Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB Reply with quote

Quote:
Coach Dennis Allen announced the Raiders have re-opened their starting QB job to competition.
Matt Flynn is gonna lose a gift-wrapped job for the second straight camp. "I think obviously we have to look at it," said Allen. "... Obviously, I thought Terrelle (Pryor) came in and gave us a spark." While Pryor at least gives the Raiders some improvisational threat and chance to compensate for arguably the worst O-Line in football, Flynn is a popgun player with zero mobility who's absorbed seven sacks on 34 preseason dropbacks. We're not sure Pryor will claim the job before Week 1, but it wouldn't be shocking. He's DEFinitely going to play early in the year.

http://goo.gl/u7mZpN

Terrelle Pryor completed 7-of-9 passes for 93 yards and a touchdown, and rushed four times for 37 yards and a second score, while Matt Flynn completed 3-of-6 passes for 19 yards and two interceptions in the Raiders third preseason game.

Pretty sad situation for Matt Flynn, twice in a row now he has a team introduction press conference basically naming him the starter and he doesn't last past the third game of the pre-season.

***Update***
Quote:
Terrelle Pryor will start at QB for the #Raiders next week due to Matt Flynn being rested with a "sore arm"

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/371728016084201472

***Update***
T
Quote:
he Chronicle has learned Terrelle Pryor is starting at quarterback for #Raiders Sunday, per couple of league sources. Not a big surprise.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/374703955353149440
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
early43

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Raiders announce that they've re-opened the QB competiti Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Coach Dennis Allen announced the Raiders have re-opened their starting QB job to competition.
Matt Flynn is gonna lose a gift-wrapped job for the second straight camp. "I think obviously we have to look at it," said Allen. "... Obviously, I thought Terrelle (Pryor) came in and gave us a spark." While Pryor at least gives the Raiders some improvisational threat and chance to compensate for arguably the worst O-Line in football, Flynn is a popgun player with zero mobility who's absorbed seven sacks on 34 preseason dropbacks. We're not sure Pryor will claim the job before Week 1, but it wouldn't be shocking. He's DEFinitely going to play early in the year.

http://goo.gl/u7mZpN

Terrelle Pryor completed 7-of-9 passes for 93 yards and a touchdown, and rushed four times for 37 yards and a second score, while Matt Flynn completed 3-of-6 passes for 19 yards and two interceptions in the Raiders third preseason game.

Pretty sad situation for Matt Flynn, twice in a row now he has a team introduction press conference basically naming him the starter and he doesn't last past the third game of the pre-season.

Nothing sad about the truth. Flynn is a career backup, who can win you some games in a pinch if he has a strong supporting cast... Now we can watch and see if TP is anything more.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly Flynn could be average with a strong supportin cast. That's about it
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Pryor next week against Seattle give him majority of the number 1 snaps and let him try to seal the deal.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Start Pryor next week against Seattle give him majority of the number 1 snaps and let him try to seal the deal.

The thing is, usually in week 4 of the preseason the starters only go out for one series.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

The thing is, usually in week 4 of the preseason the starters only go out for one series.

Seattle D is good enough and deep enough to give Pryor a good test. Plus that place will be loud like always it's a GOOD test for Pryor.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been against Pryor but I'm sold on him starting. Flynn is playing with zero confidence right now. Has to be from the Oline play and the sacks he's taking. But right now, he doesn't look like the QB players are rallying around.

This is going to be a long, miserable season. The defense looks awful. Can't stop the pass or run, no pass rush. So a game managing QB (Flynn) isn't going to cut it. Pryor at minimum adds an athletic presence. He starting to get better w/ his decisions but still needs to realize not every down has to be a big play.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I've been against Pryor but I'm sold on him starting. Flynn is playing with zero confidence right now. Has to be from the Oline play and the sacks he's taking. But right now, he doesn't look like the QB players are rallying around.

This is going to be a long, miserable season. The defense looks awful. Can't stop the pass or run, no pass rush. So a game managing QB (Flynn) isn't going to cut it. Pryor at minimum adds an athletic presence. He starting to get better w/ his decisions but still needs to realize not every down has to be a big play.

+1. Pryor is gonna get Streater killed. The sack he took just running to the sideline was a bad play. Gotta learn to throw it out of bounds and save the yardage.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
raiders707

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Flynn will be back up until week 6 at least D.A. Is going to try to be the hero and let TP start after starting 2-6.

TP hasn't had me sold yet, and I've been really excited for him since that start in San Diego even tho it didn't mean much to everyone else on here. He's not a bad option with what he brings to the table, and a sub 3rd pick, since the league is getting more of these type of QB's.

But if TP is the week 1 starter I'd feel bad for Flynn but look at the results in Seattle granted were not Seattle but speaks for itself. TP has been putting in work since he got here and even more his future is on him.
Stix101

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

It's official.. hell froze over
early43

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It's official.. hell froze over

When JTagg gives TP praise is when we can say Hell has frozen over.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

+1. Pryor is gonna get Streater killed. The sack he took just running to the sideline was a bad play. Gotta learn to throw it out of bounds and save the yardage.

Completely agree. When I mentioned those in the GDT, I got called a hater. If that's hating then wow. He needs to clean plays like those up. That Streater play could have been disastrous.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Completely agree. When I mentioned those in the GDT, I got called a hater. If that's hating then wow. He needs to clean plays like those up. That Streater play could have been disastrous.

Jump pass FTW!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Jump pass FTW!!!

Yeah he shouldn't go for fadeaways anymore. Either way, Flynn has gotten worse and worse while Pryor has progressed. Its to a point where they're probably equal as passers. Which is pretty surprising to me. I attribute it more to Flynn's regression but Pryor has gotten better too so you can't take that away from him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Jump pass FTW!!!

Yeah he shouldn't go for fadeaways anymore. Either way, Flynn has gotten worse and worse while Pryor has progressed. Its to a point where they're probably equal as passers. Which is pretty surprising to me. I attribute it more to Flynn's regression but Pryor has gotten better too so you can't take that away from him.

Agreed. I usually don't buy into preseason that much. Carson looked awful last preseason and people were wanting him benched. But he ended up being one of the best players on the Raiders team in 2012.

Losing Veldheer hurt Flynn so badly. His confidence is shot now as if he's aware of the lack of backside protection.

To Pryor's credit. I did see more velocity on his ball on the short and intermediate passes. He's following through on his motion as opposed to just flicking the ball as you saw him do last year.

The jump pass was a dumb decision he got away with. But it's right there with throwing across your body. He needs to learn to throw the ball away and play another down. He's trying to do to much at times ala him going out of bound on an 11 yard loss that didn't need to happen.

One thing is for sure. O.co is not going to rally around Flynn, in fact they are going to burry him early because those people are fanatics for Pryor. Might just be time to go unconventional at the QB position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: