Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is our biggest area of weakness?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What aspect is the worst?
Pass Protection (Oline/TE)
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Passing (QB/WR/TE)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Run Blocking (Oline/TE)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Rushing (RB/FB)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pass Rush (Dline/LBers)
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Run Defence (Dline/LBers)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Pass defence (CBs/S's/LB's)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely OL, especially with Veldheer out.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team....... Laughing

Ok,Ok...gotta say Passing right now

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
The team....... Laughing

Ok,Ok...gotta say Passing right now

Sadly not many of us can seriously be angered by this. Silenced
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While its true we look like trash right now I don't think we're far off from sporting a good team, possibly next year. JV will return, and if Watson pans out at RT then our OL will be functional... pick up a G in the draft or free agency and suddenly the O could be dangerous.

On defense we just need another DT and DE from the draft and we're in much better shape defensively. Our LB corps looks good (not great but I'll take it), same with the secondary, just solidify the line and get another pass rusher... we're back in contention.

The only way we should go to needing 2 years to rebuild is if our QBs all stink, in which I'd go after the best QB in the draft we could get in round 1 of 2015. Here's to hoping Pryor or McGloin show us something in the regular season.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Coachings the most important factor in the equation. The Raiders had the most offensive talent they've had in a decade last season, but Dennis Allens hiring of Greg Knapp made it look like one of the worst offenses in the league. That's after back to back seasons of good play with a backup caliber QB at the helm. Until we have the right man at HC with the right coordinators under him, we're not going anywhere.

This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

This is so redundant. Those 8-8 seasons were an absolute fluke because the division was horrible.

Not crowning Allen here, but he's not working w/ a full deck of cards and Peyton Manning came into the division which changed the dynamic.

Fair, and I agree, but the same can be said for any of our coaches the last 10 years.

As to the 8-8 seasons being a fluke I disagree. We were 5-2 before campbell went down IIRC, Jackson had our Offence playing to their full potential. He needed to be fire because he went out of control, but I wont discredit the fact that our O was capable of putting up points on anyone and claim it was fluke

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Fair, and I agree, but the same can be said for any of our coaches the last 10 years.

As to the 8-8 seasons being a fluke I disagree. We were 5-2 before campbell went down IIRC, Jackson had our Offence playing to their full potential. He needed to be fire because he went out of control, but I wont discredit the fact that our O was capable of putting up points on anyone and claim it was fluke

DMAC was balling out. After he went down, they were never the same team. Jackson didn't bother adding another RB to spell Bush and the wheels fell off.

That offense was built on DMAC. If Jackson stayed on, they'd have hit a similar wall. The Oline was garbage, they lacked WR talent and it would have shown as the division improved.

Oh and the defense was miserable, but that has been the case for a decade.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Say what you want about those 2 seasons, but we were getting the most out of our offensive talent. Thats a hell of a lot more then can be said about the [inappropriate/removed] we saw last year.
Reggiesucks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

DMAC was balling out. After he went down, they were never the same team. Jackson didn't bother adding another RB to spell Bush and the wheels fell off.

That offense was built on DMAC. If Jackson stayed on, they'd have hit a similar wall. The Oline was garbage, they lacked WR talent and it would have shown as the division improved.

No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
No need in making this argruement again. These guys are still drinking the Kool Aid! LOL Our Biggest weakness is GM and HeadCoach!

Riiiight. B/c Lombardi would be able to make our offensive line a good unit.

PM sig requests.
Reggiesucks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Reggiesucks wrote:

I don't know if Lombardi could make the line better but I'm sure a servicable GM could have upgraded the talent over 2 years.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting too lean towards saying that the problems are the two dunces DA & RM. I was hopeful earlier too but I see the signs of some failures & they're only going to be amplified by how hard we'll suck this year. I hope they pick Flynn to start just so Hell's kitchen begins to heat up for those two.

Reggie McKenzie: "We will compete this year." Yeah stfu you senile imbecile, we'll compete for the number one pick. DA & RM are looking like fonies.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Reggiesucks wrote:

I don't know if Lombardi could make the line better but I'm sure a servicable GM could have upgraded the talent over 2 years.

W/ what money?

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiesucks wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Oh fantastic..... this poster is back.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: