Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release Graham Harrell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 2235
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green 01 wrote:
VY working his way up the latter..Rodgers better look out.


thats the only rational way to look at it. finally we have a QB we can count on for his arm and not his mobility.
_________________
Cutler Cutlering. Its so beautiful - Bears Are Legit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kal-El


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3855
Location: Milwaukee, WI. Team: Packers.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who? Oh, you mean Graham Terrible. Huzzah!!!


DannyB wrote:
I mean, it was the right thing to do, so I'm glad the team made a sensible roster move, but I dunno why so many are "ecstatic". It's not like he was harming the team in any meaningful fashion, and he seems like a good enough dude.


I just dislike certain players for various visceral reasons, and this guy was one of them. So, I'm happy he's off the team.

There. No "good" reason for it, but whatever. Now, back to the celebrations...

YAYYYY HE'S GONE, WOOHOO!!
_________________
Lorde wrote:
And this is the ~ red, orange, yellow flicker beat - beat - beat - beat ..

<33333333
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackerFanDan


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 14762
Location: UW-Parkside
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can go join danny o brien on that juco team or wherever he is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1256
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources have stated that Vince Young has won the starting QB spot and Aaron Rodgers is now taking snaps at RB:


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3736
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Greatest Wildcat ever.
_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2684
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
^Greatest Wildcat ever.


I like to think we live in a world where we can see this just once in a live game.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
persiandud


Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1154
Location: Davis, CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really enjoy celebrating a grown man's release from a football team, it sucks being fired. I wish the best for Graham, but he just wasn't cut out for it. Hopefully he finds a new calling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gregoreo22


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 2603
Location: GB
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Don't really enjoy celebrating a grown man's release from a football team, it sucks being fired. I wish the best for Graham, but he just wasn't cut out for it. Hopefully he finds a new calling.


VY coming in to supplant your 2nd string QB is hardly an excuse for rejoicing in the streets, in my humble opinion. Harrell was an excellent college QB, who I'm sure they hoped could turn into a reliable game manager...just didn't have an NFL arm.

HARRELL!!1!1!!!!?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 12155
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson-------Bakhitiari-Sitton-EDS-Lang-Barclay----Finley--------------Cobb

----------------------------Rodgers---Young----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Lacy---------------------------------------------

Combo-Breaker

Defense expects Rodgers to take the snap. EDS snaps it to Young. Defense poops. Touchdown.
_________________
JammerHammer21 wrote:
jfin is one of those 1000 monkeys sitting at a typewriter that will eventually type out all of Shakespere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DannyB


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 11418
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Eh. I mean, it was the right thing to do, so I'm glad the team made a sensible roster move, but I dunno why so many are "ecstatic". It's not like he was harming the team in any meaningful fashion, and he seems like a good enough dude. I'm glad the Packers upgraded at the position, and I wish Graham all the best.


Graham hurts the the D in practice for playing so bad vs are number 1 D, now VY can bring out the best in are D every week


That's a hell of a stretch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
40Year Pack Fan


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 857
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Sources have stated that Vince Young has won the starting QB spot and Aaron Rodgers is now taking snaps at RB:


Well, if that's the case we better cut Rodgers now.....Tim Tebow has to be a far cheaper alternative for a quarterback/running back conversion......

As for Harrell, the QB who came in after Young actually looked better.....Had that Ohio State yutz not coughed up the ball in the red zone, after a nice reception....
_________________
Fat, Drunk & Being a Bears Fan is NO way to go through Life Son!.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13517
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Nelson-------Bakhitiari-Sitton-EDS-Lang-Barclay----Finley--------------Cobb

----------------------------Rodgers---Young----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Lacy---------------------------------------------

Combo-Breaker

Defense expects Rodgers to take the snap. EDS snaps it to Young. Defense poops. Touchdown.
I was actually in a "spinner-back" offense my freshman year. We had three QBs, the middle being the best passer, and the left one being left handed. As a center in that system, I can tell you it's not very fun learning to get three different type of snaps down.

Also HaRRell!
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
StinkySauce


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 279
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Nelson-------Bakhitiari-Sitton-EDS-Lang-Barclay----Finley--------------Cobb

----------------------------Rodgers---Young----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Lacy---------------------------------------------

Combo-Breaker

Defense expects Rodgers to take the snap. EDS snaps it to Young. Defense poops. Touchdown.
As a center in that system ( . . . ).


What are you doing this fall? Maybe we don't need GVR.
_________________
MathMan wrote:
now im rooting for the "freak play".

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carolinapacker1


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 343
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregoreo22 wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Don't really enjoy celebrating a grown man's release from a football team, it sucks being fired. I wish the best for Graham, but he just wasn't cut out for it. Hopefully he finds a new calling.


VY coming in to supplant your 2nd string QB is hardly an excuse for rejoicing in the streets, in my humble opinion. Harrell was an excellent college QB, who I'm sure they hoped could turn into a reliable game manager...just didn't have an NFL arm.

HARRELL!!1!1!!!!?


Well, they thought the same thing about Brohm. He didn't materialize either.

Vince Young got judged too quickly for a few episodes he had here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 9057
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for Graham the man. Nobody likes to see somebody get canned. Unfortunately for him he isn't an NFL caliber QB. I hope he lands on his feet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group