Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers roster cutdowns: WR Hines, DT Pena, WR Wilson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Packers roster cutdowns: WR Hines, DT Pena, WR Wilson Reply with quote

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers have signed K Zach Ramirez and released WR Alex Gillett, QB Graham Harrell, WR Omarius Hines, RB Angelo Pease, DT Gilbert Peņa and WR Justin Wilson. The transactions were announced Sunday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-announce-players-released-sign-kicker/016bfee9-3fac-4e18-873a-3f5f8bfb9538?campaign=t130825
Tom Brady Tribute
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what's the point of signing that Kicker if you don't get rid of one of the other 2.

Even if he does stick with us for another week I highly doubt he'll get any kicking time.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many more until 75?
SDN40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
Don't know what's the point of signing that Kicker if you don't get rid of one of the other 2.

Even if he does stick with us for another week I highly doubt he'll get any kicking time.

I think this is good news. They won't cut Crosby until they are sure they have an upgrade. They are still looking. They may not be showing the sense of urgency that some fans would like - but they are still looking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is this Zach Ramirez he has got nice leg strength at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpM36MOI_lQ

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
justo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramirez/Brown was one of two PSU guys I brought up when Palmy asked about small school prospects. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I REALLY wanted Zach, and was upset we didn't sign him. After all the defense of Tavecchio's leg, this signing kinda says it all. Kinda surprised to see Pease get cut.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
You know, I REALLY wanted Zach, and was upset we didn't sign him. After all the defense of Tavecchio's leg, this signing kinda says it all. Kinda surprised to see Pease get cut.

Pease looked terrible on the field. We've got 5 RB's who are head and shoulders above him, not sure how that could kinda surprise anyone.

Wonder if Pena will get PS'd or picked up anywhere else, I thought he looked pretty solid.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's likely one player that we just cut that will make PS. Not a lot of teams are likely to ADD when they are supposed to be subtracting bodies.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
There's likely one player that we just cut that will make PS. Not a lot of teams are likely to ADD when they are supposed to be subtracting bodies.

If they had any intention of keeping someone on the practice squad, they probably would have made this cut and been kept until the 53.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Jonathan Franklin's Twitter

Quote:
I've been down but i had to realize my God isn't football but my God is awesome and as long as i have him i have peace. My life is yours GOD

Quote:
With that said, I am thankful for My God humbling me to realize that, I'm here to be a light and God give me strength to do that!

What do you make of this? Seems kind of ominous...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:
I've been down but i had to realize my God isn't football but my God is awesome and as long as i have him i have peace. My life is yours GOD

Quote:
With that said, I am thankful for My God humbling me to realize that, I'm here to be a light and God give me strength to do that!

That even though his start to pro football hasn't been great, he still has his head up (because of his God) and is going to continue to work? I don't see how you can read that ominously.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

That even though his start to pro football hasn't been great, he still has his head up (because of his God) and is going to continue to work? I don't see how you can read that ominously.

The twitter rumor mill is running wild, I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary, but when you've been underwhelming in camp you never know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's easy to forget how young these kids are and how much time we spend dissecting them. The ones who are all business from the get-go are the ones I don't trust.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's easy to forget how young these kids are and how much time we spend dissecting them. The ones who are all business from the get-go are the ones I don't trust.
I could post similar recent tweets from half the roster. Their friends just got cut, and they're preparing themselves for a possible cut, seeking solace where they can. This does not by any means we put all our eggs in Lacy's basket. We'll just have to wait for the reporters to do their job. Ted has cut 1 4th round pick in the past 8 years

Last edited by HyponGrey on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: