Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Round of Roster Cuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: First Round of Roster Cuts Reply with quote

Quote:
Falcons cut 11 today: T Biere, D Campbell, N Clancy, C Cloherty, S Doege, C Henderson, J Nady, D Russell, T Sanders, M Smith, B Thurmond

Nothing all that shocking here.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. need 3 more. Neal Hyunh, Marcus Sales and Terrance Johnson make sense as the last 3.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys were all odd men out at their position battles all along. Definitely interested to see how the next round plays out.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see what happens with Brian Banks. I don't think he makes the team but I think he could make the PS.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of the guys deserved to make the team it'd be Clancy. I think Banks has a good shot at making the team bc I think after what he's shown at this level another team would pick him up off our PS. We took a chance on him first. We should stick with it. He's only going to get better.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
If any of the guys deserved to make the team it'd be Clancy. I think Banks has a good shot at making the team bc I think after what he's shown at this level another team would pick him up off our PS. We took a chance on him first. We should stick with it. He's only going to get better.
Banks hasn't shown enough to be an asset on a championship winning team. He's not better than Worrilow, Bartu or even Schiller. That's how these things work.

Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last three
Quote:
The Atlanta Falcons today announced that they have waived WR Rashad Evans, WR Marcus Jackson, and WR Marcus Sales.

XBL GT: L JGOLD L Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:
Banks hasn't shown enough to be an asset on a championship winning team. He's not better than Worrilow, Bartu or even Schiller. That's how these things work.

That's all your opinion. Bartu is early ahead of the others, and banks seems to be even with Schuller and worrilow. Neither has banks upside.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:

That's all your opinion. Bartu is early ahead of the others, and banks seems to be even with Schuller and worrilow. Neither has banks upside.

Totally agree

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worrilow has about the same upside as Banks. I think one of them ends up on the PS and the other gets a spot.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
JFalconFan wrote:

You obviously never watched Worrilow in college. He looked like Brooking out there. Schiller and Banks are playing with the 3rd teamers. If I had to depth it out right now based on how they've been used in preseason games it's:

1st team - WLB Weatherspoon, MLB Dent, SLB Nicholas/Biermann depending on package
2nd team - WLB Nicholas, MLB Worrilow, SLB Bartu
3rd team - WLB James, MLB Banks, SLB Schiller

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this whole "Banks has upside" nonsense is just that. The coaches don't see him as anything other than a project. He's a great story, but as a football player, he's not the guy you want in the middle of your defense. Worrilow is.

BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
But this whole "Banks has upside" nonsense is just that. The coaches don't see him as anything other than a project. He's a great story, but as a football player, he's not the guy you want in the middle of your defense. Worrilow is.

This. I'm rooting for Banks, but he's not even close to the player that Worrilow is.

Where did all this Worrilow hate come from, suddenly?

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
scar988 wrote:

This. I'm rooting for Banks, but he's not even close to the player that Worrilow is.

Where did all this Worrilow hate come from, suddenly?

I honestly don't get it. He's played well on ST's AND he's been a beast when he's come in on the 2nd teams. He's easily the 4th or 5th best linebacker on the team right now and the one competing with him to be the 4th best is Bartu, not Banks. Not Schiller and definitely not James.

swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR's Jackson, Sales, and Evans were released. Down to Cone, Johnson, Moore, and Rodgers for the last spot assuming Davis is a lock. I think Cone or Johnson will take the last spot, with the other two being strong PS candidates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: