Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
S Kenny Phillips
Phillips couldn beat out Nate Allen, Pat Chung, or Kurt Coleman for a starter job or even a roster spot. Sometimes one man's trash is just trash.

Ronnell Lewis, and MAYBE (and that's a long, slim maybe) Quinten Salisbury.

Especially the #76-90 on the roster.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Why would we want the bottom-of-the-barrel of all lesser teams? Neutral

Again, you think that our best 53 could not be improved upon by the 32 teams 37 cuts? 37x32=1184. But our 53 are the best 53 we could have?

On the first round of cuts, no, I don't think there is anyone that will help our 53. Next week, I may very well be singing a different tune. The guys that are cut right now, PS this year at best, if they're eligible.

While this may be true, I don't necessarily buy into the line of thinking that there aren't one or two players to be had at this point in the process. Jarrett Boykin was released during rookie camp or OTAs by Jacksonville last year, and Chris Banjo looks like a guy who might make the team and was signed fairly late n the process. TT works in mysterious ways.
Kilr0y

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
S Kenny Phillips
Phillips couldn beat out Nate Allen, Pat Chung, or Kurt Coleman for a starter job or even a roster spot. Sometimes one man's trash is just trash.

Heaven forbid I list a few former high draft picks who have started multiple seasons in the NFL as potential pickups. No, no, no. That's just unthinkable! And in the first round of cuts no less?! Yes, well every man who is cut in the first round of cuts surely will be out of the NFL forever. Kenny Phillips career is done 100% for sure. The judgment of talent from the bottom basement NFL teams is just completely impeccable. It's amazing, really! I mean...he was cut by the Eagles. THE EAGLES! Couldn't even beat out two high second round draft picks who have started multiple seasons in the NFL. Must be total garbage.

Rolling Eyes Laughing

You guys know everything about everyone, huh? About four different people have come in here and made the point that if a guy is cut in the first round of cuts, then he's not worth our time. That's LUDICROUS. Like any team, we're thin at certain positions and players who are cut (first round, second round, final cut, whatever) are going to be an immediate improvement. I'm standing by it, I'll take Kenny Phillips over McMillan, Jennings, Banjo, and Hyde any day.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130724/PKR01/307240487/Training-camp-preview-Packers-thin-safety-deep-cornerback

I'm not, like, imagining things. We could use some experience at safety. You don't agree, then you don't agree whatever but don't throw ridiculous logic out there to justify it.

Cool

____
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

Kilr0y wrote:
squire12 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
S Kenny Phillips

Heaven forbid I list a few former high draft picks who have started multiple seasons in the NFL as potential pickups.
No, no, no. That's just unthinkable! And in the first round of cuts no less?! Yes, well every man who is cut in the first round of cuts surely will be out of the NFL forever. Kenny Phillips career is done 100% for sure. The judgment of talent from the bottom basement NFL teams is just completely impeccable. It's amazing, really! I mean...he was cut by the Eagles. THE EAGLES! Couldn't even beat out two high second round draft picks who have started multiple seasons in the NFL. Must be total garbage.

Rolling Eyes Laughing

You guys know everything about everyone, huh? About four different people have come in here and made the point that if a guy is cut in the first round of cuts, then he's not worth our time. That's LUDICROUS. Like any team, we're thin at certain positions and players who are cut (first round, second round, final cut, whatever) are going to be an immediate improvement. I'm standing by it, I'll take Kenny Phillips over McMillan, Jennings, Banjo, and Hyde any day.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130724/PKR01/307240487/Training-camp-preview-Packers-thin-safety-deep-cornerback

I'm not, like, imagining things. We could use some experience at safety. You don't agree, then you don't agree whatever but don't throw ridiculous logic out there to justify it.

Cool

____
In order, when he has proved he can't play on this level, yes. They call them busts for a reason, and you've listed a few. Yes Phillips' career is done, and it's because of INJURY. It happens. You've never seen the Eagles play if you're defending those guys. Philly is NEEDY at Safety and would probably kill for Jennings (not so much McMillian, they already have a bunch of box safeties)

Quality, believe it or not, can diminish, and potential can be cut short. Some guys just aren't any good, and some guys are never the same after injury. People change, go figure.

I know Phillips was successful in the past, just got cut from a similar system, and would come cheap, but the guy is done. I live near Philly and have seen the guy play. The only other Safeties on the market are all old, or career backups. If you want to sign one of the old guys to a cheap contract as a backup for some experience safety net, fine, but nobody out there will come in and knock the veterans we have at Safety out of the lineup, especially not with our complex system. You can't even expect them to be the same guy.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

Kilr0y wrote:
squire12 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
S Kenny Phillips

Heaven forbid I list a few former high draft picks who have started multiple seasons in the NFL as potential pickups. No, no, no. That's just unthinkable! And in the first round of cuts no less?! Yes, well every man who is cut in the first round of cuts surely will be out of the NFL forever. Kenny Phillips career is done 100% for sure. The judgment of talent from the bottom basement NFL teams is just completely impeccable. It's amazing, really! I mean...he was cut by the Eagles. THE EAGLES! Couldn't even beat out two high second round draft picks who have started multiple seasons in the NFL. Must be total garbage.

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Cool

____

Ah. So you are gonna be that guy this year.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have doubts anyone would kill to have MD Jennings on their roster.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Once again, watch an Eagles game. Jennings is already better than any of their Safeties. Pat Chung is their best guy at the position.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Once again, watch an Eagles game. Jennings is already better than any of their Safeties. Pat Chung is their best guy at the position.

Their defense is a complete joke from the game and a bit more I saw. It still doesn't mean they're dying to have MD Jennings on their roster. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing they have safety depth top or bottom. I'm just saying I don't think MDJ is much more than a couple clicks above a JAG.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickalicious is now on the market! C'mon TT, get off them hands!

(On a serious note, it would be nice to bring him in and see how he compares. Crosby has been solid since family night, but he still scares me...)

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Cundiff.....

But seriously, what is Garo Yepremian up to these days?
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Kickalicious is now on the market! C'mon TT, get off them hands!

(On a serious note, it would be nice to bring him in and see how he compares. Crosby has been solid since family night, but he still scares me...)
For 1 PS game?
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

Kilr0y wrote:

Ok, you offered nothing in there except for mindless babbling.

Kilr0y wrote:
You guys know everything about everyone, huh?

No, but I'd like for you to tell me why I should trust your judgement over people who work in NFL front offices.

Kilr0y wrote:
I'll take Kenny Phillips over McMillan, Jennings, Banjo, and Hyde any day.

Our logic is ridiculous? Your logic is to sign an injury prone Kenny Phillips(Or Tom Zbikowski) because he offers experience. Right.

The Packers defense was better last year when McMillian was on the field. I'd rather see what we have in him than sign any free agent on the market right now. One question - do you think these guys that got cut at the first opportunity teams could cut them could actually walk on the team and just start right away? Because if you do, I'm not even going to respond because that right there is the definition of ridiculous logic.

Dubyajay wrote:

Not sure why I even responded, but yeah..Its obvious he should be working in the NFL.

Sig brought to you by Justo

Last edited by ugLymayNe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:

IIRC he was that guy last year too.
CutList

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

Kilr0y wrote:
squire12 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Kilr0y wrote:
S Kenny Phillips

Rolling Eyes Laughing

The problem with Phillips is, he was never going to be a Packer for reasons that have nothing to do with Thompson's attitude toward free agents. From everything I've read it sounds as if he was well-liked during his time with the Giants. They just lost one of their starting safeties. If he was healthy enough to still be an NFL-caliber safety, he'd probably be heading to New York right now. The fact that they are apparently passing should tell you something about his health and his ability to still play the game at a high level. I read some questioning if he could even pass an NFL physical.

Plus, the Packers seem to be placing increasing value on speed and athleticism in the secondary. Phillips was once that guy. After all of the leg injuries he has had, I highly doubt that's the case anymore.

I have no problem with the idea of bringing a guy who was cut in, be it veteran or youngster (if I was putting together a projected roster right now I'd be tempted to list PTBNL as the top interior offensive line backup) but signing the biggest name available isn't necessarily the way to go.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude get everybodys elses cuts to replace our starters!!! THAT IS HOW YOU GET BETTER!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: