Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release Graham Harrell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StinkySauce wrote:
justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Nelson-------Bakhitiari-Sitton-EDS-Lang-Barclay----Finley--------------Cobb

----------------------------Rodgers---Young----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Lacy---------------------------------------------

Combo-Breaker

Defense expects Rodgers to take the snap. EDS snaps it to Young. Defense poops. Touchdown.
As a center in that system ( . . . ).

What are you doing this fall? Maybe we don't need GVR.
We should honestly ask Palmy if he's willing to put the cleats back on..
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Justis even out of HS long enough to be in the NFL?

On topic:
This was probably a year too late. But I'm not really celebrating. He was a bad player. But seemed to be a good enough guy. Celebrate when a prick gets cut.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

On topic:
This was probably a year too late. But I'm not really celebrating. He was a bad player. But seemed to be a good enough guy. Celebrate when a prick gets cut.

#RandyMossRetired!

Worst part about that is he somehow got a job with fox...?

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
justo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I'll be ready by the 2015 preseason. Promise.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
StinkySauce wrote:
justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Nelson-------Bakhitiari-Sitton-EDS-Lang-Barclay----Finley--------------Cobb

----------------------------Rodgers---Young----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Lacy---------------------------------------------

Combo-Breaker

Defense expects Rodgers to take the snap. EDS snaps it to Young. Defense poops. Touchdown.
As a center in that system ( . . . ).

What are you doing this fall? Maybe we don't need GVR.
We should honestly ask Palmy if he's willing to put the cleats back on..

My shoulder started hurting just reading that.... Laughing

As for the cut. Wish Harrell nothing but the best. Man did it right and collected a years worth of NFL paychecks with that talent because of it. Can hold his head high IMO.

Like the move though. As I'm sure most of you know by now, have always been a fan of good legs off the bench at position for a host of reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinapacker1 wrote:
gregoreo22 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Don't really enjoy celebrating a grown man's release from a football team, it sucks being fired. I wish the best for Graham, but he just wasn't cut out for it. Hopefully he finds a new calling.

VY coming in to supplant your 2nd string QB is hardly an excuse for rejoicing in the streets, in my humble opinion. Harrell was an excellent college QB, who I'm sure they hoped could turn into a reliable game manager...just didn't have an NFL arm.

HARRELL!!1!1!!!!?

Well, they thought the same thing about Brohm. He didn't materialize either.

Vince Young got judged too quickly for a few episodes he had here.

I'm not assessing Young in a Packers uniform -- that would be unfair. It's more of a body-of-work thing...
I hope the staff here does whatever they did to Matt Flynn, to VY. If they can work some magic, he could be the best backup in the league. Will I hold my breath? Negatory.
jiggad369

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the only person who feels sorry for the guy.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiggad369 wrote:

I know it sucks for him right now and wish him well. Let's be real here though. Man got a MUCH better look than many and with less talent than most. Just sayin, sorry is not the word I would use.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
jiggad369 wrote:

I know it sucks for him right now and wish him well. Let's be real here though. Man got a MUCH better look than many and with less talent than most. Just sayin, sorry is not the word I would use.

I agree.

He and Doug Pederson should run camps for kids with noodle arms that understand everything else about the game. Call it Back-Up U, or something with a little spice.

I give any guy credit for getting a nice paycheck for holding a clipboard for a few years.

That's not a bad little nest egg either for Harrell. A guy in his late twenties with quite a bit of coin set aside can do a lot of things.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiggad369 wrote:

I feel bad for the guy, but I think he'll land on his feet. By all accounts, he's a smart guy whose head and character was far and away ahead of his actual talent, and guys like that tend to make good coaches. I've heard he's interested in coaching actually, so if he doesn't get another NFL look (which is far from improbable) he could probably land a coaching intern gig at whatever level in short order.
bstars4evr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really happy with Vince moving forward as our backup... If god forbid something happens to rodgers, we would have to do an entirely different game plan. On paper, this sounds bad but i'm actually really happy with it because then the defenses are prepared for an entirely different game plan so they will be more lost then we are

Aaron Rodgers wrote:
So what if the Dos Equis' man told me I was the world's most interesting man
strat1080

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bstars4evr wrote:
Really happy with Vince moving forward as our backup... If god forbid something happens to rodgers, we would have to do an entirely different game plan. On paper, this sounds bad but i'm actually really happy with it because then the defenses are prepared for an entirely different game plan so they will be more lost then we are

It would probably just be a simplified offense with some wrinkles thrown in. McCarthy's a smart guy. He will get production out of somebody as talented as VY. With VY though, I think he really gives you a chance to win some games if something were to happen to Rodgers. You can't coach talent into a player. Harrell just lacked the talent to play the position. He knew the offense very well but the offense was just to limited with him out there. He just didn't have an NFL arm.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
bstars4evr wrote:

It would probably just be a simplified offense with some wrinkles thrown in. McCarthy's a smart guy. He will get production out of somebody as talented as VY. With VY though, I think he really gives you a chance to win some games if something were to happen to Rodgers. You can't coach talent into a player. Harrell just lacked the talent to play the position. He knew the offense very well but the offense was just to limited with him out there. He just didn't have an NFL arm.

Could not agree more with that post. Deeper than that though. Young is very much so the type of QB that can make things happen out there on low reps, and reps are harder and harder to come by as the season moves on. Even more so with the new CBA in hand. Let Mac work with those feet and this thing might work out for everyone both short and long term.

Could be a great long term backup if another shot is not out there for him as well. Young would be a great guy to have "in the room" and he can run Rodgers playbook.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
bstars4evr wrote:

Could not agree more with that post. Deeper than that though. Young is very much so the type of QB that can make things happen out there on low reps, and reps are harder and harder to come by as the season moves on. Even more so with the new CBA in hand. Let Mac work with those feet and this thing might work out for everyone both short and long term.

Could be a great long term backup if another shot is not out there for him as well. Young would be a great guy to have "in the room" and he can run Rodgers playbook.

Agree. VY seems like the type of player that if surrounded by the talent GB has at WR/TE/RB, you could scratch some plays in the dirt and he could make somethings happen in a pinch.

MM certainly needs to have a few things in the playbook in the "just in case" section if Rodgers goes down and VY is at the helm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: