Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens roster cutdowns: TE Shaincoe, WR Steeter, LB Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Ravens roster cutdowns: TE Shaincoe, WR Steeter, LB Hall Reply with quote

Quote:
Tommy Streeter, a wide receiver whom the Ravens selected in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL draft, will exit Baltimore with zero career catches.

A league source tells PFT that the Ravens have cut Streeter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/25/tommy-streeters-tenure-in-baltimore-ends-without-a-catch/

Update:
Quote:
#Ravens cut TE Shiancoe, WR Streeter, RB Berry, WR Carter, G Cornell, LB Hall, G Harewood, T Mims, DB Lee, DE Pericak, Sheppard, LB Williams

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/371658752199360512
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:43 am; edited 4 times in total
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's two down (Reed, Streeter) one more to go (Doss)

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also released Bryan Hall.

I liked Hall. I think it was a little to premature to cut him. At least give him one more shot in the last preseason game to prove himself. The guy was making big hits the whole offseason.

Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm truly amazed that Tommy Streeter has been cut. He looked so impressive in training camp and pre-season. Laughing

Anyway, that's one guy they won't need to give reps to next week.

Shame about Bryan Hall, though. Losing all that weight and transitioning to LB after the team asked him to, and he did make some big hits in the pre-season games. I'd have liked to see him stick around on ST.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ravens have also cut cornerback Moe Lee

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/371657308792565763
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
Quote:
#Ravens cut TE Shiancoe, WR Streeter, RB Berry, WR Carter, G Cornell, LB Hall, G Harewood, T Mims, DB Lee, DE Pericak, Sheppard, LB Williams

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/371658752199360512
Tom Brady Tribute
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see Harewood cut, really. Thought he'd make the roster as a depth guy.

Quite pleased that Shiancoe's gone, because it increases Furstenburg's chances of making the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Shiancoe had more left in the tank than Clark. Just my personal opinion.

Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
I thought Shiancoe had more left in the tank than Clark. Just my personal opinion.

Unless Clark improves in the last pre-season game, I'd say he's far from on the roster as well. He's not shown much of anything, and Ed Dickson is supposed to be getting healthy sooner rather than later.

Plus, with Stokley looking good as a 3rd down possession guy, Clark might find himself less useful than he hoped.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiancoe - Kind of a surprise, at least in the first round of cuts. Seems like the team prefers receiving TEs this year (no surprise why though). It's looking like a Dickson/Clark/Furstenberg TE group. I'm worried about Clark but if he struggles I'd be excited to see what Furstenberg could do in a real game too.

Streeter - I thought the Ravens might fake an injury to keep him on IR but cutting him outright isn't a big surprise. Disappointing, but only because of what he could be with his physical tools.

Berry - Never seemed to ever be a threat to make the roster in his time with the Ravens.

Carter - Camp fodder.

Cornell - Higher quality camp fodder.

Hall - He was one of those guys you're always pulling for. I'm not surprised he got cut given the guys ahead of him at ILB (Smith, Brown, Bynes, McClellan, McClain) but it's sad to see him go nonetheless.

Harewood - Not unexpected. With the additions of Shipley and Wagner the Ravens have better depth options and they might want to only carry 7 OL on the roster to keep a better overall football player at a different position.

Mims - Might be a practice squad candidate if he still has eligibility but other than that he's not much more than camp fodder.

Lee - Somewhat surprised by this one. I thought he had a better shot at making the roster than Anthony (who could still get cut but I doubt it). Practice squad candidate.

Pericak - Too deep along the DL to keep him around. Practice squad candidate.

Sheppard - Camp fodder.

Williams - I think a lot of us were intrigued by Meshak but the Ravens just have too much depth at OLB to find a spot for him. Practice squad candidate.

Hamilton to IR - Yep. Like the reasoning with Williams there was just too much depth to keep him on the active roster and the timing of his injury was fortunate for the team in this aspect. [/quote]
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Shiancoe - Kind of a surprise, at least in the first round of cuts. Seems like the team prefers receiving TEs this year (no surprise why though). It's looking like a Dickson/Clark/Furstenberg TE group. I'm worried about Clark but if he struggles I'd be excited to see what Furstenberg could do in a real game too.

There's still Bajema, as a purely blocking TE. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him make the cut, at the expense of Furstenburg. I'd be extremely disappointed, but not that surprised.

But Furstenburg was known as a blocker at Maryland, so should be solid enough, and Dickson was used as a blocker more than a pass catcher last year as well.

And, of course, there's Juszczyk, who can go in there and block on the line as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Streeter - I thought the Ravens might fake an injury to keep him on IR but cutting him outright isn't a big surprise. Disappointing, but only because of what he could be with his physical tools.

Berry - Never seemed to ever be a threat to make the roster in his time with the Ravens.

Carter - Camp fodder.

Cornell - Higher quality camp fodder.

Hall - He was one of those guys you're always pulling for. I'm not surprised he got cut given the guys ahead of him at ILB (Smith, Brown, Bynes, McClellan, McClain) but it's sad to see him go nonetheless.

Harewood - Not unexpected. With the additions of Shipley and Wagner the Ravens have better depth options and they might want to only carry 7 OL on the roster to keep a better overall football player at a different position.

Mims - Might be a practice squad candidate if he still has eligibility but other than that he's not much more than camp fodder.

Lee - Somewhat surprised by this one. I thought he had a better shot at making the roster than Anthony (who could still get cut but I doubt it). Practice squad candidate.

Pericak - Too deep along the DL to keep him around. Practice squad candidate.

Sheppard - Camp fodder.

Williams - I think a lot of us were intrigued by Meshak but the Ravens just have too much depth at OLB to find a spot for him. Practice squad candidate.

Hamilton to IR - Yep. Like the reasoning with Williams there was just too much depth to keep him on the active roster and the timing of his injury was fortunate for the team in this aspect.
[/quote]

I'd agree with the evals for the most part, with the exception being your views regarding practice squad candidates. Generally practice squaders tend to stick around through the last week of the pre season.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

There's still Bajema, as a purely blocking TE. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him make the cut, at the expense of Furstenburg. I'd be extremely disappointed, but not that surprised.

But Furstenburg was known as a blocker at Maryland, so should be solid enough, and Dickson was used as a blocker more than a pass catcher last year as well.

And, of course, there's Juszczyk, who can go in there and block on the line as well.

I think it was somebody here that said even though Bajema is called a blocking TE he's not very good at it. He's just worse at being a receiving TE. Laughing
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing too surprising there.

Interesting that Clark outlasted Shiancoe when he was clearly outperformed in the pre-seasons.

Marlon Brown essentially took Streeters H/W/S WR spot so they were was no use persisting with him any more Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen with Shianco, but I was getting the feeling that he would get cut... he just dropped too many balls, he didn't have natural hands.

I think Bajema likely gets the last TE spot with the team trying to sneak Furstenburg onto the practice squad.

Though I also expect both Bejama and Fustenburg to see plenty of time in this 4th game to compete for the job. So it wouldn't surprise me if Furstenburg makes the team outright, especially since I'd expect him to be more valuable to the special teams units with his athleticism/blocking combination.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: