Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills plan to start QB Jeff Tuel against Pats week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
So somehow being bad in college + UDFA = some sort of untapped tools to be a good QB in this league?

That makes absolutely no sense.
lolwut

I said he has tools to work with, which he does. Never said he was going to be good. Just said that he's a better option than guys like Matt Leinart, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall, Graham Harrell, etc.

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
So somehow being bad in college + UDFA = some sort of untapped tools to be a good QB in this league?

lolwut

I said he has tools to work with, which he does. He's a better option than guys like Matt Leinart, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall, Graham Harrell, etc.

Leinart is tall and has a big arm. So do alot of those guys, or at least comparable arm strength to Tuel. Plus they've played in the NFL before....

But I guess we shall find out soon enough when Tuel takes the field!
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

lolwut

I said he has tools to work with, which he does. He's a better option than guys like Matt Leinart, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall, Graham Harrell, etc.

Leinart is tall and has a big arm. So do alot of those guys, or at least comparable arm strength to Tuel. Plus they've played in the NFL before....

Yes, and we've seen those guys fail. Tuel has looked pretty decent for a UDFA thus far. He's a smart kid.

But yes, let's judge before we see him in action.

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

lolwut

Yes, and we've seen those guys fail. Tuel has looked pretty decent for a UDFA thus far. He's a smart kid.

But yes, let's judge before we see him in action.

I've seen him in action for 5 straight years now....I'm not just saying what I'm saying because he's a rookie UDFA from a school 2 hours from me.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Viper652 wrote:
lol, Why do people think the Pats will kill the bills? The Pats have high school level receivers. I swear I bet I could make the roster as a receiver.

Why they dont get Brandon Loyd or even Deion Branch is beyond me. I mean their 2006 receiving corps would be a MAJOR MAJOR upgrade

Remember the name Kenbrell Thompkins. You clearly have never heard of him, but you will soon.

OK. I will say the same thing that people have been saying about Tuel. There is a reason he was an UDFA.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Tuel's got the tools to be a successful QB (no pun intended). He's obviously not ready but he's not the worst option out there.

What tools are you talking about??? He barely had enough physical tools at WSU to keep his starting job.

I really REALLY hope we get to see him start week one. I'm already preparing my fantasy team.

.......He has a big arm, is like 6'3, and is somewhat mobile.
Those tools.
Exactly. He was bad in college because his surrounding talent outside of Marquess Wilson was atrocious. Sometimes you just happen to be a product of your environment.

going into a league with tools and better coaching, supporting talent, and a better system doesn't give you potential in the league?

Matt Leinart has a big arm?

I hate the Jaguars
bkobow05

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I've seen him in action for 5 straight years now....I'm not just saying what I'm saying because he's a rookie UDFA from a school 2 hours from me.
You saw him in action with a team full of scrubs in which he still performed okay considering the situation. He was MUCH better than Halliday. IIRC, he was benched for Halliday because of an injury.

We haven't seen how he'll perform in a decent situation. The talent he has around him is infinitely better than that of Washington State. He had no line, no receivers outside of Wilson and no running game. Sounds to me like he had no shot of succeeding in that black hole of a program.

#JDI
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Remember the name Kenbrell Thompkins. You clearly have never heard of him, but you will soon.

OK. I will say the same thing that people have been saying about Tuel. There is a reason he was an UDFA.

Yeah, he's among the oldest rookies (25), shot himself when he was 7, was kicked out of high school three times, attended three different colleges plus two others that he signed onto but never attended, and was arrested 7 times, including 3 drug charges and armed robbery.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tuel. Obviously hoping he turns out good, but he does not have a big arm...

ALSO JEFF TUEL WILL ONLY START IF EJ MANUEL IS READY. SOMEONE PLEASE CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be worse, his name could be Gabbert....

Anywho, I don;t think he will do that bad, won't win but won't play bad

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does someone like Jeff Tuel even make it on a roster? There has to be better options out there.
Swift21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An undrafted rookie free agent QB starting week one. wow Never thought I would see that.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Manuel starts week 1... it'll have been after weeks without practicing, with only 2 preseason games under his belt, and his first NFL start.

Better option than Tuel for week 1? Yes. But not by much. Pats still have possibly the easiest week 1 matchup in the league.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Even if Manuel starts week 1... it'll have been after weeks without practicing, with only 2 preseason games under his belt, and his first NFL start.

Better option than Tuel for week 1? Yes. But not by much. Pats still have possibly the easiest week 1 matchup in the league.

If Manuel is able to get in a full week of practice leading up to the game he will likely be good to go for the start.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of him before in my life

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: