Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Round of Roster Cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSU, it's amazing how dense you are dude. I'm gonna leave it at that. You obviously haven't seen any of them play because your rankings of them have been completely off base.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6057
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last thing ill say on this ( i think), Banks is 6'2/6'3, 250 lbs and was one a highlty touted prospect and a good athlete in general let alone for his size. Paul Worrilow is maybe 6 feet and maybe weighs 230 lbs. He clearly looks small on the field. HEs doesnt particularly excel in coverage.

Neither should be seeing the field at all this season, but one has the protoypical frame, of a NFL lber, the other is well undersized for his strengths. To not factor in projection for roster moves is unrealistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2637
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Last thing ill say on this ( i think), Banks is 6'2/6'3, 250 lbs and was one a highlty touted prospect and a good athlete in general let alone for his size. Paul Worrilow is maybe 6 feet and maybe weighs 230 lbs. He clearly looks small on the field. HEs doesnt particularly excel in coverage.

Neither should be seeing the field at all this season, but one has the protoypical frame, of a NFL lber, the other is well undersized for his strengths. To not factor in projection for roster moves is unrealistic.


They play two different positions so comparing their size isn't the best way to go.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Last thing ill say on this ( i think), Banks is 6'2/6'3, 250 lbs and was one a highlty touted prospect and a good athlete in general let alone for his size. Paul Worrilow is maybe 6 feet and maybe weighs 230 lbs. He clearly looks small on the field. HEs doesnt particularly excel in coverage.

Neither should be seeing the field at all this season, but one has the protoypical frame, of a NFL lber, the other is well undersized for his strengths. To not factor in projection for roster moves is unrealistic.


Seriously?

again, obviously not watching football.

Brian Banks is 6'2" 250

Paul Worrilow is 6'1-1/2" 235. Runs a 4.6 in the 40. Has a short shuttle and 3-cone better than WEatherspoon. Do some research.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97650&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.50

yeah. Maybe you should actually watch them play. Worrilow is farther along now, IS 5 YEARS YOUNGER, and has Keith Brooking level potential.

Brian Banks will be nothing more than a Ted at best in a 3-4. He's not going to be more than a 2-down thumper in the NFL and has zero coverage instincts.

again, you should get some film from Worrilow in college. He's good. He should have gone in the 3rd-5th round of the draft based on film alone.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6057
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSU, it's amazing how dense you are dude. I'm gonna leave it at that. You obviously haven't seen any of them play because your rankings of them have been completely off base.


Why, because I dont agree with you. Im sorry, but its well established that preseason games dont really mean much to me. Fans, and that includes you, dont get to see everything that goes into this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, and since you can't figure out that PFF has preseason grades too:

Worrilow is graded as the 2nd best MLB in the NFL in the preseason. That's everyone. Not just backups. Only Daryl Smith has been better.

Worrilow has also graded out as the 3rd best coverage linebacker behind only Audie Cole and Luke Kuechly.

So please. Quit acting like you know how to scout prospects. Because it's obvious that you don;t.,
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2637
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting awfully hostile in here. Over crap we can't control.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6057
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Last thing ill say on this ( i think), Banks is 6'2/6'3, 250 lbs and was one a highlty touted prospect and a good athlete in general let alone for his size. Paul Worrilow is maybe 6 feet and maybe weighs 230 lbs. He clearly looks small on the field. HEs doesnt particularly excel in coverage.

Neither should be seeing the field at all this season, but one has the protoypical frame, of a NFL lber, the other is well undersized for his strengths. To not factor in projection for roster moves is unrealistic.


Seriously?

again, obviously not watching football.

Brian Banks is 6'2" 250

Paul Worrilow is 6'1-1/2" 235. Runs a 4.6 in the 40. Has a short shuttle and 3-cone better than WEatherspoon. Do some research.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97650&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.50

yeah. Maybe you should actually watch them play. Worrilow is farther along now, IS 5 YEARS YOUNGER, and has Keith Brooking level potential.

Brian Banks will be nothing more than a Ted at best in a 3-4. He's not going to be more than a 2-down thumper in the NFL and has zero coverage instincts.

again, you should get some film from Worrilow in college. He's good. He should have gone in the 3rd-5th round of the draft based on film alone.


Worrilow is listed both at Deleware and the NFL site at 6', 230 lbs. ANd i can use my eyes, he isnt 6'2. Why would his college especially list him smaller than he is? And please tell me you arent counting nfl draft scout as "research".

Banks has been out of football and has Ray Lewis potential. I said it so it must be true. He clearly would have gone in the first two rounds out of the draft. I can sput out random statements as well.

I dont mean any disrespect when i say this, buy why should anyone care on your opinion of a player is? I dont mean that as you shouldnt have one, just as are you or have you spent time as a scout or coach. Have you ever worked for an NFL team? Basically why should i take in your breakdown any differently than anyone elses here.

NFLdraftscout isnt a reputable source and wont be treated as such. Especially when all it does is pull #'s from a pro day. You really need to do better if you want to be taken seriously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6057
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
oh yeah, and since you can't figure out that PFF has preseason grades too:

Worrilow is graded as the 2nd best MLB in the NFL in the preseason. That's everyone. Not just backups. Only Daryl Smith has been better.

Worrilow has also graded out as the 3rd best coverage linebacker behind only Audie Cole and Luke Kuechly.

So please. Quit acting like you know how to scout prospects. Because it's obvious that you don;t.,


Breaking out PFF rankings isnt gonna help you. Theres a reason no one respects them.... theyre laughable.

And lets just agree to disagree, no need to get personal and start to argue about what people arent or havent been able/know how to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Last thing ill say on this ( i think), Banks is 6'2/6'3, 250 lbs and was one a highlty touted prospect and a good athlete in general let alone for his size. Paul Worrilow is maybe 6 feet and maybe weighs 230 lbs. He clearly looks small on the field. HEs doesnt particularly excel in coverage.

Neither should be seeing the field at all this season, but one has the protoypical frame, of a NFL lber, the other is well undersized for his strengths. To not factor in projection for roster moves is unrealistic.


Seriously?

again, obviously not watching football.

Brian Banks is 6'2" 250

Paul Worrilow is 6'1-1/2" 235. Runs a 4.6 in the 40. Has a short shuttle and 3-cone better than WEatherspoon. Do some research.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97650&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.50

yeah. Maybe you should actually watch them play. Worrilow is farther along now, IS 5 YEARS YOUNGER, and has Keith Brooking level potential.

Brian Banks will be nothing more than a Ted at best in a 3-4. He's not going to be more than a 2-down thumper in the NFL and has zero coverage instincts.

again, you should get some film from Worrilow in college. He's good. He should have gone in the 3rd-5th round of the draft based on film alone.


Worrilow is listed both at Deleware and the NFL site at 6', 230 lbs. ANd i can use my eyes, he isnt 6'2. Why would his college especially list him smaller than he is? And please tell me you arent counting nfl draft scout as "research".

Banks has been out of football and has Ray Lewis potential. I said it so it must be true. He clearly would have gone in the first two rounds out of the draft. I can sput out random statements as well.

I dont mean any disrespect when i say this, buy why should anyone care on your opinion of a player is? I dont mean that as you shouldnt have one, just as are you or have you spent time as a scout or coach. Have you ever worked for an NFL team? Basically why should i take in your breakdown any differently than anyone elses here.

NFLdraftscout isnt a reputable source and wont be treated as such. Especially when all it does is pull #'s from a pro day. You really need to do better if you want to be taken seriously.


And the Falcons list him at 6'1" 232. The same size they listed Keith Brooking at for 10 years... Again, how is this not good linebacker size?

NFL draft scout has accurate numbers from pro days and combines. that's ALL I use it for. Again, that's called research. Something you haven't done. Worrilow was a 3 star prospect. JUST LIKE BANKS. had offers from schools like Boston College and Syracuse. again
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2878580

Edit: offers were taken becuase he was academically ineligible after his 2008 senior year.

DO RESEARCH. WATCH FILM.

Because I get paid to scout and write about players by USA Today and Bleacher Report. Because I talk to people in the know. But again, you're gonna say, "your sources are unreliable." Buzz off with that crap.

Multiple scouts (from multiple teams) have told me Worrilow had a mid-round grade. I'm not just pulling crap out of my butt.

I've done actual research. I've watched ACTUAL FILM on Worrilow, Schiller, Banks, and Bartu. (I've gone through the All-22 for this preseason.) You're not even taking into account the basic info that I GAVE YOU.

Holy crap. Want some research I've done?

The Falcons have cut the players who don't play much in the preseason, guaranteed. If they get less than 40-50 snaps depending on the position, they are as good as gone (barring injury).

And in this case, Banks has seen 21 snaps. Total. The LOWEST of all 9 linebackers on the team. And he's seen them in the final drive when hte team was down. He's seen 1 pass coverage snap. So again, you are wrong here. And you are trying to make it personal because you haven't spent the time to do research for your argument.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux


Last edited by scar988 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
oh yeah, and since you can't figure out that PFF has preseason grades too:

Worrilow is graded as the 2nd best MLB in the NFL in the preseason. That's everyone. Not just backups. Only Daryl Smith has been better.

Worrilow has also graded out as the 3rd best coverage linebacker behind only Audie Cole and Luke Kuechly.

So please. Quit acting like you know how to scout prospects. Because it's obvious that you don;t.,


Breaking out PFF rankings isnt gonna help you. Theres a reason no one respects them.... theyre laughable.

And lets just agree to disagree, no need to get personal and start to argue about what people arent or havent been able/know how to do.
You're the one who made it personal.

Fine, how about this:

Paul Worrilow - plays with first team ST units. Has 2nd most snaps for backup LB's.

Brian Banks - hasn't played a snap of ST's at all. period. Has 21 total snaps. LOWEST of all 9 linebackers.

The Falcons have cut players who don't play more than 40-50 snaps in the preseason 90% of the time. (barring injury)

If you don't even see the field in preseason, the Falcons will cut you.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6057
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Last thing ill say on this ( i think), Banks is 6'2/6'3, 250 lbs and was one a highlty touted prospect and a good athlete in general let alone for his size. Paul Worrilow is maybe 6 feet and maybe weighs 230 lbs. He clearly looks small on the field. HEs doesnt particularly excel in coverage.

Neither should be seeing the field at all this season, but one has the protoypical frame, of a NFL lber, the other is well undersized for his strengths. To not factor in projection for roster moves is unrealistic.


Seriously?

again, obviously not watching football.

Brian Banks is 6'2" 250

Paul Worrilow is 6'1-1/2" 235. Runs a 4.6 in the 40. Has a short shuttle and 3-cone better than WEatherspoon. Do some research.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97650&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.97
3-Cone Drill: 6.50

yeah. Maybe you should actually watch them play. Worrilow is farther along now, IS 5 YEARS YOUNGER, and has Keith Brooking level potential.

Brian Banks will be nothing more than a Ted at best in a 3-4. He's not going to be more than a 2-down thumper in the NFL and has zero coverage instincts.

again, you should get some film from Worrilow in college. He's good. He should have gone in the 3rd-5th round of the draft based on film alone.


Worrilow is listed both at Deleware and the NFL site at 6', 230 lbs. ANd i can use my eyes, he isnt 6'2. Why would his college especially list him smaller than he is? And please tell me you arent counting nfl draft scout as "research".

Banks has been out of football and has Ray Lewis potential. I said it so it must be true. He clearly would have gone in the first two rounds out of the draft. I can sput out random statements as well.

I dont mean any disrespect when i say this, buy why should anyone care on your opinion of a player is? I dont mean that as you shouldnt have one, just as are you or have you spent time as a scout or coach. Have you ever worked for an NFL team? Basically why should i take in your breakdown any differently than anyone elses here.

NFLdraftscout isnt a reputable source and wont be treated as such. Especially when all it does is pull #'s from a pro day. You really need to do better if you want to be taken seriously.


And the Falcons list him at 6'1" 232. The same size they listed Keith Brooking at for 10 years... Again, how is this not good linebacker size?

NFL draft scout has accurate numbers from pro days and combines. that's ALL I use it for. Again, that's called research. Something you haven't done. Worrilow was a 3 star prospect. JUST LIKE BANKS. had offers from schools like Boston College and Syracuse. again
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2878580

DO RESEARCH. WATCH FILM.

Because I get paid to scout and write about players by USA Today and Bleacher Report. Because I talk to people in the know. But again, you're gonna say, "your sources are unreliable." Buzz off with that crap.

Multiple scouts (from multiple teams) have told me Worrilow had a mid-round grade. I'm not just pulling crap out of my butt.

I've done actual research. I've watched ACTUAL FILM on Worrilow, Schiller, Banks, and Bartu. (I've gone through the All-22 for this preseason.) You're not even taking into account the basic info that I GAVE YOU.

Holy crap. Want some research I've done?

The Falcons have cut the players who don't play much in the preseason, guaranteed. If they get less than 40-50 snaps depending on the position, they are as good as gone (barring injury).

And in this case, Banks has seen 21 snaps. Total. The LOWEST of all 9 linebackers on the team. And he's seen them in the final drive when hte team was down. He's seen 1 pass coverage snap. So again, you are wrong here. And you are trying to make it personal because you haven't spent the time to do research for your argument.


Again, we can agree to disagree. Ive listed out my beliefs, youve listed out yours. I dont call nfldraftscout research. I dont work at QT for 5 years then apply to a gas and oil company and say i have 5 years exp. I dont believe or trust any sources you claim to have. its best to just move on... we cleraly see it differently and arent changing our minds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6057
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
But this whole "Banks has upside" nonsense is just that. The coaches don't see him as anything other than a project. He's a great story, but as a football player, he's not the guy you want in the middle of your defense. Worrilow is.


I don't want either of them in the middle of our defense... Neither are good enough to play right now.


Its crazy that all that crap basically from me picking a guy that will never play on D to maybe make the team. Out of all the garbage that is in the thread now, most of it my fault at least theres something in there that sounds smart... Thank you Lentz Wink.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2637
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
But this whole "Banks has upside" nonsense is just that. The coaches don't see him as anything other than a project. He's a great story, but as a football player, he's not the guy you want in the middle of your defense. Worrilow is.


I don't want either of them in the middle of our defense... Neither are good enough to play right now.


Its crazy that all that crap basically from me picking a guy that will never play on D to maybe make the team. Out of all the garbage that is in the thread now, most of it my fault at least theres something in there that sounds smart... Thank you Lentz Wink.


Well it's true. lol
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BladeKor


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 884
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope James and Nicholas are cut next. I hope Schiller, Banks, Bartu and Worrilow makes the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group