Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills plan to start QB Jeff Tuel against Pats week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
SoS wrote:
I would legitimately rather have Leinart or Thigpen start over Tuel. He is seriously trash.

How good is Tarvaris Jackson sounding right about now?

Not very. I never even wanted him re-signed this year, and wasn't sad to see him cut. Why keep around a QB that had looked even less impressive than Fitzpatrick during his time in the league as a starter?

I'd rather have Tuel on the roster over Jackson. Tuel is young enough that there's a much better upside even if that is a longshot. Who I really wish we'd been able to keep on the roster somehow as a veteran presence is Fitzpatrick himself.

For all his struggles, he can usually put up some points on the Pats, so week one wouldn't be a complete write-off if he was filling in for one week until Manuel recovered.

Tarvaris has looked fantastic for us. I think he has the highest QBR in the league this preseason.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
SoS wrote:
I would legitimately rather have Leinart or Thigpen start over Tuel. He is seriously trash.

How good is Tarvaris Jackson sounding right about now?

Not very. I never even wanted him re-signed this year, and wasn't sad to see him cut. Why keep around a QB that had looked even less impressive than Fitzpatrick during his time in the league as a starter?

I'd rather have Tuel on the roster over Jackson. Tuel is young enough that there's a much better upside even if that is a longshot. Who I really wish we'd been able to keep on the roster somehow as a veteran presence is Fitzpatrick himself.

For all his struggles, he can usually put up some points on the Pats, so week one wouldn't be a complete write-off if he was filling in for one week until Manuel recovered.

Tarvaris has looked fantastic for us. I think he has the highest QBR in the league this preseason.

Yes, but if you're just counting preseason ratings, than Tuel has been great as well, with more than twice as many attempts and some time against a 1st team defense.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuel is going to light the league on fire

I hate the Jaguars
Viper652

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Why do people think the Pats will kill the bills? The Pats have high school level receivers. I swear I bet I could make the roster as a receiver.

Why they dont get Brandon Loyd or even Deion Branch is beyond me. I mean their 2006 receiving corps would be a MAJOR MAJOR upgrade
Viper652

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If brady can at least get a 10-6 record out of this awful junk hes working with, there is no way anybody can say Peyton is near his level.
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Way to throw him out to the wolves.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Tuel's got the tools to be a successful QB (no pun intended). He's obviously not ready but he's not the worst option out there.

What tools are you talking about??? He barely had enough physical tools at WSU to keep his starting job.

I really REALLY hope we get to see him start week one. I'm already preparing my fantasy team.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Tuel's got the tools to be a successful QB (no pun intended). He's obviously not ready but he's not the worst option out there.

What tools are you talking about??? He barely had enough physical tools at WSU to keep his starting job.

I really REALLY hope we get to see him start week one. I'm already preparing my fantasy team.

.......He has a big arm, is like 6'3, and is somewhat mobile.
Those tools.

I hate the Jaguars
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper652 wrote:
lol, Why do people think the Pats will kill the bills? The Pats have high school level receivers. I swear I bet I could make the roster as a receiver.

Why they dont get Brandon Loyd or even Deion Branch is beyond me. I mean their 2006 receiving corps would be a MAJOR MAJOR upgrade

Eh?

I get you're probably trying to exaggerate, but you're still far off. Assuming you're talking about only wide receivers (because I would call Rob Gronkowski an elite "receiver" personally), they still have Danny Amendola (who has had extensive success in this league, and should have success with the Pats if he stays healthy) and a promising rookie in Aaron Dobson. No one in the NFL is "high school level". I get what you're saying, New England's WR corps are on the bottom end of the NFL. But Tom Brady is a master of the dink and dunk pass attack anyway, and you don't need elite receivers for that.

The Pats are going 11-5 or better, in my opinion, no question. And the overall talent level on the team is far ahead of the Bills'. Not sure why you only brought up the receivers... (okay I guess I do, its one of the only positions the Bills are better than the Pats).

Nacho Simulation Football League
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think EJ is officially ruled out yet, so there may still be a chance.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

Most definitely. The Bills website says Tuel is "penciled in" to start. We'll probably have a better idea early next week if Manuel is practicing or not.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Beatnik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

Yes, Manuel might still start.

If Tuel start I will cheer for him hard. I love those kind of stories!
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper652 wrote:

Remember the name Kenbrell Thompkins. You clearly have never heard of him, but you will soon.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Those tools.
Exactly. He was bad in college because his surrounding talent outside of Marquess Wilson was atrocious. Sometimes you just happen to be a product of your environment.

#JDI
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Those tools.
Exactly. He was bad in college because his surrounding talent outside of Marquess Wilson was atrocious. Sometimes you just happen to be a product of your environment.

So somehow being bad in college + UDFA = some sort of untapped tools to be a good QB in this league?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: