Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is our biggest area of weakness?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What aspect is the worst?
Pass Protection (Oline/TE)
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Passing (QB/WR/TE)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Run Blocking (Oline/TE)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Rushing (RB/FB)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pass Rush (Dline/LBers)
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Run Defence (Dline/LBers)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Pass defence (CBs/S's/LB's)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author Message
RaisinBran


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 9690
Location: 925/805
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely OL, especially with Veldheer out.
_________________

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6916
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10150
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team....... Laughing

Ok,Ok...gotta say Passing right now
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SPaceGhost


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 2266
Location: Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
The team....... Laughing

Ok,Ok...gotta say Passing right now


Sadly not many of us can seriously be angered by this. Silenced
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SPaceGhost


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 2266
Location: Alabama
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While its true we look like trash right now I don't think we're far off from sporting a good team, possibly next year. JV will return, and if Watson pans out at RT then our OL will be functional... pick up a G in the draft or free agency and suddenly the O could be dangerous.

On defense we just need another DT and DE from the draft and we're in much better shape defensively. Our LB corps looks good (not great but I'll take it), same with the secondary, just solidify the line and get another pass rusher... we're back in contention.

The only way we should go to needing 2 years to rebuild is if our QBs all stink, in which I'd go after the best QB in the draft we could get in round 1 of 2015. Here's to hoping Pryor or McGloin show us something in the regular season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22234
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.


This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 747
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.


This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.


Fair, and I agree, but the same can be said for any of our coaches the last 10 years.

As to the 8-8 seasons being a fluke I disagree. We were 5-2 before campbell went down IIRC, Jackson had our Offence playing to their full potential. He needed to be fire because he went out of control, but I wont discredit the fact that our O was capable of putting up points on anyone and claim it was fluke
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22234
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.


This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.


Fair, and I agree, but the same can be said for any of our coaches the last 10 years.

As to the 8-8 seasons being a fluke I disagree. We were 5-2 before campbell went down IIRC, Jackson had our Offence playing to their full potential. He needed to be fire because he went out of control, but I wont discredit the fact that our O was capable of putting up points on anyone and claim it was fluke


DMAC was balling out. After he went down, they were never the same team. Jackson didn't bother adding another RB to spell Bush and the wheels fell off.

That offense was built on DMAC. If Jackson stayed on, they'd have hit a similar wall. The Oline was garbage, they lacked WR talent and it would have shown as the division improved.

Oh and the defense was miserable, but that has been the case for a decade.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6916
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.


This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.


Say what you want about those 2 seasons, but we were getting the most out of our offensive talent. Thats a hell of a lot more then can be said about the [inappropriate/removed] we saw last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reggiesucks


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 37
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.


This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.


Fair, and I agree, but the same can be said for any of our coaches the last 10 years.

As to the 8-8 seasons being a fluke I disagree. We were 5-2 before campbell went down IIRC, Jackson had our Offence playing to their full potential. He needed to be fire because he went out of control, but I wont discredit the fact that our O was capable of putting up points on anyone and claim it was fluke


DMAC was balling out. After he went down, they were never the same team. Jackson didn't bother adding another RB to spell Bush and the wheels fell off.

That offense was built on DMAC. If Jackson stayed on, they'd have hit a similar wall. The Oline was garbage, they lacked WR talent and it would have shown as the division improved.

Oh and the defense was miserable, but that has been the case for a decade.


No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11758
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!


Riiiight. B/c Lombardi would be able to make our offensive line a good unit.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reggiesucks


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 37
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Reggiesucks wrote:
No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!


Riiiight. B/c Lombardi would be able to make our offensive line a good unit.


I don't know if Lombardi could make the line better but I'm sure a servicable GM could have upgraded the talent over 2 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5990
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting too lean towards saying that the problems are the two dunces DA & RM. I was hopeful earlier too but I see the signs of some failures & they're only going to be amplified by how hard we'll suck this year. I hope they pick Flynn to start just so Hell's kitchen begins to heat up for those two.

Reggie McKenzie: "We will compete this year." Yeah stfu you senile imbecile, we'll compete for the number one pick. DA & RM are looking like fonies.


_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11758
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Reggiesucks wrote:
No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!


Riiiight. B/c Lombardi would be able to make our offensive line a good unit.


I don't know if Lombardi could make the line better but I'm sure a servicable GM could have upgraded the talent over 2 years.


W/ what money?
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22234
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.


This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.


Fair, and I agree, but the same can be said for any of our coaches the last 10 years.

As to the 8-8 seasons being a fluke I disagree. We were 5-2 before campbell went down IIRC, Jackson had our Offence playing to their full potential. He needed to be fire because he went out of control, but I wont discredit the fact that our O was capable of putting up points on anyone and claim it was fluke


DMAC was balling out. After he went down, they were never the same team. Jackson didn't bother adding another RB to spell Bush and the wheels fell off.

That offense was built on DMAC. If Jackson stayed on, they'd have hit a similar wall. The Oline was garbage, they lacked WR talent and it would have shown as the division improved.

Oh and the defense was miserable, but that has been the case for a decade.


No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!


Oh fantastic..... this poster is back.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group