Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
He did play decent though Ina couple at the end of 08 of those member the 10 of 11 game wher Iirc everybody went crazy.

LOL. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Lets not compare the two, Pryor works his tail off and deserves every opportunity that has come his way...i dont know why its so hard for guys to support this kid...all you hear is how hard the guy works and its easy to see the progress he has made....feel the way you want about the guy but dont disrespect him by comparing him to that lazy bum whos one priority after being drafted was making sure he signed for as much money as possible...

He's comparing the reactions not the players. I don't think Jtagg would compare Pryor to the Bain of our existence as raider fans.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
He did play decent though Ina couple at the end of 08 of those member the 10 of 11 game wher Iirc everybody went crazy.

Lets not compare the two, Pryor works his tail off and deserves every opportunity that has come his way...i dont know why its so hard for guys to support this kid...all you hear is how hard the guy works and its easy to see the progress he has made....feel the way you want about the guy but dont disrespect him by comparing him to that lazy bum whos one priority after being drafted was making sure he signed for as much money as possible...

I'm not comparing them, I'm comparing the situations and fan's reactions. They're very similar. Pryor plays OK at best against Dallas and people heighten it saying it was a great performance. He plays like absolute asz against NO and people still say he played better than every other QB. He plays two good quarters against the Bears and now people are thinking he's the greatest and has all this potential............... b/c of TWO QUARTERS of football. Completely ignoring the performances of before. Two quarters.

I'm not comparing those two at all. You COMPLETELY misinterpreted what I'm saying here. The fans idiotic overreaction to a small sample while ignoring the worse, much larger sample, is what I'm getting at

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

He's comparing the reactions not the players. I don't think Jtagg would compare Pryor to the Bain of our existence as raider fans.

Correct. I was taken back b/c I didn't know if my words were that confusing LOL. Glad you saw it. Cheers!

Those two QBs are absolutely nothing alike.... at all.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

It's not really. I love his attitude and work ethic. I support the kid.

Where I get sick is the homers who put him on this pedestal. Comparing his impact on the field to Michael Jordan in one case. Thinking he's an RGIII type QB because he's athletic. The list goes on.

I'm simply annoyed w/ the blind homerism borderline Tebowmania that has been created around Pryor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

Where I get sick is the homers who put him on this pedestal. Comparing his impact on the field to Michael Jordan in one case. Thinking he's an RGIII type QB because he's athletic. The list goes on.

I'm simply annoyed w/ the blind homerism borderline Tebowmania that has been created around Pryor.

Co-sign. He can run but that doesn't make him Griffin or Dnager-Russ or Kaep as much as certain posters try to say it does.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

Co-sign. He can run but that doesn't make him Griffin or Dnager-Russ or Kaep as much as certain posters try to say it does.

Yes he is not there yet. However if he does start this year he will be judged how he compares to one of these guys. IMO his overall talent and physical attributes most closely resemble Kaepernick. He is not there yet but with better decision making and improved accuracy I think he can have the same type of production.

With that said Kaepernick looks good throwing the ball but lets not pretend he is super accurate. He is accurate enough to be successful and has a good deep ball. He only averages about 140 yards per game but makes his money on being smart decisions passing and his rushing ability. Surprisingly he fumbled the ball 9 times last season.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

I'm not comparing them, I'm comparing the situations and fan's reactions. They're very similar. Pryor plays OK at best against Dallas and people heighten it saying it was a great performance. He plays like absolute asz against NO and people still say he played better than every other QB. He plays two good quarters against the Bears and now people are thinking he's the greatest and has all this potential............... b/c of TWO QUARTERS of football. Completely ignoring the performances of before. Two quarters.

I'm not comparing those two at all. You COMPLETELY misinterpreted what I'm saying here. The fans idiotic overreaction to a small sample while ignoring the worse, much larger sample, is what I'm getting at

JTagg: So is it that you want Flynn to be the starter. If not why are you beating the dead horse?
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did hear this morning the Pryor is still second on the QB depth chart. Doesn't sound too positive to me. That means Flynn is still the man.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
I did hear this morning the Pryor is still second on the QB depth chart. Doesn't sound too positive to me. That means Flynn is still the man.

even if Flynn does start we will still see a alot of Pryor even more than was planned before. Which can only help if they have to gameplan for two QB's every week.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never ever good playing two QB's in every game on a regular basis. It's been tried in the past and to my knowledge has always been unsuccessful
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:

Well yeah.... that should be obvious. Pryor is competing for the starting job. Meaning he's #2 to the presumed starter Flynn.

No change will be made until Pryor seizes the job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

even if Flynn does start we will still see a alot of Pryor even more than was planned before. Which can only help if they have to gameplan for two QB's every week.

To expand on this a bit too, I can see them going Flynn for the first couple of weeks. To try to do their due diligence and give him a chance. If he performs well, great. If not, put in Pryor. I know he hasn't looked good but that doesn't mean he'll always be this bad. I also know the Pryor guys would call for Allen's head as a result of this but you simply cannot let your fans decide what you do. Pryor looked better in the preseason but he was only against 2's and looked worse than Flynn vs NO. He's earned the right to compete and dethrone Flynn but I'm not sure he has earned being the day 1 starter. If he balls vs Seattle then that definitely is a big step in that direction though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor should start given our current roster...Flynn will be a sitting duck and we dont have the offense to consistently manufacture drives the way we would have to with Flynn...

The Pistol with Pryor, DMC and Reece although not ideal would give us a ton of options we wouldnt have with Flynn....

Our OL is garbage and Pryor's athleticism has gotten us out of trouble numerous time this preseason(see his 25yard TD run)

No one is putting him on a pedestal, no one is making him out to be RG3...but right now with this team, Pryor should be the guy.

Flynn isnt a Franchise QB, and it seems Pryor sparks the team a bit...i say let the kid do his thing, at the very least we can see everything he has and if he isnt the man, we make QB priority #1 this offseason...

the problem is some of you guys act like he has no shot at being the guy, hes Vince Young with a work ethic...im not saying hes a lock to be great...im just saying his talent is very intriguing and may as well see what we have in him. i mean, what do we have to lose?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

To expand on this a bit too, I can see them going Flynn for the first couple of weeks. To try to do their due diligence and give him a chance. If he performs well, great. If not, put in Pryor. I know he hasn't looked good but that doesn't mean he'll always be this bad. I also know the Pryor guys would call for Allen's head as a result of this but you simply cannot let your fans decide what you do. Pryor looked better in the preseason but he was only against 2's and looked worse than Flynn vs NO. He's earned the right to compete and dethrone Flynn but I'm not sure he has earned being the day 1 starter. If he balls vs Seattle then that definitely is a big step in that direction though.

Agree he would have to do really good tonight to start day 1. But either way he will be out there and maybe permantley by game 5 imo.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Flynn is our starter come the first week of the season, come the first home game, every single mistake he does will be heightened. Probably to the point that every ball that's incomplete, whether it's his fault or not, will result in negative activity from the fan base. It's going to make us look terrible.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 18 of 34

Jump to: