Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals roster cutdowns: TE Quinn, WR Boyd, LB Campbell
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Bengals roster cutdowns: TE Quinn, WR Boyd, LB Campbell Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bengals waived tight end Richard Quinn and waived five other players on Sunday, leaving them with 81 on the roster.

The Bengals also waived defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga of Hawaii, a first-year player, and four rookies: receiver Jheranie Boyd of North Carolina, cornerback Terrence Brown of Stanford, linebacker Jordan Campbell of New Mexico Highlands and kicker Quinn Sharp of Oklahoma State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bengals-release-te-quinn-waive-213620516--nfl.html

***Update***
Quote:
Roster moves: Waived: G Otis Hudson, T Jason Weaver; To IR: LBs Brandon Joiner, Sean Porter; To PUP: QB Zac Robinson, FB Chris Pressley.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/372370394054791168
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing unexpected

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All guys that did not see the field much

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None had much of a chance to make the roster. Only guys like Brown and Campbell had a shot at making the practice squad. But since both were cut so early, its clear neither will be on that list either

I honestly though they would bring in a couple more guys before that 3rd preseason game, but it didnt happen

Now the waiting game continues until thursday to find out which 6 other guys are going home
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
None had much of a chance to make the roster. Only guys like Brown and Campbell had a shot at making the practice squad. But since both were cut so early, its clear neither will be on that list either

I honestly though they would bring in a couple more guys before that 3rd preseason game, but it didnt happen

Now the waiting game continues until thursday to find out which 6 other guys are going home

Quinn Sharp might have a chance to get back to the practice squad. Cutting him now gives him the opportunity to latch on elsewhere. If he doesn't, we bring him back.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Quinn Sharp might have a chance to get back to the practice squad. Cutting him now gives him the opportunity to latch on elsewhere. If he doesn't, we bring him back.

I really don't see much of a point to keeping a K on the practice squad when they can just sign a veteran off the street if Nugent were to get hurt. It worked last year with Josh Brown, so I'd much rather rely on a veteran in this case

And I don't really see a reason as to cut them early just so they can get "latched" onto somewhere else. If the bengals want someone on there practice squad, they arent gonna cut them early and be the nice guys to give other people a chance to sign them, especially since the preseason isnt even over yet
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I really don't see much of a point to keeping a K on the practice squad when they can just sign a veteran off the street if Nugent were to get hurt. It worked last year with Josh Brown, so I'd much rather rely on a veteran in this case

And I don't really see a reason as to cut them early just so they can get "latched" onto somewhere else. If the bengals want someone on there practice squad, they arent gonna cut them early and be the nice guys to give other people a chance to sign them, especially since the preseason isnt even over yet

Actually, I think the team does exactly that. It's a professional sport, and they are acting professionally. The difference in salary is quite large between active and practice squad.

There are 2 reasons you have one on the PS. First, Nugent hasn't exactly been the model for staying healthy. Secondly, you have plenty of specuial teams practices going on all week. Quinn can do both. Keeping him as one of the 8 PS guys lessens the burden on Huber and Nugent throughout the season, and lets them practice specific things in those sessions without wearing out their legs.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Roster moves: Waived: G Otis Hudson, T Jason Weaver; To IR: LBs Brandon Joiner, Sean Porter; To PUP: QB Zac Robinson, FB Chris Pressley.

Tom Brady Tribute
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

No shockers there. Most of those guys weren't expected to make the team. Porter was until his injury

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time we've waived Hudson? I feel like we'll cut him at least 1 more time... Laughing

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That takes us to 75, right?

Then the big cut day will be Friday or Saturday after the last preseason game, depending on how long it takes to go through the tape.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

Then the big cut day will be Friday or Saturday after the last preseason game, depending on how long it takes to go through the tape.

yes, we are at 75 now. And i think it is by Sunday after the preseason game we have to be down to 53

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

yes, we are at 75 now. And i think it is by Sunday after the preseason game we have to be down to 53

Saturday at 6 PM, I saw on Twitter.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Actually, I think the team does exactly that. It's a professional sport, and they are acting professionally. The difference in salary is quite large between active and practice squad.

There are 2 reasons you have one on the PS. First, Nugent hasn't exactly been the model for staying healthy. Secondly, you have plenty of specuial teams practices going on all week. Quinn can do both. Keeping him as one of the 8 PS guys lessens the burden on Huber and Nugent throughout the season, and lets them practice specific things in those sessions without wearing out their legs.

I just don't really get the point on cutting a guy before the preseason is even over if hes on the radar to be brought back to the practice squad. 22 of those remaining guys that they will cut after this last preseason game, 8 of them will be heading the practice squad now. Or they will pick someone else up that was cut somewhere else and put them on there squad.

Of course now just recently today Richard Quinn signed with the cardinals, so if he was a guy they actually wanted to keep on the practice squad (even though hes not qualified) it would of been a complete mistake to cut him early if that were the case IMO.

And again, as for Nugent I'm aware that hes not exactly durable. But I have no problem whatsoever with going with a veteran off the streets compared to just keeping a K on the practice, which basically eats up a spot for others.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
nothing unexpected

I disagree. What's the deal with Bernard Scott? I'm pretty sure this means we cut him altogether, not that it would be a shocker. I never understood bringing him back, but they could have kept another o-lineman for the Colts game and keep the starters out of most of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: