Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.

Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.

Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.

You do understand how coaching changes work, right and what usually happens as a result?

Seriously, this is so freaking typical of the Pryor people. Saying things that don't make any sense in hopes of somehow supporting him.

Palmer is much better than what you have but he's overrated.

But Pryor is terrible and Flynn looks awful too. So a guy like Palmer is Peyton Manning compared to that.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.

Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.

Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.

You do understand how coaching changes work, right and what usually happens as a result?

Seriously, this is so freaking typical of the Pryor people. Saying things that don't make any sense in hopes of somehow supporting him.

Palmer is much better than what you have but he's overrated.

But Pryor is terrible and Flynn looks awful too. So a guy like Palmer is Peyton Manning compared to that.

Well we've seen Palmer do well for a little while then decline rapidly. We've seen Flynn blow two chances where the jobs were handed to him and he just had to look half way decent in camp and preseason. But we haven't seen Terrelle Pryor do much of anything but progress and jump any hurdle blocking his way...now bare in mind his hurdles were nothing to marvel at...but we can't blame him for that. Ofcourse it's not a sure thing he is the next Ken Stabler...or any good at all for that matter...but it's also true, being that he has taken down every task thrown into his path...that he could become a decent QB....None of the Pryor supporters are saying he is going to be good..what they are saying is..he won his spot like any other QB..so let him play and we'll see..while the naysayers say he is horrible no matter what and that's just the way it is....that's the conflict ...I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
But we haven't seen Terrelle Pryor do much of anything but progress and jump any hurdle blocking his way...now bare in mind his hurdles were nothing to marvel at...but we can't blame him for that. Ofcourse it's not a sure thing he is the next Ken Stabler...or any good at all for that matter...but it's also true, being that he has taken down every task thrown into his path...that he could become a decent QB....None of the Pryor supporters are saying he is going to be good..what they are saying is..he won his spot like any other QB..so let him play and we'll see..while the naysayers say he is horrible no matter what and that's just the way it is....that's the conflict ...I believe.

I've seen Terrelle Pryor have atrocious footwork, poor mechanics, no pocket presence(happy feet) and struggle to make it past his first read without wanting to take off.

I feel pretty confident in saying he's not a NFL caliber passer. Doesn't have it mentally and doesn't have it technically.

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
But we haven't seen Terrelle Pryor do much of anything but progress and jump any hurdle blocking his way...now bare in mind his hurdles were nothing to marvel at...but we can't blame him for that. Ofcourse it's not a sure thing he is the next Ken Stabler...or any good at all for that matter...but it's also true, being that he has taken down every task thrown into his path...that he could become a decent QB....None of the Pryor supporters are saying he is going to be good..what they are saying is..he won his spot like any other QB..so let him play and we'll see..while the naysayers say he is horrible no matter what and that's just the way it is....that's the conflict ...I believe.

I've seen Terrelle Pryor have atrocious footwork, poor mechanics, no pocket presence(happy feet) and struggle to make it past his first read without wanting to take off.

I feel pretty confident in saying he's not a NFL caliber passer. Doesn't have it mentally and doesn't have it technically.

Thats the opinion held by the majority of the Raiders forum I believe. There are those, however, who still think he's going to be great.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Thats the opinion held by the majority of the Raiders forum I believe. There are those, however, who still think he's going to be great.

I would say it's more 75% for greatness/good and 25% for those who agree w/ jrry. Hell, there was even a writer who said if we started Pryor, we'd be a playoff team. No, it wasn't BR hahaha. Might as well have been though. This kid has such a following, it's sickening. People SERIOUSLY overrate mobile QBs. Like S&B said, people just pull crap out of thin air and hope it sticks when supporting this guy. They have nothing to go on.

Ultimately, we'll see what happens but I can't be too optimistic about a guy who was pretty bad this preseason, moreso throwing the ball but overall, absolutely nothing special the least bit.

PM sig requests.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Right..thats where we differ...I've seen improvement in his mechanics...and I was saying that before the reports came out that he was showing improvement in camp. But maybe for some it's not enough. But I think if can improve..who is to say where his progression stops? That's my point of view. Mentally I think he has it because he went to the more mentally challenging offense in college when he could have went to one of the various schools that would have let him just run around. But again..thats my point of view.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really been a huge Pryor fan since his days at Ohio State, but I do think he has the potential to be a serviceable starter in this league. I think his passing ability will always be limited, but his athleticism will make up for some deficiencies in the pass game. I haven't seen a lot of him in the NFL, but if the offensive coordinator is willing to work with his strengths, he could help lead the team to some wins this year. If D-Mac can stay healthy this season, that could make for an extremely difficult backfield for D's to stop if they implement read option/pistol type plays, and could help hide some of Pryor's deficiencies in the pass game.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Right..thats where we differ...I've seen improvement in his mechanics...and I was saying that before the reports came out that he was showing improvement in camp. But maybe for some it's not enough. But I think if can improve..who is to say where his progression stops? That's my point of view. Mentally I think he has it because he went to the more mentally challenging offense in college when he could have went to one of the various schools that would have let him just run around. But again..thats my point of view.

I watched him this preseason, there was no improvement.

Mentally, he doesn't have it. He never has had it. That was apparent in college.

But if I'm wrong, feel free to call me on it. That said, I feel confident that I'm not.

Pryor will have a few nice games due to his mobility but he'll never be a capable enough passer.

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

But you also don't understand what coaching changes do to a team so we kinda have to take that into consideration.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Mentally, he doesn't have it. He never has had it. That was apparent in college.

But if I'm wrong, feel free to call me on it. That said, I feel confident that I'm not.

Pryor will have a few nice games due to his mobility but he'll never be a capable enough passer.

His preseason was pretty bad but some seem to overlook it b/c of a few runs he had and the one good game he had. It's selective memory. Dudewhat seems to be in that field as he's came into our forum to remind us that a few times. Ultimately though, I feel you're accurate in your statement. It's not b/c I want to feel that way it's b/c that's what Pryor has shown me for many, many years. Being a reasonable fan, it's the only way I can think. It's his fault, not mine.

PM sig requests.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

His preseason was pretty bad but some seem to overlook it b/c of a few runs he had and the one good game he had. It's selective memory. Dudewhat seems to be in that field as he's came into our forum to remind us that a few times. Ultimately though, I feel you're accurate in your statement. It's not b/c I want to feel that way it's b/c that's what Pryor has shown me for many, many years. Being a reasonable fan, it's the only way I can think. It's his fault, not mine.

Other than you being a reasonable fan everything you an Jrry is spot on.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Well it balances out because the naysayers have selective memory also...and thoughts and ideals change due to Qb's...we all have our favorites and all are guilty of favoritism. for example..many naysayers like you and others since last year wanted this TP era to close...if he didn't get it at camp..shut the door...Tyler Wilson is completely loss and did horrible in camp...which shows how unintelligent he is...but he is your personal fav..so your ideals and reasonable fan philosophy flies out the window. He should be cut. but nooooooo lol Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:

Well it balances out because the naysayers have selective memory also...and thoughts and ideals change due to Qb's...we all have our favorites and all are guilty of favoritism. for example..many naysayers like you and others since last year wanted this TP era to close...if he didn't get it at camp..shut the door...Tyler Wilson is completely loss and did horrible in camp...which shows how unintelligent he is...but he is your personal fav..so your ideals and reasonable fan philosophy flies out the window. He should be cut. but nooooooo lol Laughing

My thoughts and ideals don't change due to the QB. See my thoughts on Colin Kaepernick if you doubt that. I want to see the same things in every QB.

DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

My thoughts and ideals don't change due to the QB. See my thoughts on Colin Kaepernick if you doubt that. I want to see the same things in every QB.

not you ...Jtagg...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing would make me happier (except a packers win) than to see pryor come in and throw 4 INT in 1st half...

then flynn come in and win the game in 2nd half! muhahahah!
Bucks
Badgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: