Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye bye Flynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizardg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Bye bye Flynn Reply with quote

Its a wrap. Flynn is a bum
Flynn is proof that Green Bays coach is a brilliant offensive mind.
6TDs and 480 yards in one game

Now he can't beat out 2 3rd round picks with one career start between them

Yikes. You know what? Dennis the Menace STILL might start him.
And that might be our ticket to Clowney.

Let Flynn get beaten to a pulp as he becomes a pick machine for 4-6 games ... Then...
No too ugly. Can Dennis the Menace survive a 4-12?

Bye bye Flynn
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol OP Razz

Pryor did earn the job tonight no one can deny that not even me Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start to call Dennis Allen, Dennis the menace if he decides to roll with Flynn.

Don't count Flynn out yet though. He is "one of Reggie's guys."

ďIf Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Iím uncoachable, Iím unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/08/23/pryor-makes-strongest-case-yet-for-starting-job/

A player from the bears was interestingly quoted...
Quote:
As one Bears player said after his teamís 34-26 victory over the Raiders, ďThey have to go with Pryor. He at least gives them a chance.Ē
The player qualified his remark, saying that he likes Flynn as a player, but Flynn just isnít athletic enough to function well in an offense that lacks enough talented linemen to keep the quarterback clean

Also Look at the first comment to the Jerry MCD article. That goes out to all the Pryor nay sayers and Matt Flynn stans. Lol

ďIf Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Iím uncoachable, Iím unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/08/23/pryor-makes-strongest-case-yet-for-starting-job/

A player from the bears was interestingly quoted...
Quote:
As one Bears player said after his teamís 34-26 victory over the Raiders, ďThey have to go with Pryor. He at least gives them a chance.Ē
The player qualified his remark, saying that he likes Flynn as a player, but Flynn just isnít athletic enough to function well in an offense that lacks enough talented linemen to keep the quarterback clean

Also Look at the first comment to the Jerry MCD article. That goes out to all the Pryor nay sayers and Matt Flynn stans. Lol

Question from the outside:

Where's Tyler Wilson? I didn't think he had a shot at starting this year but I figured he'd at least be the QB3, but he didn't play in the last pre-season game. I really like him in the draft process and just wanted to find out what was going on with him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Wilson doesn't have a full understanding of Greg Olson's playbook. He'll probably make the team only because we are so horrible.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I will start to call Dennis Allen, Dennis the menace if he decides to roll with Flynn.

Someone's out to hurt feelings.

This is the crap I was expecting. Pryor was easily the better QB last night, no question but do we all forget Flynn was easily the better QB the first two games?? My god, talk about selective memory.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Question from the outside:

Where's Tyler Wilson? I didn't think he had a shot at starting this year but I figured he'd at least be the QB3, but he didn't play in the last pre-season game. I really like him in the draft process and just wanted to find out what was going on with him.

Apparently he's not there mentally. Coaches have said he's got all the physical stuff down but he's not grasping the game as much as he should be.

PM sig requests.
dmac505

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

This is the crap I was expecting. Pryor was easily the better QB last night, no question but do we all forget Flynn was easily the better QB the first two games?? My god, talk about selective memory.

I try to stay out of these debates, but gotta chime in.
First off props for giving Pryor credit in last nights game. Goes to show you can look at it objectively and not just a 'hater'.
I will say though I disagree that Flynn was easily better the first two games. Against NO both were brutal, I don't know if I can claim one was easily better then the other. They both sucked.
Against Dallas I may be wrong but I remember thinking all Flynn did was check down. More so than Campbell did when he was here, with how bad our team is that will not win games, heck it won't even make us competitive. TP moved the ball well that game, and if it wernt for that brutal int I'd say he outplayed Flynn. Obviously he threw it so is give that game to Flynn. But when you look at all games TP deserves to start against Seattle to see what he can do.

Our D is going to give up points this year. We are gonna play from behind a lot. Flynn is a good game manager, can play with a lead. Unfortunately we need a QB who can make plays.

I'm not crowning anyone the starter but I think we need to give the next start to TP

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

First off props for giving Pryor credit in last nights game. Goes to show you can look at it objectively and not just a 'hater'.
I will say though I disagree that Flynn was easily better the first two games. Against NO both were brutal, I don't know if I can claim one was easily better then the other. They both sucked.
Against Dallas I may be wrong but I remember thinking all Flynn did was check down. More so than Campbell did when he was here, with how bad our team is that will not win games, heck it won't even make us competitive. TP moved the ball well that game, and if it wernt for that brutal int I'd say he outplayed Flynn. Obviously he threw it so is give that game to Flynn. But when you look at all games TP deserves to start against Seattle to see what he can do.

Our D is going to give up points this year. We are gonna play from behind a lot. Flynn is a good game manager, can play with a lead. Unfortunately we need a QB who can make plays.

I'm not crowning anyone the starter but I think we need to give the next start to TP

I've never been a "hater" it's just what some special people around here loved to say b/c that's what they felt was the case even though I said time and time and time again, I was not. I always give credit when it's due. I just don't fly off the handle like some. Not everything about his performance was perfect and he still makes stupid decisions but it was a good performance. It was 1 half, in a preseason game, I'm not going to act like he's a HoFer just yet like I've seen some do. He did do well though.

Both were brutal against NO but Flynn legitimately had absolutely no time at all to even do anything. The line was atrocious. But he made smart decisions, didn't try to force anything, held onto the football when he was getting knocked into December, and never turned it over. After taking a beating all game, he lead a perfect two minute drill for a score. He held his composure. That was extremely impressive. I think he was easily better w/o question last week.

My guess is Pryor will start next week. Only reason being, you rarely start your starters in week 4 of the preseason. I don't think anyone deserves anything after one half of playing well when the inconsistencies and issues are still present. Flynn has outplayed him almost the entire off-season. He still deserves to start. I look at the entire picture, not just a portion.

PM sig requests.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Pryor performance last night was better than any Flynn performance this preseason. Flynn arm strength has become a huge problem for me. I knew he didn't have the strongest arm but a lot of his throws look bad to me. He doesn't check at the line almost at all, no protection calls or audibles. Pryor is going to make some of the dumbest mistakes a qb is gonna to make. But at this point it's like who is gonna to move the ball and actually make the game interesting to watch. Neither one is winning us many games at this point.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Pryor performance last night was better than any Flynn performance this preseason. Flynn arm strength has become a huge problem for me. I knew he didn't have the strongest arm but a lot of his throws look bad to me. He doesn't check at the line almost at all, no protection calls or audibles. Pryor is going to make some of the dumbest mistakes a qb is gonna to make. But at this point it's like who is gonna to move the ball and actually make the game interesting to watch. Neither one is winning us many games at this point.

Yeah, it probably was but he wasn't very good the first two games and is still doing, as you stated, the "dumbest mistakes" things. I'm still going in w/ the mentality that we can win games. I don't think it will happen but I'm a firm believer in "show me first". We need someone who doesn't turn the ball over and is a smart player. Throwing a jump pass might look neat and give you something to talk about w/ your buddies at the bar but that is such a stupid decision. SO stupid.

He is more exciting to watch but I would prefer the better QB play b/c they give us the best chance. Right now, that is Flynn.

PM sig requests.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Yeah, it probably was but he wasn't very good the first two games and is still doing, as you stated, the "dumbest mistakes" things. I'm still going in w/ the mentality that we can win games. I don't think it will happen but I'm a firm believer in "show me first". We need someone who doesn't turn the ball over and is a smart player. Throwing a jump pass might look neat and give you something to talk about w/ your buddies at the bar but that is such a stupid decision. SO stupid.

He is more exciting to watch but I would prefer the better QB play b/c they give us the best chance. Right now, that is Flynn.

I agree with all this but I'm just not sure that guy is Flynn anymore. Flynn seems like a dear in the headlights. Then he just can't make many good throws 15 yards down the field. Those interceptions last night wasn't just bad decisions but look like weak arm throws. You are right the cross body and jump man throws are ridiculous. I feel like teams are going to blitz Flynn all day cause he can't beat them over the top or with his legs. I feel teams sit back in coverage with Pryor and wait for him to throw them the ball. Is like pick your poison with these two.

Also just to add. I don't like Allen coming out and saying this. If it was a competition in the first place you shouldn't have to say this. I guess he is trying to motivate Flynn.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

I've never been a "hater" it's just what some special people around here loved to say b/c that's what they felt was the case even though I said time and time and time again, I was not. I always give credit when it's due. I just don't fly off the handle like some. Not everything about his performance was perfect and he still makes stupid decisions but it was a good performance. It was 1 half, in a preseason game, I'm not going to act like he's a HoFer just yet like I've seen some do. He did do well though.

Both were brutal against NO but Flynn legitimately had absolutely no time at all to even do anything. The line was atrocious. But he made smart decisions, didn't try to force anything, held onto the football when he was getting knocked into December, and never turned it over. After taking a beating all game, he lead a perfect two minute drill for a score. He held his composure. That was extremely impressive. I think he was easily better w/o question last week.

My guess is Pryor will start next week. Only reason being, you rarely start your starters in week 4 of the preseason. I don't think anyone deserves anything after one half of playing well when the inconsistencies and issues are still present. Flynn has outplayed him almost the entire off-season. He still deserves to start. I look at the entire picture, not just a portion.
Shhh Liar
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

I agree with all this but I'm just not sure that guy is Flynn anymore. Flynn seems like a dear in the headlights. Then he just can't make many good throws 15 yards down the field. Those interceptions last night wasn't just bad decisions but look like weak arm throws. You are right the cross body and jump man throws are ridiculous. I feel like teams are going to blitz Flynn all day cause he can't beat them over the top or with his legs. I feel teams sit back in coverage with Pryor and wait for him to throw them the ball. Is like pick your poison with these two.

Also just to add. I don't like Allen coming out and saying this. If it was a competition in the first place you shouldn't have to say this. I guess he is trying to motivate Flynn.

Agree. His confidence is shot.

By contrast, Pryor is almost overconfident right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: