Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: Jets vs. Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see the game but hearing good things about TT, which is nice because Webster sounds like he's well, Webster.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like I went back in a time machine. Nicks was running well. Tuck made some plays. Terrell Thomas (and even Ross to an extent) out there playing.

I still love these DTs. I still hate these LBers.

Didn't really watch Pugh closely.. How'd he do?
ESKY008

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than Diehl. I thought he was promising. Looked lost a few times but def upgrade to the line.

After that game, I think we are gonna suck the first month. We need our starters back healthy, then they will need to gel/get game speed up. I think the key is Wilson. Don't know why, I just do.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 3 positives I took away from the game. Mike Patterson balled. He should play along with Joseph on early downs. He was a beast at stopping the run. Pugh handled himself well and already an upgrade over Diehl. Finally, the LBs seem set. Connor locked the Mike position up and looks fine. He Rivers and Paysinger seem to have handled the run along with the DL. That is critical. Did I say Patterson had a monster game against the run (and hustled his carcas off). Very impressed with him.

As to the negatives, I hope Brown and Hosley are minor injuries but Brown's looked bad. Cordle should not be starting. Boothe should start at Center with Mosely or Brewer at LG. Cordle looked bad. He's too light and missed a few assignments. We can't afford it. That should help the running game. Also, Nicks looks slow. At some point, Gilbride needs to develop new redzone plays. The same ole stuff doesn't work and FGs won't win many games. The field always seems so small when the Giants are in the redzone. Yet on defense, the redzone seems so wide open. Tuck seems slow and often is one on one. He doesn't seem able to win a 1 on 1 battle. At this point Tuck should probably play DT exclusively. Let JPP, Moore, Kiwi, Tratou, and Tracy rotate at DE.

We also see how valuable Cruz is to the offense. There seemed to be no rhythm out there. As an aside, can we hire the dude that orchestrated all of those amazing screens for the Eagles? we are a terrible screen team and Wilson could do damage and keep defenses honest if we knew how to execute a good screen game.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy says Nicks was running well. The other says he looked slow. Lol which one is it? I hope Nicks is just playing it safe and not running 100% deliberately.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
One guy says Nicks was running well. The other says he looked slow. Lol which one is it? I hope Nicks is just playing it safe and not running 100% deliberately.

I think Nicks will be fine. He' taking it easy and still made some nice plays.

Other things I took away from the game:
1. We are another injury away from a REALLY rough season on offense. Got not production once the starters were out (first team didn't play too well either). Our reserve OL cannot block.

2. Jacquain Williams is soft. Love his athleticism but he needs to be more aggressive. Was really hoping he'd grab a starting spot this season. Can't believe its looking like Paysinger is a starter.

3. Loved Prince's interview towards the end of the game. We just need one of the vets to step it up and have a good season on the other side of the field.

4. Really hoping Will Hill can come back from suspension and start for us. I think he has the ability to be an impact safety for us.

Finally, I do not want to see starters get more than one drive next week. Too many injuries and not worth risking it. This is a veteran team who does not need the extra reps to be ready. We just need to be as healthy as possible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

Reasonable minds can differ Surprised ..I don't know what it looked like on TV but watching it at the game he seemed kind of uninterested and slow. Almost Desean Jackson like during his contract year when he simply wasn't going to play hard to risk injury. Or maybe Nicks ins't fully recovered. Just one man's opinion. Smile

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Reasonable minds can differ Surprised ..I don't know what it looked like on TV but watching it at the game he seemed kind of uninterested and slow. Almost Desean Jackson like during his contract year when he simply wasn't going to play hard to risk injury. Or maybe Nicks ins't fully recovered. Just one man's opinion. Smile

Or he's just not pushing too hard in preseason because he knows he doesn't have to fight for a job and doesn't want to give too much film for the Cowboys to study...? Ok, not likely but hey. Someone has to be an optimist.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks did look slow to me, not sharp in his cuts and such.
Plus he's got to get up and grab that TD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: