Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers roster cutdowns: RB Dwyer, LB Sylvester, RB Batch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Steelers roster cutdowns: RB Dwyer, LB Sylvester, RB Batch Reply with quote

Quote:
The Steelers have placed linebacker Sean Spence on the teamís Reserve/Physically Unable To Perform (PUP) List. In addition, the team has placed offensive guard Justin Cheadle and cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke on the teamís Waived/Injured List.

The Steelers have released offensive tackle DíAnthony Batiste, running back Baron Batch, offensive tackle Mike Farrell, wide receiver David Gilreath, wide receiver Tyler Shaw, cornerback Ryan Steed, linebacker Stevenson Sylvester, tight end Peter Tuitupou, quarterback John Parker Wilson, wide receiver J.D. Woods and running back Jeremy Wright.

The Steelers have also placed rookie defensive end Nick Williams on the Reserve/Injured List.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Make-Roster-Moves-Trim-Roster-to-75/c0eded43-be8e-4999-aa45-ec3b5f48e11e

***Update***
Quote:
Wow. Jonathan Dwyer cut by Steelers. Miller activated.

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/373893449658793985
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprises there really.

Batch was completely expected.

Sylvester sucked and showed no growth in his time here.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one Im a little surprised is Gilreath, but I think the selection of Wheaton and the lack of size amongst our receivers was his downfall , also I don't believe he is available for PS any longer. It's probably doing him a favor in a sense.

...you have a forum resume?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we can get Woods on the practice squad. The rest I don't care for.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Only one Im a little surprised is Gilreath, but I think the selection of Wheaton and the lack of size amongst our receivers was his downfall , also I don't believe he is available for PS any longer. It's probably doing him a favor in a sense.

I respect your opinion, but I never got any of the love for him.

Every year it seemed as if there was a group of Steelers fan lobbying for him to make the team, but I never saw more than what he was...camp fodder, or maybe a desperation backup.

Nothing against the guy, I just never saw anything that made me want him on the team.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilreath had an awful camp on top of limited skill.

Glad to see Sylvester gone.
Dogfeet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did Williams have a legit injury or was he "injured" to stash away?
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Every year it seemed as if there was a group of Steelers fan lobbying for him to make the team, but I never saw more than what he was...camp fodder, or maybe a desperation backup.

Nothing against the guy, I just never saw anything that made me want him on the team.

I agree with FourThreeMafia and CK Steeler. I think Gilreath sealed his fate with the horrible special teams showing against the Giants. He never impressed me as a WR or PR.

I have rooted for ILB Stevenson Sylvester the same as many have for Gilreath, but the truth is he hasn't done much (this summer or the past few years). He has a lot of athleticism and potential, but it didn't translate on the field. McFadden and some of the other young ILB have outplayed him.

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogfeet wrote:
So did Williams have a legit injury or was he "injured" to stash away?

I'm pretty certain he's been out with an injury.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Hopefully we can get Woods on the practice squad. The rest I don't care for.
I agree, he played decent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Steelers roster cutdowns: LB Sylvester, RB Batch, CB Ste Reply with quote

Quote:
The Steelers have placed linebacker Sean Spence on the teamís Reserve/Physically Unable To Perform (PUP) List. In addition, the team has placed offensive guard Justin Cheadle and cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke on the teamís Waived/Injured List.

The Steelers have released offensive tackle DíAnthony Batiste, running back Baron Batch, offensive tackle Mike Farrell, wide receiver David Gilreath, wide receiver Tyler Shaw, cornerback Ryan Steed, linebacker Stevenson Sylvester, tight end Peter Tuitupou, quarterback John Parker Wilson, wide receiver J.D. Woods and running back Jeremy Wright.

The Steelers have also placed rookie defensive end Nick Williams on the Reserve/Injured List.

Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Hey Hey GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a positive sign to see Spence on PUP instead of IR. I still have high hopes for him no matter how improbable.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Not like I was high on the guy. I didn't even see him play this preseason actually, as I had to leave by the 4th quarter of every game. He had a good showing last preseason. There are receivers available every year that can compete with him and replace him. Was just surprised to see his name this early.

I havent heard many thoughts on Vince Williams thus far....?

...you have a forum resume?
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Not like I was high on the guy. I didn't even see him play this preseason actually, as I had to leave by the 4th quarter of every game. He had a good showing last preseason. There are receivers available every year that can compete with him and replace him. Was just surprised to see his name this early.

I havent heard many thoughts on Vince Williams thus far....?

I just read on twitter that Vince Williams is running as the 2nd string ILB.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Wilkiams man coverage is pretty solid but I haven't seen much zone with him.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: