Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilr0y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Other Teams Cuts You'd Want Signed by Green Bay Reply with quote

One man's trash is another man's treasure. As we see teams make cuts, there are sure to be guys who might be an improvement at a position for Green Bay. A few guys who look OK to me (keep in mind it's very, very early):

K Quinn Sharp
K Dan Carpenter
S Kenny Phillips
S Tom Zbikowski

Obviously we have the kicker situation, and IMO we could also use some depth and/or experience at safety. As cuts keep coming, who do you think we should bring in? My list is: OT, Backup Center, Backup Safety, Kicker

___

Last edited by Kilr0y on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it's in our team's best interest to move a Dlineman for an Olineman for this season. Our depth on the Oline is atrocious.
Kilr0y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Think it's in our team's best interest to move a Dlineman for an Olineman for this season. Our depth on the Oline is atrocious.

Agree 100%, that'd be a logical and smart trade. I hope that a halfway decent OT gets cut, though. That's what I'm talking about here.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand signing a kicker because Crosby is garbage - but this is the first wave of cuts and you want to replace our guys with some one else's players that weren't good enough for their team. One of those teams being Philly, who is worse off than us at safety. Depth at safety would be great but we are heavy on DL, ILB and CB - when Hyde and Bush can play safety in a pinch. I don't see how Kenny Phillips or Zbikowski would be one on our 53 man roster. All the Packers need at safety is three players because the fourth wouldn't be on the game day roster. I think I would rather have Banjo on the practice squad until we need to elevate him than cut a guy like Jolly or a rookie players that won't make it to our practice squad.

Sig brought to you by Justo
av

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if healthy josh cribs, that would end the return problem
Kilr0y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
I understand signing a kicker because Crosby is garbage - but this is the first wave of cuts and you want to replace our guys with some one else's players that weren't good enough for their team. One of those teams being Philly, who is worse off than us at safety. Depth at safety would be great but we are heavy on DL, ILB and CB - when Hyde and Bush can play safety in a pinch. I don't see how Kenny Phillips or Zbikowski would be one on our 53 man roster. All the Packers need at safety is three players because the fourth wouldn't be on the game day roster. I think I would rather have Banjo on the practice squad until we need to elevate him than cut a guy like Jolly or a rookie players that won't make it to our practice squad.

Fair enough, I mean I said it's early and we're not gonna see too much just yet...but final cuts aren't too far away and there are going to be a lot of names out there. FWIW, Philly has a good pair of safetys and I'll agree to disagree on our safety depth.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm all for bringing in carpenter, just not the other guys you mentioned. zbikowski isn't very good and phillips hasn't recovered from all his injuries.

on another note, are there any guys on other teams that will likely be cut due to their teams lack of space and the depth at certain positions?
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Agree, cannot remember the last time it was this bad. Of course we are down two first round picks and a fourth round pick. Hopefully next year with some draft picks everything should be fixed right up. I just wonder who would get moved and for what.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far my list of look-in-to's includes:

N/A.

Anyone young and worth a damn is going to be held on to.
Any veteran is going to be 4th stringer and thus poor value towards winning games economically.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

N/A.

Any veteran is going to be 4th stringer and thus poor value towards winning games economically.

I agree the odds of us getting an olinemen for a team for nothing are well none-none. But maybe a depth dlinemen for a backup olinemen would work for a team that really needs dlinemen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

N/A.

Not even the kickers? Look, it's definitely early in the cuts...but to say that you don't think anyone of value to the Packers will be released is absurd. You would take our best 53 over EVERY team's 40 or so cuts? Really? There are a lot of reasons that guys are cut. Wrong system, wrong situation. I mean, the Bills cut Vince Young. There is going to be a lot of guys available and we are going to bring it at least one.

av wrote:
if healthy josh cribs, that would end the return problem

I really like this idea. We haven't had a high end returner since....Desmond Howard maybe? Ross and Hyde are too raw. I doubt many will agree with you/I on Cribbs though. Standard "Lulz the Raiders cut him he must be no good" comment even though we as fans typically have no idea specifically why a guy was cut.

_
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Agree, cannot remember the last time it was this bad. Of course we are down two first round picks and a fourth round pick. Hopefully next year with some draft picks everything should be fixed right up. I just wonder who would get moved and for what.

How about last year? You don't remember starting Herb Taylor at LT in preseason because Sherrod wasn't ready? This year is much better than last. Guys like Datko, Barklay and GVR were less experienced.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnell Lewis is the only one so far. Don't know if he has the smarts to pick up the playbook that quickly, but I was hoping he would fall to us last year. Guy was never a good fit in Detroit, maybe he might flash in a system that is better suited for him.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josh cribbs sucks.
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
josh cribbs sucks.

But he was good 5 years ago...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: