Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders roster cutdowns: QB Wilson, LB Gaither, DE Bass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Cut these guys

P Kluwue out of respect so he can land somewhere
G Mady- boy does he suck, thought he could be a gem too
S Shelton Johnson- just remember him missing a couple tackles
CB Mitchell white - camp fodder

Cut Kluwe and have who hold the ball for the Raiders MVP? It's clear they are not comfortable w/ King as the holder.

I know.... hold 2 punters and 4 QBs!!

Why does a punter have to hold? Stupid IMO that is has become common practice. You have a punter to punt. We should just let a QB hold and keep King. I don't know how this is even a debate with Kluwe. The guy's leg isn't what it used to be and he has no upside. King has been as consistent as Kluwe even according to Allen. Plus he has plenty of time ahead of him to get better. Even if he doesn't, punters like Kluwe are a dime a dozen. He's a unique person for sure, but nothing special as a punter.

+1

I don't see why King would have to be the holder. Just have a backup QB do it or anyone for that matter who is comfortable doing it.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Cut these guys

Cut Kluwe and have who hold the ball for the Raiders MVP? It's clear they are not comfortable w/ King as the holder.

Why does a punter have to hold? Stupid IMO that is has become common practice. You have a punter to punt. We should just let a QB hold and keep King. I don't know how this is even a debate with Kluwe. The guy's leg isn't what it used to be and he has no upside. King has been as consistent as Kluwe even according to Allen. Plus he has plenty of time ahead of him to get better. Even if he doesn't, punters like Kluwe are a dime a dozen. He's a unique person for sure, but nothing special as a punter.

+1

I don't see why King would have to be the holder. Just have a backup QB do it or anyone for that matter who is comfortable doing it.

Agreed. Basing a punting starter choice on who is holding is a bit moronic. Have Flynn, Pryor, Streater, Reece, Rivera, anyone do it who can do it automatic if King can't. Someone has to be able to, don't tell me Kluwe is the only guy on the team who can get a ball down for a kick.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure punters hold because of how practice is set up. Punters and kickers and longsnappers are together practicing 90 percent of the time. If another player was to be holder they would miss large amounts of practice time. Even backup qbs need to be with their group to learn. This is also the reason why teams have a longsnapper and dont just use centers. And yes its possible Kluwe(sp) is the only one getting it done. He is the only one that's been doing it for any amount of time. If you think losing condo was bad imagine Jano missing even 25 percent of his kicks just due to poor holding.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD cut by Steelers.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Cut these guys

All I know is Janikowski wasn't happy w/ King on a hold on a missed FG. Kluwe has been the holder 95% of the time.

If a QB can do it, then why are they not trying to get a QB to do it because I agree. I just don't think they want King holding the ball for Jano. He hardly ever does it.

Yeah, I think Tyler Wilson would be a better option. It'd be an opportunity to get Wilson on the field around some veterans and a contributor to the team. Ultimately, Wilson will probably develop into a career very solid backup anyways (Friesz, Volek, etc).

Jano, Condo & Lechler had been together for almost a decade and were a close unit with chemistry. Jano did seem very upset with King on the hold. Personally I thought Jano's reaction was way overblown. I can't see those veterans having the patience to teach the rookie that was the catalyst (in their eyes) for ousting their longtime friend let alone suffering through his growing pains. King isn't going to ever break through with them imvho.

Kluwe gets the nod because of accuracy, holding and chemistry. King needs one more developmental season to improve his accuracy. It would be a shame to lose King.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the kick where King was holding like 15 times in a row. I couldnt see where he made a mistake. Had the ball down as fast as possible. Maybe Jano just had it in his head that King was going to screw it up.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Cut these guys

All I know is Janikowski wasn't happy w/ King on a hold on a missed FG. Kluwe has been the holder 95% of the time.

If a QB can do it, then why are they not trying to get a QB to do it because I agree. I just don't think they want King holding the ball for Jano. He hardly ever does it.

Yeah, I think Tyler Wilson would be a better option. It'd be an opportunity to get Wilson on the field around some veterans and a contributor to the team. Ultimately, Wilson will probably develop into a career very solid backup anyways (Friesz, Volek, etc).

Jano, Condo & Lechler had been together for almost a decade and were a close unit with chemistry. Jano did seem very upset with King on the hold. Personally I thought Jano's reaction was way overblown. I can't see those veterans having the patience to teach the rookie that was the catalyst (in their eyes) for ousting their longtime friend let alone suffering through his growing pains. King isn't going to ever break through with them imvho.

Kluwe gets the nod because of accuracy, holding and chemistry. King needs one more developmental season to improve his accuracy. It would be a shame to lose King.

Problem with Wilson doing it is you have to use a guy who will be active on Gameday. We don't even know if Wilson makes the team, and if he does we can be pretty sure he won't be active on gamedays.

To the guy who said it is a guy in his position group because of the practice setup, that makes alot of sense.

And to the guy who said it could be a Condo debacle replay, the answer is yes. Hopefully they learned from last year to have a second capable individual to do such tasks, or it could be equally disastrous.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
DVD cut by Steelers.

SHOCKER.....

DVD was freaking terrible. The amount some of us Raider fans go to bat for the terrible 'talent' on this team is hilarious.

It's amazing how quickly these former Raiders fizzle out and just shows how poorly the talent is in Oakland when we actually cry over getting rid of some of the scrubs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Cut these guys

Problem with Wilson doing it is you have to use a guy who will be active on Gameday. We don't even know if Wilson makes the team, and if he does we can be pretty sure he won't be active on gamedays.

To the guy who said it is a guy in his position group because of the practice setup, that makes alot of sense.

And to the guy who said it could be a Condo debacle replay, the answer is yes. Hopefully they learned from last year to have a second capable individual to do such tasks, or it could be equally disastrous.

Next year for sure I would like to take a look at a guy like Greg Jenkins for the job. He is active as returner and is an ex-QB. Perfect job for him.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DVD cut by Steelers.

SHOCKER.....

DVD was freaking terrible. The amount some of us Raider fans go to bat for the terrible 'talent' on this team is hilarious.

It's amazing how quickly these former Raiders fizzle out and just shows how poorly the talent is in Oakland when we actually cry over getting rid of some of the scrubs.

+1

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
DVD cut by Steelers.

SHOCKER.....

I was heated when we drafted him. He was projected as a 7th rounder and Al took him in the 3RD!!! We could have drafted Jah Reid.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd def take my chances on Da'Rick Rodgers tbh, can't hurt. Same with DE Louis Nzegwu from Carolina.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what happened that caused Kenny Phillips to be released. I thought he would be in line for a lot of PT, or to start on that defense.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I'd def take my chances on Da'Rick Rodgers tbh, can't hurt. Same with DE Louis Nzegwu from Carolina.

Why? He wouldn't be in the top 6 options at WR in Oakland. He's not very good and has a bad attitude to boot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I wonder what happened that caused Kenny Phillips to be released. I thought he would be in line for a lot of PT, or to start on that defense.

Injury prone.

SaveourSonics wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: