Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final cuts: Watkins, Shepard, Harbor, Bamrio, Sims [pg.14]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Anyone know a site or the avergae age of the Eagles Team compared to the rest of the NFL? I know several key veterans like Vick, Cole, Avant, Peters and Herremans bring that number up. However we have to be among the leagues youngest teams I would think??

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/09/giants_have_sixth-oldest_nfl_team_by_average_age_in_2013_jets_eagles_among_10_youngest.html
Quote:
September 03, 2013

The Eagles landed at No. 10, slightly older with an average of 25.74. The Rams came in as the NFL's youngest team (24.9).

Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the 30+ purge a few years ago we were either the youngest or competing for the youngest in the league with Tampa for a while. We're bumping back up though.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
After the 30+ purge a few years ago we were either the youngest or competing for the youngest in the league with Tampa for a while. We're bumping back up though.
That is true. But also when you look at the averages, less than a year separates us from the youngest team. So it's not as if it's a wide margin here.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:
That is true. But also when you look at the averages, less than a year separates us from the youngest team. So it's not as if it's a wide margin here.

Yeah totally, we are young like really cause none of the old guys are really "concrete" franchise players, and in the long term scheme of things probably wont be here much longer, a few contracts expire, some pink slips and some more transition away from Reids players and this team average age is back in that lower 24 years old range and at the top of the league.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eagles have released CB Brandon Hughes, per a source.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/376381259741528065
Tom Brady Tribute
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

We're thinning out at DB... we have to be adding someone. With that said, Hughes was hurt anyways.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Who are we bringing in... So exciting!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Chip Kelly's familiarity with Jeff Maehl but I gotta be honest, pretty disappointed that neither Salas or Shepard made the team.

Would have been nice if you guys had another guy who could make some plays with the loss of Maclin. Not that either one of those guys could hold a candle to Maclin but at least there was a chance that they could make big time plays on the field with Jackson or with him off of it
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
I understand Chip Kelly's familiarity with Jeff Maehl but I gotta be honest, pretty disappointed that neither Salas or Shepard made the team.

Would have been nice if you guys had another guy who could make some plays with the loss of Maclin. Not that either one of those guys could hold a candle to Maclin but at least there was a chance that they could make big time plays on the field with Jackson or with him off of it

Fact is Sheppard was way over rated in this forum , basically this years Training Camp hero. Salas I agree made plays at times but he too didn't light the world on fire either. Just a name who's yet to live up to the hype. Yes Maehl is a unknown to all of us but if anyone knows what he is capable of it would be Kelly. Chip has already on numerous occasions talked about depth players and ST. If indeed Maehl is the better ST player that is why he wad kept.

From what I saw (grain of salt) from the Jets game Maehl not only catches everything in sight something both of the others struggled at he tends to get open. If He he ends up being a possesion reciever who moves the chains and ST contributor , I have no issues with it TBH. For years we all "trusted" AR's decesion making on roster spots "just because". I'm taking the same approach with Kelly until proven wrong especially when it concerns former players he's familiar with. Something we are not.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 4 Gm/ 20 Rec/ 353 Yds/ 3 TD/ 17.7 YPC/
nlesthought

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard somebody who could play ST is the first priority, Hughes was ruled out for #MNF

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I heard somebody who could play ST is the first priority, Hughes was ruled out for #MNF

I've always thought special teams were underrated, but I think we're going a little too far the other direction. The Bills had the best special teams in the league for most of the last decade and yet they have been terrible. Special teams are not a third of the game. Yes, they help a lot. Starting at the 40 is a lot better than the 25, and you definitely don't want someone to muff anything.

But it doesn't matter if the the other team's offense starts at the 10 instead of the 25 if you give up 5 yards per carry and 10 per pass attempt. Any decent team will make up that 15 yards against our defense quite easily.

Same goes for offense. Doesn't matter if we start at the 40 if Vick turns it over when we get to the redzone.

Since we cut Hughes, we should be looking at potential pass rushers and corners who could make a difference. Maybe they aren't polished, maybe they are coming off an injury, but we should get someone with potential. It's not like all 53 guys dress each week, so stashing some potential guy on the roster won't kill us.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
so stashing some potential guy on the roster won't kill us.

I agree with this. But I think it's important that your backups can play ST well. Chaney had little interest in ST. Brian Rolle pretty much said he was too good for ST after his rookie year.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like the 3 safety thing we saw in the preseason is going to be a big part of our nickel and dime packages.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
BBIB wrote:

Fact is Sheppard was way over rated in this forum , basically this years Training Camp hero. Salas I agree made plays at times but he too didn't light the world on fire either. Just a name who's yet to live up to the hype. Yes Maehl is a unknown to all of us but if anyone knows what he is capable of it would be Kelly. Chip has already on numerous occasions talked about depth players and ST. If indeed Maehl is the better ST player that is why he wad kept.

From what I saw (grain of salt) from the Jets game Maehl not only catches everything in sight something both of the others struggled at he tends to get open. If He he ends up being a possesion reciever who moves the chains and ST contributor , I have no issues with it TBH. For years we all "trusted" AR's decesion making on roster spots "just because". I'm taking the same approach with Kelly until proven wrong especially when it concerns former players he's familiar with. Something we are not.

And on top of that, Maehl will do whatever Kelly asks without hesitation. He plays extremely hard and is not afraid of contact, he plays really tough and that makes a big difference on special teams. He's a Colt Anderson type player, and Colt is one of my favorite Eagles despite the fact that he isn't all that talented.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
so stashing some potential guy on the roster won't kill us.

I agree with this. But I think it's important that your backups can play ST well. Chaney had little interest in ST. Brian Rolle pretty much said he was too good for ST after his rookie year.

Yeah but if we're looking to fill Hughes' roster spot a guy who can develop into a potential starter (even if it isn't this year) is a bigger priority than a special teams ace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: