Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Cuts Have Begun
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1748
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: The Cuts Have Begun Reply with quote

In case you didn't know, all NFL teams have to be down to 75 players by August 27, 2013 at 4pm eastern time......


and it looks like the Dolphins have begun early...


the team cut offensive guards Jeff Braun and Chandler Burden, defensive tackle Chris Burnette, linebacker Alonzo Highsmith, receiver Kenny Stafford, getting the roster to 84......

which means 9 more to go within the next 4 days.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this will allow them to focus on the guys that are on the bubble to make the team...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1748
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cut to 53 is four days later on August 31, 2013 at 4pm. with the practice squad one day after that on September 1, 2013.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChosenOne3188


Joined: 09 May 2008
Posts: 597
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see aj Francis make the team, but it's highly unlikely with the amount of quality DTs we already have
_________________


AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6654
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armando and Omar both predict that Devlin won't be on the 53.

Both also think Jelani Jenkins is borderline, the Fins will probably try to stash him on their practice squad.

I am truly impressed with our defensive lineman. Shelby, Martin, Okpalaugoowehhg, Randall, and Francis have all caught my attention during the preseason. One will probably be left out unfortunately.
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13166
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Francis makes the 53 as the only other true NT type on the team.

I'd be willing to bet a trade happens with one of our D-linemen before the final cuts to make room for Francis who won't make it on the practice squad given how well he has played in the preseason
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2269
Location: TN, by way of Palm Beach FL
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I think Francis makes the 53 as the only other true NT type on the team.

I'd be willing to bet a trade happens with one of our D-linemen before the final cuts to make room for Francis who won't make it on the practice squad given how well he has played in the preseason


It would be great to get something now for Starks before he walks next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phins315


Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 875
Location: Turning Stone Casino
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Armando and Omar both predict that Devlin won't be on the 53.

Both also think Jelani Jenkins is borderline, the Fins will probably try to stash him on their practice squad.

I am truly impressed with our defensive lineman. Shelby, Martin, Okpalaugoowehhg, Randall, and Francis have all caught my attention during the preseason. One will probably be left out unfortunately.


Omar stresses it and I have noticed it too, Kacy Rodgers is a great coach, he constantly is turning out pro-bowl and starting caliber players from his group which may have not been the most gifted talent wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaiowas05


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1132
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phins315 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Armando and Omar both predict that Devlin won't be on the 53.

Both also think Jelani Jenkins is borderline, the Fins will probably try to stash him on their practice squad.

I am truly impressed with our defensive lineman. Shelby, Martin, Okpalaugoowehhg, Randall, and Francis have all caught my attention during the preseason. One will probably be left out unfortunately.


Omar stresses it and I have noticed it too, Kacy Rodgers is a great coach, he constantly is turning out pro-bowl and starting caliber players from his group which may have not been the most gifted talent wise.


hard to not love Kacy Rogers
_________________
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8845
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/63441/five-miami-dolphins-on-the-bubble
_________________

#TeamMeowgatron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2249
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your guy's thoughts on Sam Brenner? I know him personally that's why I ask
_________________
Adopt-A-Bear: (A-Dub) Adrian Wilson

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maddogg


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 1748
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away......
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
What is your guy's thoughts on Sam Brenner? I know him personally that's why I ask


More than likely he will probably make the practice squad. Josh Samuda has not made the jump in performance the coaches have looked for to date. So there is a slight chance he makes the 53 but a 50/50 chance he makes the practice squad.
_________________



Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 6, Tackles 7 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 7 : Death 24 Joe 21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9065
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
I think Francis makes the 53 as the only other true NT type on the team.

I'd be willing to bet a trade happens with one of our D-linemen before the final cuts to make room for Francis who won't make it on the practice squad given how well he has played in the preseason


It would be great to get something now for Starks before he walks next year.


I agree. Getting a 3-4 rounder for Starks would be nice. I honestly doubt he will be effective this year as he saw what happened to Keller.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6654
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
I think Francis makes the 53 as the only other true NT type on the team.

I'd be willing to bet a trade happens with one of our D-linemen before the final cuts to make room for Francis who won't make it on the practice squad given how well he has played in the preseason


It would be great to get something now for Starks before he walks next year.


I agree. Getting a 3-4 rounder for Starks would be nice. I honestly doubt he will be effective this year as he saw what happened to Keller.


What do you mean?
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 6654
Location: Gainesville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys I'm really cheering for to make the 53:

H-Back Evan Rodgriguez and LB Josh Kaddu
_________________
Maddogg wrote:
Also, Joe Philbin denies knowing who won the presidential election in 2012 because as quoted "I don't go anywhere where people talk about anything."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group