Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

53 Man Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Steeler Hitman


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 1186
Location: Laurel, MD
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Question about the "dwyer gets traded" comment in one of the depth charts....

WHO THE HECK WOULD TRADE FOR HIM??


I think Dwyer would be attractive to a team who needs a change of pace back or depth. I have not identified a specific team, but I do honestly believe that he has trade value. We certainly wouldn't be getting a #1, but I believe Dwyer has potential and upside to another team. He seems to be the odd man out in Pittsburgh.


Bell was drafted to be the future at RB.
F. Jones was brought in as a stop gap until Bell is ready.
Redman is not an every down back, but provides some bang between the tackles and short yardage situations.
LSH is more of a sct-back, 3rd down back and return man.

Dwyer would be the most attractive to another team. I believe that more than one team would like to have a RB like Dwyer, hence he would have a little trade value (6th or 7th round)..
_________________
"Being a Steeler fan starts when the sperm meets the egg!" -- Unknown Steeler Fan


Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
95lloyd


Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Posts: 418
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Arnfelt makes the team myself.
_________________
"When asked which player he has coached over those 33 seasons that hed pick to build a defense around, LeBeau answered almost immediately: Greg Lloyd"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3329
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeler Hitman wrote:
Sad thing about Sylvester is that he has the physical tools and abilities to be successful. Unfortunately he doesn't have the passion, mental drive and instincts of many former and current Steelers MLB's that he is more physically gifted than such as Larry Little, Jerry Olsavsky, Earl Holmes or Larry Foote.

Shame on you
_________________

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2993
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Ben, Bruce, Jones
RB: Bell, Redman, LSH, Dwyer, Jones
FB: W. Johnson
WR: AB, Manny, Cotch, Wheaton, Dunn
TE: Miller, Spaeth, DJ, Paulson
T: Adams, Gilbert, Long
G: DDC, Foster, Beachum
C: Pouncey, Malecki

DE: Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Woods
DT: McClendon, Ta'amu
OLB: Woodley, Jones, Worilds, Baxter
ILB: Timmons, Foote, McFadden, Williams
CB: Ike, Allen, Gay, Brown, Hawthorne
S: Troy, Clark, Thomas, Golden, DCS

K: Sushi
P: Butler
LS: Warren
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
snoopydawg44us


Joined: 10 Feb 2010
Posts: 1114
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they keep 5 wr Moye makes the 53 Kid plays with heart. Good fb player. He wont last on the PS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14839
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopydawg44us wrote:
If they keep 5 wr Moye makes the 53 Kid plays with heart. Good fb player. He wont last on the PS.


On top of that, I genuinely think Derek Moye can be talent in the NFL. I'm not saying he'll ever be a Super Star, but he has nice ability, which he displayed frequently at Penn State, and it could be vital, especially in the redzone, to the Steelers, as far "if they keep 5 WR's", there isn't an if to me about that, they're going to keep 5 WR's, there's no way you roll into the season with just 4 WR's on your roster, that's just asking for trouble.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8334
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB(3)

Gradkowski
Jones
Roethlisberger

RB(5)

Bell, Le'Veon
Jones
Redman, Isaac
Stephens-Howling
Will Johnson

WR(5)

Antonio Brown
Moye
Cotchery
Sanders
Wheaton

TE(4)

Miller
Spaeth(Return IR)
Paulson
Palmer
Johnson

OL(Cool

Pouncey
Foster
Gilbert
Adams
Decastro
Malecki
Beachum
Long

DL(7)

Keisel
Hood
Heyward
Woods
McClendon
Ta'amu
Arnfelt

Backer(9)

Jones
Wood
Worilds
Timmons
Foote
Williams
McFadden
Wilson
Baxter


DB(Cool

Taylor
Allen
Gay
TP
Clark
Victorian
Thomas
Golden

ST(3)

Warren
Swisher Sweet
Moorhman
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50753
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

DB(Cool

Taylor
Allen
Gay
TP
Clark
Victorian
Thomas
Golden



No way we only keep 4 corners.

Where is Hawthorne? No chance he doesnt make the roster.

Victorian is terrible. Its a toss up between him and Curtis Brown....unless they try to sign a corner that gets dumped by another team.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3329
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
QB: Ben, Bruce, Jones
RB: Bell, Redman, LSH, Dwyer, Jones
FB: W. Johnson
WR: AB, Manny, Cotch, Wheaton, Dunn
TE: Miller, Spaeth, DJ, Paulson
T: Adams, Gilbert, Long
G: DDC, Foster, Beachum
C: Pouncey, Malecki

DE: Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Woods
DT: McClendon, Ta'amu
OLB: Woodley, Jones, Worilds, Baxter
ILB: Timmons, Foote, McFadden, Williams
CB: Ike, Allen, Gay, Brown, Hawthorne
S: Troy, Clark, Thomas, Golden, DCS

K: Sushi
P: Butler
LS: Warren

Best one I've seen yet.
_________________

CKSteeler wrote:
And no, truth is not a 'fact.' Which is why they are two different words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8334
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:

DB(Cool

Taylor
Allen
Gay
TP
Clark
Victorian
Thomas
Golden



No way we only keep 4 corners.

Where is Hawthorne? No chance he doesnt make the roster.

Victorian is terrible. Its a toss up between him and Curtis Brown....unless they try to sign a corner that gets dumped by another team.


Hawthorn will be on the PS. Golden and Thomas can each play the dime.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14839
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:

DB(Cool

Taylor
Allen
Gay
TP
Clark
Victorian
Thomas
Golden



No way we only keep 4 corners.

Where is Hawthorne? No chance he doesnt make the roster.

Victorian is terrible. Its a toss up between him and Curtis Brown....unless they try to sign a corner that gets dumped by another team.


Hawthorn will be on the PS. Golden and Thomas can each play the dime.


No way that happens. Do you know how quickly another team would sign him? There's no way they put Hawthorne on the PS, I'm not buying it. That's basically equivalent to giving another team a potentially solid draft pick.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 50753
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
jebrick wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
jebrick wrote:

DB(Cool

Taylor
Allen
Gay
TP
Clark
Victorian
Thomas
Golden



No way we only keep 4 corners.

Where is Hawthorne? No chance he doesnt make the roster.

Victorian is terrible. Its a toss up between him and Curtis Brown....unless they try to sign a corner that gets dumped by another team.


Hawthorn will be on the PS. Golden and Thomas can each play the dime.


No way that happens. Do you know how quickly another team would sign him? There's no way they put Hawthorne on the PS, I'm not buying it. That's basically equivalent to giving another team a potentially solid draft pick.


THIS.

No way they take a chance with Hawthorne on the PS. If they do its idiotic.

And again...Victorian sucks. Why would he get a roster spot over Hawthorne? At least Hawthorne has nice upside.
_________________

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8334
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the Steeler fans wildly over value their own draft picks. You act like all the other teams are just waiting to get whomever the Steelers release. The Bengals have much better team with a lot of depth. They will be releasing some very good players. Go to their forum and their fans will be saying the same thing.

All the teams will be releasing and signing PS players. I seriously doubt that some GM is just waiting to sign Hawthorn before the Steelers can do it.

Hawthorn has shown nothing. If the Steelers keep Dwyer I will put money that they do not keep Hawthorne.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14839
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Because the Steeler fans wildly over value their own draft picks. You act like all the other teams are just waiting to get whomever the Steelers release. The Bengals have much better team with a lot of depth. They will be releasing some very good players. Go to their forum and their fans will be saying the same thing.

All the teams will be releasing and signing PS players. I seriously doubt that some GM is just waiting to sign Hawthorn before the Steelers can do it.

Hawthorn has shown nothing. If the Steelers keep Dwyer I will put money that they do not keep Hawthorne.


That's idiocy, I'm sorry but it is. Dwyer is a Free Agent after the 2013 season, let ask you something. Do you think he's going to be resigned? I don't.

No, teams aren't 'sitting around waiting' for other teams to release their draft picks, you know why? Because they don't expect them to.

Terry Hawthorne was also injured was he not? I don't buy an arguement that we throw away potential at CB for Dwyer, considering that CB can be here next season and Dwyer, imo, won't be.

It's not about overvaluing the pick, we don't really know what we have in Hawthorne, it's about being smart and it's simply NOT a smart move.

The only thing people like Van Dyke and Victorian have over Hawthorne, imo, is experience, there's a lot of young individuals in the secondary, including UDFA Nigel Malone.

I suppose it's not impossible that Hawthorne doesn't make the team, but I also don't view that scenario as likely.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CKSteeler


Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 5384
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to draft picks compared to UDFA's, I think they obviously have a higher chance of being pilfered. There's usually some other team who had that guy on their board. Unless the guy was awful in the pre-season (and even then it doesn't prevent it), a guy has a good chance of being picked up.

I do know this. In general, the Steelers know more about who other teams liked or how much interest their was in a guy than we do. If they try and stash Hawthorne, it means they considered the risk of losing him less than the upside of stashing him on the 53 to prevent it until he develops.

Considering there is a chance a CB on the roster will be called upon to play, Hawthorne was a raw guy who was hurt most of the pre-season, and that it also has special teams implications...I do not see Hawthorne making the team. If they do, they really like his upside down the road.

If the decision at LB is being made based on special teams, I would think similar logic is being applied elsewhere on the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group