority of Titania. Always liked the guy, but I trust Munchak and Bruce.

On the happier side of things, I know it was started to become expected, but we kept Battle and Preston Smile
I think my struggle is, after years of handing a horrible, awful football player like Eugene Amano starting job after starting job on top of a ridiculous contract extension, we finally replace him with someone that shows he is capable of being a solid center. We then move him around when injuries hit and then do everything in our power to replace him in the offseason. I just don't really get the logic.

With that said, I think Turner will be fine and I don't think this is a move that will haunt us too much. It's just not a move I understand.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Justin615$


Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Posts: 789
Location: +1509 posts: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought either Chris Spencer or Keyunta Dawson would be the last cut so I am surprised but not too upset. I do however think we are going to be looking for OLB in the next few days.
_________________

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 15 TKLS, 0 SACKS, 1 INTS, 1 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 2 TKLS, 0 SACKS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac 9 for LiFE


Joined: 05 Oct 2011
Posts: 313
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Mac 9 for LiFE wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports 1m
I must say Velasco was one of the most likeable guys on the #Titans roster. Maybe too nice. Team obviously trying to get nastier up front
Ahh, he was too likeable. That's obviously a problem you look to avoid. Laughing


Ha, guess so. I mean, it was probably Fernando's last year here, and he was getting 2 mil as a swing guy. I thought he was certainly a gifted lineman but a bit overrated amongst the majority of Titania. Always liked the guy, but I trust Munchak and Bruce.

On the happier side of things, I know it was started to become expected, but we kept Battle and Preston Smile
I think my struggle is, after years of handing a horrible, awful football player like Eugene Amano starting job after starting job on top of a ridiculous contract extension, we finally replace him with someone that shows he is capable of being a solid center. We then move him around when injuries hit and then do everything in our power to replace him in the offseason. I just don't really get the logic.

With that said, I think Turner will be fine and I don't think this is a move that will haunt us too much. It's just not a move I understand.


Agreed, I had almost forgotten about Amano. Thank God he's gone, one of the biggest moves of the off-season Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigG13


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 76
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="titans0021"]
Quote:
@jwyattsports 21s
The #Titans plan to release C/G Fernando Velasco, who started 16 games last season.

That is a pretty dumb decision...
_________________
PSN Gamertag: RichardCranium91 2014 Adpot-A-Titan
-Blidi Wreh Wilson-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26305
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@glennonsports 2m
#Titans confirm cuts: Charles, Doyle, Lynch, Mooney, Ross, Shaw, Smith, Solomon, Velasco, Willard and Wooten. Mariani to IR.

_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21190
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@glennonsports 2m
#Titans confirm cuts: Charles, Doyle, Lynch, Mooney, Ross, Shaw, Smith, Solomon, Velasco, Willard and Wooten. Mariani to IR.

For a second I confused Wooten with BWW and was like WAT Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10460
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And people thought i was crazy for thinking it was possible for Turner or Spencer to take Velasco's spot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26305
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
And people thought i was crazy for thinking it was possible for Turner or Spencer to take Velasco's spot.
Still no explanation for Spencer. He looked awful at guard and center this preseason. Absolutely terrible.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37932
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@jwyattsports 21s
The #Titans plan to release C/G Fernando Velasco, who started 16 games last season.

I quit.


I laffed.

But then I was slightly sad. But still laffed.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10460
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
And people thought i was crazy for thinking it was possible for Turner or Spencer to take Velasco's spot.
Still no explanation for Spencer. He looked awful at guard and center this preseason. Absolutely terrible.


Explanation i saw tweeted was Spencer played about the same level and he was cheaper than Velasco.
I would think if we had a trusted player other than Wimbley. He would be gone too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24675
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the dumbest decision this team has made all offseason. SMH
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group