Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Raiders naming Terrelle Pryor starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
How does a team with an OL that's such a dumpster fire and not much in the way of receiving talent even begin to evaluate QB play? Think

Pryor's gonna crash and burn, then Flynn will crash and burn. Rinse, repeat.

Pryor will also crash and burn b/c he lacks the physical talent needed to succeed. Bad o-line or not. I'm hoping McGloin gets enough reps and progresses throughout the course of the season so after Pryor gets hurt/benched and then the same happens to Flynn, he'll be ready to come in.
Why was Tyler Wilson cut?

B/c cutting Flynn would cost too much, Pryor was second string by default and has enough fan support to warrant staying on the team, McGloin progressed and played fantastic for an UDFA, and Wilson wasn't getting the game mentally. He seemed to have difficulty w/ that. He's not a moron. He'll get it w/ time and will be promoted from the practice squad at some point in this season when a QB goes down w/ an injury which will happen.

Pryor is on the team cause of fan support. If that's true at all. Allen and Reggie needs to go. If a bad player makes the team cause the fans want him to I have no faith in our leadership. But sense that is a silly thought no worries.
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
How does a team with an OL that's such a dumpster fire and not much in the way of receiving talent even begin to evaluate QB play? Think

Pryor will also crash and burn b/c he lacks the physical talent needed to succeed. Bad o-line or not. I'm hoping McGloin gets enough reps and progresses throughout the course of the season so after Pryor gets hurt/benched and then the same happens to Flynn, he'll be ready to come in.

The same reason he went unclaimed in waivers.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope me balls out week 1. He probably has an okay game. But should be fun to watch

new sig... sorry alex
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

B/c cutting Flynn would cost too much, Pryor was second string by default and has enough fan support to warrant staying on the team, McGloin progressed and played fantastic for an UDFA, and Wilson wasn't getting the game mentally. He seemed to have difficulty w/ that. He's not a moron. He'll get it w/ time and will be promoted from the practice squad at some point in this season when a QB goes down w/ an injury which will happen.

Pryor is on the team cause of fan support. If that's true at all. Allen and Reggie needs to go. If a bad player makes the team cause the fans want him to I have no faith in our leadership. But sense that is a silly thought no worries.

I was being facetious in that part b/c it's pretty clear his 9.9 rating against Seattle surely didn't win him the job................

PM sig requests.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I wonder if at some point this season some of the a raider fans I know will finally admit that Palmer did pretty damn well considering the surrounding talent he had to work with.

I said that all along and still maintain it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:

Good luck. I've been arguing this since last year. Palmer was a damn good QB for Oakland. Good leader, great arm but he had junk to work w/ at WR.

Raider fans always wanted to bury him for bad INTs (and some were) but a lot were due to his WRs not running the route correctly, etc. And he'd let them know it.

What he did last year in Oakland w/ no running game and a bad Oline w/ Myers as his main target was impressive. Factor in a defense that would have them playing out of a hole.

Yeah.... AZ is going to have some fun w/ Palmer at QB. He can still play and throwing left handed would be better than any QB currently in Oakland.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Some people I've talked to have Palmer on the sacrificial stake and think he was holding back the Raiders from the playoffs... Even went so far as to say that Matt Cassell was better. Hot garbage and the musical rotation of QB's this year will remind people of the Tuisopopo/Brooks year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Some people I've talked to have Palmer on the sacrificial stake and think he was holding back the Raiders from the playoffs... Even went so far as to say that Matt Cassell was better. Hot garbage and the musical rotation of QB's this year will remind people of the Tuisopopo/Brooks year.

Yeah, about that. Those people are and were wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question: If Al Davis was still alive, would you guys have nightmares about Tebow being brought in?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited for the season and can't wait to see Pryor perform, i think he could be a top 15 QB.

Either, way it will be fun to watch, which is a huge upgrade from last season.

Is this not a entertainment business? Twisted Evil

I have stated my thoughts on Pryor and Palmer............it doesn't really matter. Palmer is gone, Pryor is the starting QB of the Oakland Raiders.

Is there a Game 1 upset vs Indy on the horizon? Very Happy
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:

I had absolutely zero problems w/ Palmer.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

If Indi's starting offense and defense forget to set their alarm clocks, yep. Even then, I'd be worried about how Pryor could perform against back-ups since he didn't do so well against them in the preseason.

I'm picking up Indi's defense in almost all fantasy leagues and betting against Oakland not covering the spread. And before you jump off the handle, I was going to do this regardless of who started at QB for us.

PM sig requests.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

If Indi's starting offense and defense forget to set their alarm clocks, yep. Even then, I'd be worried about how Pryor could perform against back-ups since he didn't do so well against them in the preseason.

I'm picking up Indi's defense in almost all fantasy leagues and betting against Oakland not covering the spread. And before you jump off the handle, I was going to do this regardless of who started at QB for us.
lets not fight in public. Laughing

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

But...But...Pryor is fast and he can do jump passes! Laughing Wink

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: