Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32148
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Serious question: If Al Davis was still alive, would you guys have nightmares about Tebow being brought in?


Nope. Pryor has a much faster 40.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6624
Location: 904
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor is turrible. That is all.

I guess he'll have a better chance of surviving behind that Oline than Flynn though.
_________________
StevePerry wrote:
Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21099
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.


Um uh um uh. Hmmm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DudeWhat??


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Posts: 916
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.


Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.


Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11519
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.


Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.


Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.


You do understand how coaching changes work, right and what usually happens as a result?
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5608
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.


Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.


Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.


New Regime in AZ so can't classify AZ based on last year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32148
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.


Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.


Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.


You do understand how coaching changes work, right and what usually happens as a result?


Seriously, this is so freaking typical of the Pryor people. Saying things that don't make any sense in hopes of somehow supporting him.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34189
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Raiders Announce Teddy Bridgewater starting QB in 2014."
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32148
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
"Raiders Announce Teddy Bridgewater starting QB in 2014."


How are we going to get TB after picking Clowney?
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11519
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
"Raiders Announce Teddy Bridgewater starting QB in 2014."


How are we going to get TB after picking Clowney?


Reggie's good like that. DUH!

But on the ril, that Nittany Lion fan should be pimping McGloin to us right now, not suggesting another QB LOL
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjkgr


Joined: 27 Aug 2013
Posts: 190
Location: ca
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time we see him play or start i would say and i think he will do just fine and maybe if he had better receivers than he would have better stats this year but good to know he is getting a chance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 5999
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor will struggle his first year starting and that's no knock on him. His offensive line would consider being called average a compliment and his receivers are unlikely to really help him. McFadden is a part time player and the only true "weapon" on that team.

No one should be able to say that Pryor had an easy time or didn't earn his job. We'll see how it shapes out but he is already off to a better start then Jawalrus.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3294
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Pryor, you're getting the shot you wanted. PLEASE MAKE ME EAT SOME CROW!!! PLEASE!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3138
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Pryor will struggle his first year starting and that's no knock on him. His offensive line would consider being called average a compliment and his receivers are unlikely to really help him. McFadden is a part time player and the only true "weapon" on that team.

No one should be able to say that Pryor had an easy time or didn't earn his job. We'll see how it shapes out but he is already off to a better start then Jawalrus.
I second that.



Denarius Moore.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DudeWhat??


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Posts: 916
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.


Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.


Yes...AZ is always smart when it comes to QB's...lol...They thought Max Hall was a reasonable option..they are idiots.


You do understand how coaching changes work, right and what usually happens as a result?


Seriously, this is so freaking typical of the Pryor people. Saying things that don't make any sense in hopes of somehow supporting him.



What are you talking about...The facts are the facts...Personel dept, Scouting, Front office and coaches..and the team owners and movers and shakers make to much money to Place Skelton and Max Hall on a team as viable options as quaterbacks.....that's just silly and AZ fans like all fans pay way too much money on tickets to see that mess on the field. All teams every year should try their best to win..that is not trying at all. period. That team was one of the best WR's to play the game and they are wasting time...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group