Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason - Phins vs Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is Clay is a FB/HB. He isn't a pure TE, or seam threat. We need to make a trade for Gresham if we can.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see three field goals so far... its a Tony Sparano fantasy!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final thoughts:

- Evan Rodriguez should make the team (probably wouldn't if Keller was healthy)
- Kaddu should make the team
- Gray would be a waste of a roster spot
- Devlin put together a horrible performance. Dinks and dunks and bad throws galore.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts....

Tannehill looked good....if the defense plays as well as it has (1st team) this team could make the playoffs with Good performances by Tannehill..

The Defense is scary...scary good in a "they could carry this team to the post-season" good...

A TE is needed and I am more and more hoping the trade with the Bengals is true...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we aren't the Jets

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to work and didn't get to watch the game, but from the stats it looks like the Phins put up solid numbers, though I am happy Caleb is here, I hope this isn't a revisit of the FG years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Had to work and didn't get to watch the game, but from the stats it looks like the Phins put up solid numbers, though I am happy Caleb is here, I hope this isn't a revisit of the FG years.
Can we really revisit when we never actually left??? hahaha

I agree though. As much as I like seeing the kid hitting his kicks, I honestly, couldn't care less if he didn't try a field goal all preseason. It sucks seeing our offense consistently sputter in the redzone. I couldn't help but think we score at least 1 more, if not 2 or 3, first team Offensive TDs had Keller not gone out. We desperately need a halfway decent replacement for Keller before this offense can really take its next step IMO.

(Whether it's at TE or not Keller's presence that was seen in just his limited action needs to be absorbed by some other players. *Looking at Gibson and Simms*)
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the first half this morning. I went into it expecting to be disappointed because I followed the stats last night. I thought Lamar Miller looked good. Tanney looked solid. Granted this is one game but I do not think Tanney has a safety valve. Charles clay has potential but I think it is time he delivers. I was one who was not that concerned when Keller went down because of Clay but man this can be a problem. I do not think Miami can trade for a good tightend at this point because teams are going to the double tight end set. The fact that Dion Jordon is still ailing makes us feel we have no infusion of talent. Something tells me his should is going to be a concern all year. He seems rather lean so he will need to add some weight as well.

The line remains a problem. They still have trouble picking up blitzes. I do not believe Wallace will be catching a lot of deep balls if they cannot hold their blocks.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't figure out why we don't roll Tanny out from time to time. If nothing else, then to keep the defense honest.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do feel better about the team after the game....the Special teams will not be in there during the season....if it were not for that and two dropped TD passes this game would have been 21 - 0 going in at the half.

Tannehill will be fine and looked very good in the two minute drill at the end of the half to give the Phins the lead.

Defense is improved over last season. Ellerbe is fast, instinctive and very aggressive. After last night it is hard to argue against Soliai and his value to the team. Odrick is as good as Starks, but there is no one on the team that does what big Paul does....he dominated the Bucs O-line. Vernon and Wake are going to be a hell of a due and will give O-lines fits all season long.

The O-line did a decent job against one of the better front sevens in the NFL...with Jerry back it will be nice to see them build some continuity up front. Martin gave up a sack, but it was partly due to Incognito getting pushed into Martin.....in the end Martin is going to be fine this season.

Overall the team looks good....the defense is play-off caliber...the offense needs to catch up. but I expect as the season goes on and the continuity grows the offense will be more and more dangerous.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Saw the first half this morning. I went into it expecting to be disappointed because I followed the stats last night. I thought Lamar Miller looked good. Tanney looked solid. Granted this is one game but I do not think Tanney has a safety valve. Charles clay has potential but I think it is time he delivers. I was one who was not that concerned when Keller went down because of Clay but man this can be a problem. I do not think Miami can trade for a good tightend at this point because teams are going to the double tight end set. The fact that Dion Jordon is still ailing makes us feel we have no infusion of talent. Something tells me his should is going to be a concern all year. He seems rather lean so he will need to add some weight as well.

The line remains a problem. They still have trouble picking up blitzes. I do not believe Wallace will be catching a lot of deep balls if they cannot hold their blocks.

I think Vernon's growth from last year will make a big difference in the pass rush and we'll start seeing some contribution from Jordan later on. We've got the depth on the defensive line to be patient with him.

I wish the Gresham rumor had more teeth because we could have really used him in the red zone. Egnew, Clay and Sims have not capitalized on the opportunity to get more PT at all. At this point we might as well just start a pure blocking guy at TE or FB.

FF Member #67
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 2 TDs that we left on the field because of dropped passes. We don't have a true red zone threat like Keller brought to the team. We need to find a TE that can break the middle of the field.

I think the OL looked good. Jerry was good in pass protection and decent with the run. I think Martin is only going to get better with each snap. He will not be a liability.

The defense looked stellar. I loved the Ellerbe play where he read the play and was aggressive. one more step and he would have caught the ball himself and ran it in. Somethin Dansby could not do. Vernon is proving to show strides from last year. I would love to see Wake, Vernon, and Jordan all rush from one side.

Overall I think we have a solid team going into the season. Tanney looks solid and that hes ready to go. The running game needs to get better though. PhinsUp!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The line remains a problem. They still have trouble picking up blitzes.

I thought they did a pretty good job picking up blitzes last night. I certainly saw improvement, from Miller as well. They're not where they need to be but I give the starting unit a C+ / B- grade.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I see from Brian Tymes from a athletic standpoint I think he has the most athletic ability by a lot from that 4-7 group of WR's he has a little extra gear.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I like what I see from Brian Tymes from a athletic standpoint I think he has the most athletic ability by a lot from that 4-7 group of WR's he has a little extra gear.

The WR position will be interesting to see play out....Tymes, Bumphis, McNutt....all look like they could possibly make it, but most likely only one will....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: