Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills plan to start QB Jeff Tuel against Pats week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I've seen him in action for 5 straight years now....I'm not just saying what I'm saying because he's a rookie UDFA from a school 2 hours from me.
You saw him in action with a team full of scrubs in which he still performed okay considering the situation. He was MUCH better than Halliday. IIRC, he was benched for Halliday because of an injury.

We haven't seen how he'll perform in a decent situation. The talent he has around him is infinitely better than that of Washington State. He had no line, no receivers outside of Wilson and no running game. Sounds to me like he had no shot of succeeding in that black hole of a program.

No, he was not much better than Halliday, but yeah IIRC he was forced out of action because of an injury and Halliday lit it up and then they gave Tuel the job back when he came back from injury.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Notmyfault

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper652 wrote:
lol, Why do people think the Pats will kill the bills? The Pats have high school level receivers. I swear I bet I could make the roster as a receiver.

Why they dont get Brandon Loyd or even Deion Branch is beyond me. I mean their 2006 receiving corps would be a MAJOR MAJOR upgrade

Lol you act like the Bills have good CBs or something. The Bills CBs are just as bad if not worse than the Patriots WRs now that Gilmore is out. And that's coming from a Bills fan.

Infact, their whole secondary outside of Byrd now is pretty bad. Byrd should of held out until after week 1 and then maybe this incompetent front office could see how important he actually is.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Even if Manuel starts week 1... it'll have been after weeks without practicing, with only 2 preseason games under his belt, and his first NFL start.

Better option than Tuel for week 1? Yes. But not by much. Pats still have possibly the easiest week 1 matchup in the league.

If Manuel is able to get in a full week of practice leading up to the game he will likely be good to go for the start.

Right, but how in both cases it's a rookie playing in his first career start against a Belichick defense.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingshomer wrote:
How does someone like Jeff Tuel even make it on a roster? There has to be better options out there.
Well he was supposed to be holding the clip board. And has played some good ball here in Buffalo. He completely dominated the Colts. After the Colts game there was some Bills fans calling for him to start over EJ. He has played pretty well for us but don't think anyone would think he would see the field at all let alone starting week 1.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honest to God thought we'd surprise people this year and win 8 games.

Now? I'll be happy with 5.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Right, but how in both cases it's a rookie playing in his first career start against a Belichick defense.

Yeah, tough to be optimistic in any scenario. Would obviously rather see the guy they drafted to be their franchise quarterback though.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
So much for "minor knee surgery" for E.J. Manuel... I expected that he won't be ready but i figured they'll have a better plan in place than *Jeff Tuel*, although of course, Kolb got hurt... but shouldn't they have expected that? Laughing

No we shouldn't have anticipated he'd get hurt. Why do you think teams keep signing "injury prone" guys? Because they think they have the training staff/tools around him to keep him healthy.

And the knee surgery isn't the issue with his recovery. Take it from someone who's had several knee scopes, it's the healing time on the incision that's keeping him out. The team doesn't want the wound to open back up because of contact and are being extra cautious. Odds are Tuel doesn't even start. This is just a "If the season started tomorrow" type of thing.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be Dolphins fans and have your 1st and 2nd round picks both out or at least limited for the forseeable future
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
You could be Dolphins fans and have your 1st and 2nd round picks both out or at least limited for the forseeable future

Our first round picks from the last two years are out. I'd say that's about equal. Laughing Crying or Very sad

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Our first round picks from the last two years are out. I'd say that's about equal. Laughing Crying or Very sad

I jest

Personally I hope you surprise the Patriots and sweep the Jets. The latter is very possible IMO I think the Bills have a lot of talent.

Here's to the Bills going 4-2 in the AFCE

cheers
Luke1592

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowneys going to Buffalo.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:

Doubt it. We lost a mediocre QB and a future stud CB. Gilmore is good but he is not going to make or break our team. We will somehow finish with 6 or 7 wins like we do every year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I like Tuel. Obviously hoping he turns out good, but he does not have a big arm...

ALSO JEFF TUEL WILL ONLY START IF EJ MANUEL IS READY. SOMEONE PLEASE CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE.

WHAT??? They intend to start Tuel if Manuel is healthy and start Manuel if he's barely able to walk?????????????

I knew the Bills were inept...... but never did I think it was that bad!!!!!

marshawn lynch wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:

Doubt it. We lost a mediocre QB and a future stud CB. Gilmore is good but he is not going to make or break our team. We will somehow finish with 6 or 7 wins like we do every year.

Please tell me you're being pessimistic? Would you not rather finish 2-14 and up with one of the best pass rushing talent in the last decade in Clowney than finish 7-9 with a low teen draft pick that will net you another non-elite talent?

Nacho Simulation Football League
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved a good cinderella story.

Jeff Tuel just got a new fan
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I've always loved a good cinderella story.

Jeff Tuel just got a new fan

Do wut? Is Jeff Tuel Cinderella? LOL.

He isn't really a crazy story. It took someone getting a knee injury and another getting a concussion to get his shot.

Did you guys hear his press conference today?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: