Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers roster cutdowns: RB Dwyer, LB Sylvester, RB Batch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when players leave, I wish them nothing but the best. In this case, I do not....

Quote:
@JDwyer27: This is just the beginning for me my future is bright and I have a chip on my shoulder and they will regret it.. #BelieveDat

The only chip this fat piece of trash has on his shoulder is a Dorito. Maybe if you actually had that supposed chip on your shoulder here, you would still be on the team. Instead, you balooned up 3 straight years and you were average at best most of the time.

I hope he is flipping burgers in a few years. Maybe I am overreacting, but its so annoying when a guy who didnt even work hard acts like he was entitled to a roster spot and says we will regret it.

Sorry Jon...even if you do stick around the league for awhile, youll never be anymore than a decent backup....but you added nothing to our team and thats why your fat a$$ got bounced.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how the hell did Carter and Whimper make the team but Baxter and Arnfelt did not?

Two proven bums or two young guys that have shown more potential than the other two ever have.

Ugh...just start the f'n season already/

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Carter made it on STs

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
And how the hell did Carter and Whimper make the team but Baxter and Arnfelt did not?

Two proven bums or two young guys that have shown more potential than the other two ever have.

Ugh...just start the f'n season already/

I'm expecting(hoping) one of those two to get added back in the moment Miller's ready and we don't need 5 TEs.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Usually when players leave, I wish them nothing but the best. In this case, I do not....

Quote:
@JDwyer27: This is just the beginning for me my future is bright and I have a chip on my shoulder and they will regret it.. #BelieveDat

The only chip this fat piece of trash has on his shoulder is a Dorito. Maybe if you actually had that supposed chip on your shoulder here, you would still be on the team. Instead, you balooned up 3 straight years and you were average at best most of the time.

I hope he is flipping burgers in a few years. Maybe I am overreacting, but its so annoying when a guy who didnt even work hard acts like he was entitled to a roster spot and says we will regret it.

Sorry Jon...even if you do stick around the league for awhile, youll never be anymore than a decent backup....but you added nothing to our team and thats why your fat a$$ got bounced.

Let's not forget, 43M, he had his shot. He was starter last year and LOST the spot. It's not like he was never given a chance. He won his job, but couldn't keep it. "Regret it"? No, regret is that Dwyer lost his job when he was incumbent. Sorry dude, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Seattle signed D'Anthony Batiste and cut their 4th round pick Chris Harper, qny chance we go out and grab Harper? Idk how we'll be did in preseason but I had heard during the draft he had tons of potential.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Quote:

Let's not forget, 43M, he had his shot. He was starter last year and LOST the spot. It's not like he was never given a chance. He won his job, but couldn't keep it. "Regret it"? No, regret is that Dwyer lost his job when he was incumbent. Sorry dude, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Yeah...thats pretty much my point though.

He is acting like he wasnt given a shot, when in reality he has several. Lets look at it...he had a very nice college career. Fell 4 or 5 rounds because of work ethic and conditioning concerns. I SWEAR I read an interview with him after he was drafted with him saying he had a chip on his shoulder after teams passed on him so many times. Despite those big words, he comes to training camp, looking fatter and slower than he did at the combine.

Then, he shows up for 2011 and 2012 out of shape. Somehow, he stuck, and after Mendy got hurt, had a gold opportunity to win the starting job long term with a team that didnt have much competition at the position. He gets his chance...pretty much by default, and proceeds to look fatter and less motivated as the season goes on, until he ultimately loses the job.

Finally, we drafted LeVeon Bell...he shows up fat again and still had a chance to win the starting job after Bell got hurt. Instead, he cant beat out a washed up Felix Jones or a scatback like LSH.

I can respect that not every has what it takes to make it at this level, even the most promising players. However, this worthless sack of turds didnt work hard, acted like he was entitled, and then says we will regret cutting him.

Good riddance, tubby.

simonwayne wrote:
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to look into signing Tony Moeaki....hard.

Considering Haley was the one who drafted him...there is a chance.

simonwayne wrote:
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Is he currently healthy?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Is he currently healthy?

I am not sure.

Havent heard anything.

simonwayne wrote:
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As young as he is though he's still at least bringing in for a workout if healthy. Pretty good upside if he can stay on the field.
Dcash4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Is he currently healthy?

I am not sure.

Havent heard anything.

Fractured shoulder...no thank you.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9601741/kansas-city-chiefs-tight-end-tony-moeaki-fractures-shoulder
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcash4 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Is he currently healthy?

I am not sure.

Havent heard anything.

Fractured shoulder...no thank you.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9601741/kansas-city-chiefs-tight-end-tony-moeaki-fractures-shoulder

Heh...damn. My bad.

Forget that.

simonwayne wrote:
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some Steelers fans feeling sorry for Dwyer (not so much here) and hoping he latches on somewhere and succeeds. I don't get it. The guy was given every opportunity to take the starting job. Was even lucky this year with the Bell injury. Redman may not be particularly more talented, but he works much harder. I'm glad the team valued character and made the right choice on this one.

I also see people knocking Redman last year. No one likes to point out the fact he was one of the few guys who tried to play hurt from the start. I don't think he was healthy at any point. Redman is a tough dude who gives a [inappropriate/removed]. That's the guy you find a roster for, not the one who is so out of shape he taps out of games when they are trying to make him the starter.

Quote:
I SWEAR I read an interview with him after he was drafted with him saying he had a chip on his shoulder after teams passed on him so many times. Despite those big words, he comes to training camp, looking fatter and slower than he did at the combine.

He did say this. He was only a 5th rounder because of his weight issues to begin with. Never learned. I think he struggled with his conditioning test the first camp, but could be mistaken.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
Chris Carter made it on STs
The same way the Curtis Brown made it.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: