Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 3 - SD @ ARI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Preseason Game 3 - SD @ ARI Reply with quote

Talk all about it here.

The first team on both sides of the ball should see extended time, possibly into the second half, but I would expect both first team units to play at least the first half.

Will be watching Cason and Fleming in this game; the two of them are IMO in a direct battle for a roster spot.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Preseason Game 3 - SD @ ARI Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Talk all about it here.

The first team on both sides of the ball should see extended time, possibly into the second half, but I would expect both first team units to play at least the first half.

Will be watching Cason and Fleming in this game; the two of them are IMO in a direct battle for a roster spot.

I was thinking the same think on Cason v. Fleming, haven't seen much on either and Areanes looks like he could be #3, I am thinking fi all stays the same Fleming wins out with contact/up side as he was a 3rd rounder last year. Interesting battle.

Also interested in the back up guard spot, they like Fanika but he was exposed a little against Dallas, while Watford and Kelemente are young and 4th and 5th rounders respectively.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more interested in the starters since this will be their game to use as the dress rehearsal.

Wrote about it on my blog: http://azbirdgang.com/?p=102

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I want to see Palmer and his receivers on the same page unlike last week.

2. Housler needs to show me something. The TE position is very worrying right now, especially since Arians will use 2-3 on many plays. It would be nice if I knew Housler could be counted on. I give it a 75% chance we pick up a TE off the waiver wire after the final cuts. That's the position that worries me the most on offense.

3. Ryan Williams. Run like you're not scared.

4. I want to see a strong game from Dockett. He hasn't done much this preseason.

5. First team defense needs to get to the QB.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Preseason Game 3 - SD @ ARI Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
I was thinking the same think on Cason v. Fleming, haven't seen much on either and Areanes looks like he could be #3, I am thinking fi all stays the same Fleming wins out with contact/up side as he was a 3rd rounder last year. Interesting battle

I am not big on Arenas. Mathieu looks to have locked himself into the first team nickel role now, and before then it was Powers moving into the nickel role with Cason coming on outside.

When looking at the corners on this roster you have to look a what each player can do.

Neither Fleming or Cason are slot corners. Peterson is best on the outside and it is best not to move him into the slot. Powers can play the slot, but will start outside (Similar to how Gay played last season). Mathieu and Arenas are slot corners, they are not going to be outside guys. Then you add Bethel into this conversation as a special teamer and a guy who is only an outside corner.

Those 7 guys will make up the 5/6 corners who make the final roster.

Powers/Peterson/Mathieu and Bethel I think all make the roster, though Bethel more for his ST's ability than his play at corner. You then have Arenas, Cason and Fleming behind them.

In those top four you have your top two slot corners, this means Arenas could be in for a bit of a struggle to make the roster depending on how he can show on the kick return unit. We HAVE to add another outside corner to that group (I.E Bethel is not going to start at CB in event of a Peterson/Powers injury) and we might actually need to add TWO outside corners to that group depending on how that staff feel about the development of Justin Bethel.

That means two of the Arenas/Cason/Fleming group likely make the roster and Mathieu is kept as a "safety". It is going to depend on the balance of the roster (Inside vs outside corner and special teams) as to which guys make the roster.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defense gave up a 13 play- 92 yard drive. San Diego went no huddle and just shredded us. That's unacceptable. Nobody is getting to the QB and our front 3 are getting manhandled by one of the worst O-Lines in the league.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendenhall is looking GOOD. He's much more nimble than I gave him credit for. Some nice outside runs.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mendenhall is getting his knee looked at. Perfect.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Stepfan Taylor not playing behind Mendenhall? I loved Taylor coming out of the draft, I think the kid can ball.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus christ Laughing
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a trainwreck on ST. Blocked FG and Blocked punt. Just dreadful play.

Also Housler drops an easy easy EASY TD pass. We're in real trouble at TE. Dray and Sperry have made big mistakes already too.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
This is a trainwreck.
Yup.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just silly right there.

Justo on the sig
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just waiting to see RW now.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bad:
ST- gave up two blocks and a long PR.
Levi Brown- penalty and getting owned by Freeney
Our TE- Housler drops and EASY TD pass, Dray can't run routes or catch, and Sperry is nothing special
Mendenhall taken out of the game. Hopefully it's just precautionary.

The Good
Mendenhal- looked real good and so did Alfonso Smith
John Abraham- is very quick off the snap. He's gonna be a real valuable player this season.
Jasper Brinkley- is surprising me a lot recently. Got the gift of an interception but is a real solid tackler. Reminds me of Gerald Hayes when he was playing well here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: