Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers getting calls about TE trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PACKRULE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
spilltray wrote:
Really his production just doesn't match that assesment

Yards:
1. Jason Whitten - 1039
12. Jermichael Finley - 667

Receptions:
1. Jason Whitten - 110
9. Jermichael Finley - 61

Touchdowns:
1. Rob Gronkowski - 11
35. Jermichael Finley - 2 (along with 7 other TEs)

Lots of players have physical ability, or "talent" they never live up to. So far, that's been Finley.

Cue the excuse that the defenses are terror-struck by Finley and sell the farm to get him covered. The reason we can't get a draft pick for Finley is that there would be no takers. The only reason I am not advocating trading Finley is because there is no market for pass-droppers.

This assessment doesn't either.
You're saying our front office who's been known to be frugal is paying a guy 8 million bucks this year and he's not worth any interest from another team. I don't think anyone fears Jfin like your saying but they sure do account for him. I doubt we want a draft pick for Finley, our GM and Coach seem to value him a great deal more then the fan base values him. I would assume that's why we were willing to pay him that sum of money. And likely why he'll get locked up again for another 3-4 years.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKRULE wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Yards:
1. Jason Whitten - 1039

Receptions:
1. Jason Whitten - 110

Touchdowns:
1. Rob Gronkowski - 11

And likely why he'll get locked up again for another 3-4 years.

That means another 6-8 touchdowns for us... Wink
Bizzle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better not let Finley go, but hypothetically a Finley for J. Byrd deal would be pretty special..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% in favor of trading whoever will get the higher compensation: Williams or Bostick (ideally Williams, trade one and put the other on the roster.)

Wouldn't trade Finley unless compensation is so extreme you couldn't turn it down. I'm not sure anybody would want to trade for any of the rest of them.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizzle wrote:
We better not let Finley go, but hypothetically a Finley for J. Byrd deal would be pretty special..
Hmmm, that's actually pretty interesting.

Kempes on the custom sig!
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I'm 100% in favor of trading whoever will get the higher compensation: Williams or Bostick (ideally Williams, trade one and put the other on the roster.)

Wouldn't trade Finley unless compensation is so extreme you couldn't turn it down. I'm not sure anybody would want to trade for any of the rest of them.

I play the Finley thing out. Some things have changed in that mans life off the field and the sky is the limit if he molds into a true pro. Has a game that will age VERY well also.

IMO, that would leave ya Bostick, Mulligan and Williams as the tradable parts. No way will they trade Mulligan. Man is BY FAR the best run blocker in this TE group and that's a skill that could very well be lacking up front on this years Packers team. This staff also knows Bostick far better than others so there is a good chance the comp for him would not be enough in the eyes of TT. Kinda the same deal with Q. This staff knows that knee far better than any of us do.

Williams is the one I would try to move. Good little TE/H-back but it's very clear to me that he is less than ideal in Mac's system. Move would come with some risk though. I doubt Taylor/Stoneburner make this team so should Kuhn go down the trade of Williams might not play out well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizzle wrote:

Didn't that guy hold out for money? I think the Packers want none of that.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

I play the Finley thing out. Some things have changed in that mans life off the field and the sky is the limit if he molds into a true pro. Has a game that will age VERY well also.

IMO, that would leave ya Bostick, Mulligan and Williams as the tradable parts. No way will they trade Mulligan. Man is BY FAR the best run blocker in this TE group and that's a skill that could very well be lacking up front on this years Packers team. This staff also knows Bostick far better than others so there is a good chance the comp for him would not be enough in the eyes of TT. Kinda the same deal with Q. This staff knows that knee far better than any of us do.

Williams is the one I would try to move. Good little TE/H-back but it's very clear to me that he is less than ideal in Mac's system. Move would come with some risk though. I doubt Taylor/Stoneburner make this team so should Kuhn go down the trade of Williams might not play out well.

I think it shown in the game against the Rams. When he's in there the running game is a hell of a lot better. Finley has gotten a hell of a lot better at blocking too. Then he was banged up last week. We had no success running the football. He'll be a X-Factor.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a home for him on this roster, no doubt. Crabs was a better all around player(especially on ST's) but Mulligan would have a clear lean in terms of drive skills.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
PACKRULE wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Yards:
1. Jason Whitten - 1039

Receptions:
1. Jason Whitten - 110

Touchdowns:
1. Rob Gronkowski - 11

And likely why he'll get locked up again for another 3-4 years.

That means another 6-8 touchdowns for us... Wink

Yeah we're all pretty certain that Fin can't up his TD numbers in a season. Kinda like JJones ro JNelson who haven't always had big seasons and then had big TD impacts. YOU don't like Fin88 it's clear. Good thing that The staff and HC do he will have a good year and prove more then a few on here wrong.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Not sure why everyone thinks Williams is so expendable..

Yeah, impossible to replace those 9 catches over the last two years...

Been nothing but a disappointment. I remember all the playing time he got in the season opener vs. the Saints in 2011. He had every chance to succeed but just couldn't put it together. If we got a conditional 7th for him it'd be a miracle.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Not sure why everyone thinks Williams is so expendable..

Yeah, impossible to replace those 9 catches over the last two years...

Been nothing but a disappointment. I remember all the playing time he got in the season opener vs. the Saints in 2011. He had every chance to succeed but just couldn't put it together. If we got a conditional 7th for him it'd be a miracle.

To be fair here, I haven't watched the last few games extremely closely. But- the few times that I've noticed Williams he has been doing well for being in a reserve role.

I think the kid has a place on this roster if he keeps working hard. TE is definitely a sum of all parts position and he may not be the best at anything but he seems to be pretty competent at most things. He just needs a chance and a little confidence from MM and Rodgers to put him in the important places to see if he comes through.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TE and DL spots this year for the Pack are pretty muddled. I have no idea whatsoever how TT and co. are ranking these guys, how many they'd like to keep on the roster. If we don't trade anyone, then some good players from the TE and DL corps are going to get cut. Maybe not in the next few days, but guys like Bostick and Boyd probably won't clear waivers.

With many of our top DL working on the last year of their contract, I wouldn't want to lose any promising DL. That's the whole point of a draft for value, draft and develop mentality. You have to be able to trust some of these young guys to fit into the program.

I agree with many that if we can get any value from a DJ Williams trade, be it a backup OL (read: someone to replace GVR) or a conditional/6th in next year's draft, we should pull the trigger.

And somehow TT has allowed too many guys with a "J" initial in their first names on the team. I haven't read the rule book too closely, but two BJs and a DJ must be breaking some sort of law.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can part with DJ Williams or Taylor and not lose any sleep. If we get a pick out of either of them ill be cheesin. If we can trade both for picks.....thats pretty much just about completely all the way absolutely legendary

we must keepz teh Finley, Quarless, and Bostick though
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley is going to lead our team in receiving this season. He's not going anywhere.

This is the thinnest we've been at the position since Rodgers has been here. He's going to step up huge and put up top 5 TE numbers.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: