Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Round of Roster Cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
WR's Jackson, Sales, and Evans were released. Down to Cone, Johnson, Moore, and Rodgers for the last spot assuming Davis is a lock. I think Cone or Johnson will take the last spot, with the other two being strong PS candidates.

I'd imagine that Cone makes the roster and Jackson the PS.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bartu is clearly leading the UDFA pack... behind him is Worrilow and then Schiller. Banks is headed to the PS. I'd take Worrilow over Banks all day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
But this whole "Banks has upside" nonsense is just that. The coaches don't see him as anything other than a project. He's a great story, but as a football player, he's not the guy you want in the middle of your defense. Worrilow is.

I don't want either of them in the middle of our defense... Neither are good enough to play right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like banks as a person, he's come across as very well spoken and thoughtful in all of the interviews I've seen. I almost want him on the team just because of the exceptional character he displays.

However, judging strictly from a play on the field standpoint I have to admit Worrilow would be a much better asset.

Bartu has got to be a lock, makes better plays than I've ever seen out of Schiller or James.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
But this whole "Banks has upside" nonsense is just that. The coaches don't see him as anything other than a project. He's a great story, but as a football player, he's not the guy you want in the middle of your defense. Worrilow is.

I don't want either of them in the middle of our defense... Neither are good enough to play right now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:

Its not nonsense. He lost a lot of time and hes just starting to get it back. Its silly to try and assert otherwise. Maybe he develops, maybe he doesnt but its certainly there.

I see a lot of concrete statements coming from you based on little or no facts. People are gping crazy for preseason performances vs players that will not be on nfl rosters in two weeks now. Theres no competition between Bartu and Worrilow, bartus clearly ahead. I still think the other three are about even, but to suggest Banks doesnt have more upside than the other two is just crazy.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Depth chart out:
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depth-chart.html

Looks like Worrilow has moved up to 2nd team while Bartu is still stuck in 3rd. Surprised to see that Bartu hasn't passed James at WLB

Also surprised to see Darius Johnson still behind Kevin Cone and James Rodgers at wideout.

2013 Foster a falcon
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Looks like Worrilow has moved up to 2nd team while Bartu is still stuck in 3rd. Surprised to see that Bartu hasn't passed James at WLB

Also surprised to see Darius Johnson still behind Kevin Cone and James Rodgers at wideout.

I wouldnt put much stock in this at all.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Yea me neither tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Yea me neither tbh.
Ya it does seem counterintuitive to how the coaches have been playing them and the results on the field, but then why put it up in the first place?

2013 Foster a falcon
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Yea me neither tbh.
Ya it does seem counterintuitive to how the coaches have been playing them and the results on the field, but then why put it up in the first place?

Dont hold me to this, but I think the league makes them.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Yea me neither tbh.

that they do. It's done as part of the fan engagement.

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Its not nonsense. He lost a lot of time and hes just starting to get it back. Its silly to try and assert otherwise. Maybe he develops, maybe he doesnt but its certainly there.

I see a lot of concrete statements coming from you based on little or no facts. People are gping crazy for preseason performances vs players that will not be on nfl rosters in two weeks now. Theres no competition between Bartu and Worrilow, bartus clearly ahead. I still think the other three are about even, but to suggest Banks doesnt have more upside than the other two is just crazy.

It's complete nonsense to believe that the team will keep him over a player who's been outperforming him. I'm not going crazy over preseason performance. I'm giving honest evals. Banks isn't even getting playing time versus these teams. He's gotten progressively less playing time in the three games. The last 2 games, he got a total of 9 snaps.

Also, you need to learn how to take heart out of your evals. Banks has looked behind hte ball in both practices and games. Not rusty, but like he's more than one step behind the other 7 linebackers. Clancy getting cut was a favor for Banks. Banks will not make the 53 man roster because Banks isn't a good enough football player to see any time.

Oh, and if they thought Banks was better than Worrilow, they'd play him more in the preseason. Current snap counts for the linebackers that aren't named Biermann, Dent, Spoon or Nicholas.

LB Joplo Bartu 110
LB Paul Worrilow 94
LB Pat Schiller 46
LB Robert James 25
LB Nick Clancy 23
LB Brian Banks 21

Banks has played the least amount of snaps because he's the slowest coming along. And the information I get isn't just outside observation.

Oh, and Worrilow is one of the few linebackers with special teams tackles. I also don't trust your scouting in any way if you don't think that Worrilow is any good. Especially because you obviously haven't watched him play at Delaware. Especially since you think linebackers are a tough transition from D1-AA to the pros. Especially for a guy who has the speed and strength that he and Bartu have. It's an instinctual position. If Dent goes down, I want Worrilow or Bartu in there. Not Banks. Banks is a practice squad guy at best.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Yea me neither tbh.

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

It's complete nonsense to believe that the team will keep him over a player who's been outperforming him. I'm not going crazy over preseason performance. I'm giving honest evals. Banks isn't even getting playing time versus these teams. He's gotten progressively less playing time in the three games. The last 2 games, he got a total of 9 snaps.

Also, you need to learn how to take heart out of your evals. Banks has looked behind hte ball in both practices and games. Not rusty, but like he's more than one step behind the other 7 linebackers. Clancy getting cut was a favor for Banks. Banks will not make the 53 man roster because Banks isn't a good enough football player to see any time.

Oh, and if they thought Banks was better than Worrilow, they'd play him more in the preseason. Current snap counts for the linebackers that aren't named Biermann, Dent, Spoon or Nicholas.

LB Joplo Bartu 110
LB Paul Worrilow 94
LB Pat Schiller 46
LB Robert James 25
LB Nick Clancy 23
LB Brian Banks 21

Banks has played the least amount of snaps because he's the slowest coming along. And the information I get isn't just outside observation.

Oh, and Worrilow is one of the few linebackers with special teams tackles. I also don't trust your scouting in any way if you don't think that Worrilow is any good. Especially because you obviously haven't watched him play at Delaware. Especially since you think linebackers are a tough transition from D1-AA to the pros. Especially for a guy who has the speed and strength that he and Bartu have. It's an instinctual position. If Dent goes down, I want Worrilow or Bartu in there. Not Banks. Banks is a practice squad guy at best.

This. Bartu should be a lock at this point to make the final 53. Worrilow should be right behind him. The updated depth chart means nothing. The first one that was put out had Clancy as Nicholas' backup IIRC. Clancy was cut. So yeah that depth chart means nothing. I honestly think Bartu could develop to be that athletic/coverage LB we've all been wanting. Give the guy some time to learn the system. Worrilow is right there behind him. Banks simply hasn't shown enough to warrant playing time in the preseason; the guy has the LEAST amount of snaps out of all the LBs. No way he makes the final 53. Like scar said, Banks is a PS guy at best.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, in tracking ST snaps, Banks hasn't seen a single one. Neither has Clancy. Worrilow and Bartu are on the first team ST units.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
New Depth chart out:

Yea me neither tbh.

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

LB Joplo Bartu 110
LB Paul Worrilow 94
LB Pat Schiller 46
LB Robert James 25
LB Nick Clancy 23
LB Brian Banks 21

Where have I said that i think the transition from college to NFL is tough, where have I said I havent seen Worrilow play? And to be completely honest, I dont care how much they play in the games theres too much that plays into it in the preseason. FOr the record, I said him, Schiller and Worrilow are all about even. Which they are imo and Banks undoubtedly has the most upside. I never want to see him or Worrilow or Schiller on the field for defense at all right now, but Banks could grow into something. If that lands him on the PS rather than the 53 than so be it.

Lastly, please never bring up or imply these sources you have. Ive seen it far too long and if they do exist they proved themself unreliable with the while Konz drafted as a guard.

oh, and im sure these coaches are basing decision a lot more off what they see in meetings and practice rather than the games, outside of extreme situations. So no one here is really able to give "honest evals" or know who is outperforming who.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: