Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets roster cutdowns: QB McElroy, WR Edwards, DL Garay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sanchez was healthy, Obamanu prob would have stayed in my opinion. Harrell's only here until Sanchez gets healthy. Hypothetically, if Geno goes out in game one and throws a few picks in there, Simms will go in. If Simms gets hurt, you have Harrell just in case. That's how I look at it at least.

Props to JMG on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
Could it be that Sanchez is on watch, which is why we are keeping Harrell?

Is a trade or a cut possible? The phrasing was that the Jets may want to "move on" from Sanchez, and it came on cut day.

Good point. Maybe a trade with Green Bay?
Trade with GB?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Is a trade or a cut possible? The phrasing was that the Jets may want to "move on" from Sanchez, and it came on cut day.

Trade with GB?

I think GB have only 1 QB on their roster. I could see someone like Oakland show a little interest. That's if I could guess possible trade partners.

If all the reports are true about us wanting to start Geno even if MS is healthy, it would be wise to move on. Every time Geno mess up, the media would bring up Sanchez. It could possibly divide the locker room. So I wouldn't be shocked if Sanchez is moved soon.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Trade with GB?

I think GB have only 1 QB on their roster. I could see someone like Oakland show a little interest. That's if I could guess possible trade partners.

If all the reports are true about us wanting to start Geno even if MS is healthy, it would be wise to move on. Every time Geno mess up, the media would bring up Sanchez. It could possibly divide the locker room. So I wouldn't be shocked if Sanchez is moved soon.

Green Bay has B.J. Coleman.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:

Trade with GB?

Green Bay has B.J. Coleman.

I have no clue who that is, but never mind. They should be targeting a vet soon to back up AR.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
JETS2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so why did Manish Mehta direct message me on twitter after I called him out for criticizing Rex for being at his sons game (Clemson vs. Georgia) the interaction is pretty funny with how hard he is defending himself. If anybody wants to hear what he has to say just let me know.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
so why did Manish Mehta direct message me on twitter after I called him out for criticizing Rex for being at his sons game (Clemson vs. Georgia) the interaction is pretty funny with how hard he is defending himself. If anybody wants to hear what he has to say just let me know.

Please share. It does seem unusual Rex wouldn't be busy at the office on a day like today, unless he's not in the picture at all in terms of team decisions. And if that's the case, we should all probably cancel any plans we had of attending Jet's games this season, no?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:

Please share. It does seem unusual Rex wouldn't be busy at the office on a day like today, unless he's not in the picture at all in terms of team decisions. And if that's the case, we should all probably cancel any plans we had of attending Jet's games this season, no?

Or they made all their personnel decisions yesterday, but didn't make any announcements until today.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he tweeted this
Quote:
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Rex's son attends Clemson (football walk-on?) Decided to skip cut-down day RT @Will_Roebuck nice talk w/ Rex Ryan on flight to Clemson #nyj

to which I reply
Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN because being at your sons game is a bad thing huh

He then decideds to Direct message me to say:
Quote:
You realize he is a walk-on reserve? Doesn't play.

I say:
Quote:
yes I do but its clear you have a personal issue with Rex if you are criticizing him being a parent for his "walk-on" son.

its sad that you would make it seem that his son would be more important if he wasn't a walk on. Think if it was ur kid man.

he says
Quote:
He's a NFL HC. It's cut-down day. Every HC was at their team facility. Part of the job.

I reply:
Quote:
understand but you are a beat reporter than is supposed to be objective but every tweet oozes your hatred of Rex.

He says
Quote:
Have you read my columns in the past month? I have defended Rex more than not.

I say
Quote:
all I'm saying is you are a parent number 1 and there are some milestones you just don't miss. But I mean you won't agree.

He makes this claim
Quote:
I call it like I see it. This was irresponsible as the HC of the Jets. Team also scouring waiver pickups tonight. He needs to be with team

I follow up with this ( which clearly hurt his feelings)
Quote:
I understand your view buts it's out of line for a beat writer to openly call for the firing of a coach.

I guess my issue is that you result to name calling sometimes which rubs me the wrong way considering the platform ur on

but hey man what do I know you are clearly doing something right to have gotten to where you are at.

He takes his ball and goes home by finishing up with

Quote:
I'm a columnist/reporter

implying he is not a beat reporter.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Yeah, you killed him with that one. I'm really smiling right now.

Why do ya'll still follow/read manish's work? he is horrible. If all fans were to stop paying attention to him, that will kill his views, and he won't get paid. The fact that he tried to rip Rex for being at his sons game is just showing how ugly of a person he really is.

Quote:
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost makes me miss the days of Hutchinson obsessing over Darren McFadden.

It's the New York media. I don't even necessarily disagree with Mehta, and his decision to jump on every little scrap he can reeks of sales.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's certainly not impossible that the team took care of those decisions before hand knowing that Rex was going to be at that game.
sharpy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the McKelroy cut. My worry is he takes our new system to the Pats. That would be just like them. God I hate that team!
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who are waiver players you guys think we could target?

RB Alex Green is a possibility. Not a very patient runner but he's got speed and might be able to do some work in our stretch plays. Would be a temporary pickup to replace Bell for these first four weeks.

RB Jonathan Dwyer got cut as well, but I don't really see him as an option for this team. Has some talent running but it was never fully realized in Pittsburgh.

DT Terrance Stephens (Hard knocks star) was released by the Bengals and likely to be snuck into their practice squad. The Jets only have 5 "true" defensive linemen and I noticed Stephens playing over the center a bit during preseason games. Doubt it, but this is just spitballing.

WR Taverres King was drafted by the Broncos this year but didn't make it into a deep WR corps. This is, of course, if the Jets want to keep 6 WRs.

We could snatch TE Matt Furstenburg from the Ravens for some depth. Looked strong through camp and was likely one of the tougher cuts they had to make.

DT Marvin Austin (The Sanchez breaker) was cut by the giants after they attempted to shop him around the league. Good size/speed guy at 6'2 312 and did really well against the Jets so you know they saw him. Seems like the most likely claim to me, but who knows.

DT AJ Francis was a sleeper DT in this draft for me. He was signed by the Dolphins and had some pretty good reports but didn't make the final 53.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: