Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kal-El

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Why would we want the bottom-of-the-barrel of all lesser teams? Neutral

Again, you think that our best 53 could not be improved upon by the 32 teams 37 cuts? 37x32=1184. But our 53 are the best 53 we could have?

On the first round of cuts, no, I don't think there is anyone that will help our 53. Next week, I may very well be singing a different tune. The guys that are cut right now, PS this year at best, if they're eligible.

This, to say nothing of the fact we're a very deep all-around team; we'll be cutting guys from our team that can start on many others' (D-line, for sure). This round of cuts? No chance. Next? Ehh... maybe K, only because Crosby is (was?) in a really bad funk. Apart from that, though, we're as good or better than any other team in the league in terms of all-around depth. Their scraps don't upgrade us.

Better: WR, TE, DL, LB, CB.
As good: QB (thanks to a free-agent signing, mark you), RB, OL, S.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone else is good enough to make this roster, you should be able to articulate why without using the broad umbrella of him being released by another team to get to 75.

Let's not pretend guys released this time of the year or earlier have never made anything of themselves.

It's a little arrogant to act like there's no chance that other team's earlier cuts contain zero guys better than any on our roster. It's more than a little arrogant...
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
If someone else is good enough to make this roster, you should be able to articulate why without using the broad umbrella of him being released by another team to get to 75.

Let's not pretend guys released this time of the year or earlier have never made anything of themselves.

It's a little arrogant to act like there's no chance that other team's earlier cuts contain zero guys better than any on our roster. It's more than a little arrogant...
Because those cut guys aren't useless, the guy on our roster are! Hundreds of guys didn't even make try outs. Why not sign some of them too?

HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, I'd love a few young, promising, developmental waiver wire claims at positions of need. Someone who isn't trying to prove that they still got it or that they're not a bust. We got a decent CB that way a few years back. Not likely we take anybody this late in the year though, especially with the current level of our depth, and the complexity of our system.
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbert Pena picked up by NE.

Always need to be looking to upgrade the roster!!!!!!!!!!!
McThreadski

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any available scat type backs out there? There has to be a few more guys that are on the smaller side of things that can do what Harris did.

Where is Sutton when ya' need him?

Seriously though, if they had a lot of the offense built around using Harris as a COP with Lacy, there should be other guys to fill that gap. We could trade for Quizz Rodgers if we pony up a TE and a RB.

Take Starks and Bostick and trade straight up for Quizz. Seems fair...
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
Any available scat type backs out there? There has to be a few more guys that are on the smaller side of things that can do what Harris did.

Seriously though, if they had a lot of the offense built around using Harris as a COP with Lacy, there should be other guys to fill that gap. We could trade for Quizz Rodgers if we pony up a TE and a RB.

We can just have Franklin do that. There are plenty of "guys" who are 5-8 200 and run a sub 4.5. Not many of them have the build and vision that Harris does. You undervalue just what a find we got in that kid. Rare pearl in the pig stye.

And your trade wouldn't even work in Madden. And if we really wanted a similar player to Harris, it'd be Kendall Hunter.
McThreadski

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:

We can just have Franklin do that. There are plenty of "guys" who are 5-8 200 and run a sub 4.5. Not many of them have the build and vision that Harris does. You undervalue just what a find we got in that kid. Rare pearl in the pig stye.

And your trade wouldn't even work in Madden. And if we really wanted a similar player to Harris, it'd be Kendall Hunter.

That wasn't meant to be a slight on Harris at all. He was a damn fine player and I have always said so. I was proposing he start the whole season before the draft.

My point with spitballing a trade for a guy like Rodgers was that Harris was a big part of our plans and if we need to have those plans come to fruition, we should look into a nicer player, not just hope some guy like Harris will stroll through the door two years in a row.

That particular trade may be unlikely, but if we need a scat back and have a surplus of TE's lying around, might as well work that angle. Toss in one of our backs that don't fit that mold and everything is ceteris paribus
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:

That wasn't meant to be a slight on Harris at all. He was a damn fine player and I have always said so. I was proposing he start the whole season before the draft.

My point with spitballing a trade for a guy like Rodgers was that Harris was a big part of our plans and if we need to have those plans come to fruition, we should look into a nicer player, not just hope some guy like Harris will stroll through the door two years in a row.

That particular trade may be unlikely, but if we need a scat back and have a surplus of TE's lying around, might as well work that angle. Toss in one of our backs that don't fit that mold and everything is ceteris paribus
Hell, throw in a WR while you're at it. Walker could get some buzz in conjunction. Starks may be widely viewed as damaged goods though.

Stephens-Howling anybody?
McThreadski

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:

Hell, throw in a WR while you're at it. Walker could get some buzz in conjunction. Starks may be widely viewed as damaged goods though.

See, now you're thinkin'. We're probably just going to cut Walker and may have cut Starks and Bostick too. Three good young guys for one good young guy? That seems really doable.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
McThreadski wrote:

See, now you're thinkin'. We're probably just going to cut Walker and may have cut Starks and Bostick too. Three good young guys for one good young guy? That seems really doable.
The Palmy's may end up cutting SH anyway, and like big backs like Starks. Plus they're running out of TE. They need a Tackle though.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, found one. Sign Da'Rick Rodgers. Or however he spells his name.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:

Danny Woodhead and Danny Amendola got cut by their teams and were only good enough for practice squads.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Ok, found one. Sign Da'Rick Rodgers. Or however he spells his name.
I still like Tommy Streeter. He's a tall fast WR, but without the attitude. Wuld not mind Da'Rick doe. May be humbled after cut... and undrafted... maybe.
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
Kal-El wrote:

Danny Woodhead and Danny Amendola got cut by their teams and were only good enough for practice squads.

Sometimes players are not good fits for the team they get cut by and are a better fit for other teams.

Some teams are just not good at evaluating the talent they have, and do not know how to use said talent. The Pro scouting group is always looking at players on other teams rosters to assess if they would be an upgrade over what we have.

Erik Walden, though not a spectacular talent nor the best example did come in and contribute (started several games including playoffs) in the super bowl run in 2010.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: